+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue Changes and 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Default range on all codas is now 35m. Will be in next week's patch.
    What about our builders?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Megron View Post
    What about our builders?
    Don't use logic here
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Megron View Post
    What about our builders?
    Don't ruin this valuable thread with your "logic."

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Here are the complete changes for Bard to go along with what was mentioned above.

Bard:
    • Chord of Inspiration no longer adds healing but adds an absorb shield equal to 3/6/9% of attack power. Number of affected party or raid members increased to 10.
    • Improved Motif of Regeneration is now Karine’s Requiem. Increases damage done by Coda of Wrath and Coda of Fury by 30% while the target is under 30% health.
    • Motif of Regeneration now affects all party or raid members by default.
    • Invigorated Soul now targets 10 party or raid members instead of 5.
    • All codas now have a 35m base range.

Rogue Masteries:
    • Ascended Biology - Now increases the range of your damaging non-melee abilities by 5m. Does not stack with Keen Eye.
    Last edited by Vladd; 01-12-2015 at 05:10 PM.

awesome bard changes but i fear power chord will still not be worth using. as it is right now, powerchord is a dps and a healing loss, because cadenza gets 2 ticks in the 1s gcd for a total of 12% ap healing and powerchord is only 9%. for dps, it's just a loss because it doesn't lower the verse of agony CD. my suggestion is buff it to 12% ap and make it lower verse of agony CD by 2s to put it on par with cadenza.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    awesome bard changes but i fear power chord will still not be worth using. as it is right now, powerchord is a dps and a healing loss, because cadenza gets 2 ticks in the 1s gcd for a total of 12% ap healing and powerchord is only 9%. for dps, it's just a loss because it doesn't lower the verse of agony CD. my suggestion is buff it to 12% ap and make it lower verse of agony CD by 2s to put it on par with cadenza.
    i think its perfect that way, lose some dps for an shield. its a choice, you dont need the shield but it makes sense now. for example finric and a (really) bad played 20% phase.

and it makes bard a bigger thread in pvp with that low cd shield, "higher" heals.

but i still think thats not enough to put bards on the dps lvl of oracel and thats where the main problem is imo. we dont need the shields/heals for progress/kills, its the dps+ that lets you decide what support you play in your raid. (but maybe the 30% ...change is enough, just dont think so)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Champion

So I get a shield equal to between 1/65th to 1/80th of max health?

Rift Disciple

Improved Motif of Regeneration is now Karine’s Requiem. Increases damage done by Coda of Wrath and Coda of Fury by 30% while the target is under 30% health.
    could you please make it so that both codas deal more damage under 50% hp and not 30%? pretty annoying to wait until 30% hp of a boss to see some serious dps from the bard. if that is too much maybe just increase the damage values for those codas or add a dot for 3-4 seconds just so it mimics bolt of depravity from inquisitor?

Also Verse of Occlusion could use some work. Maybe reduce the cooldown and/or increase the absorb value.

Theoretically the option to use PC+cadenza instead of the conventional builder (3+2 cadenza) in order to trade some dps to shield the raid sounds great. You have to pay for what you gain. However, the value of the shield it gives is too low to matter (say, you have 10k AP, 9% of that is 900 - every 4s; in comparison to 80k hp pools it pretty meh... also not sure how long that shield will last if not damaged) Problem is, points in bard increase healing done but not absorption granted. In the tree itself there are points that increase bard's healing but - again - not absorption. Tbh, I don't see anything that would scale the absorption up (not talking about AP itself) unless you spend points in phys. (Please open my eyes )
    It's the same thing with the aforementioned Verse of Occlusion - the shield is too little to matter, it's a miracle if you manage to save someone with it. And 2min cd for that?
    So maybe at least apply all bard healing bonuses to shielding as well?

Default what?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Default range on all codas is now 35m. Will be in next week's patch.
    wait. what do U mean? patch 3.1 will be out on this week (01/15/2015)?
    Rift 3.5 PvP Rogue by Pioneerka
    Quietly stab in the back of his victim, he listens to the last words from Pioneerka: "Don't worry, be happy" =)

Ascendant

What happened with Sab changes Vladd, I hope we haven't been abandoned.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    What happened with Sab changes Vladd, I hope we haven't been abandoned.
    Since Sab was made situationally useful by the encounter design in the Bindings of Blood, both Cabalist and Stormcaller have seen significant overhauls. Which include having decent damage and utility. While Sab has been further left behind by a lack of mastery support, the prominence of Bladedancer, and the fact that none of the current encounters are really tailored for Sab.

Personally, I do like Sab. The soul could use a revamp, but particularly given the attention that would entail it's hard to say that should be a priority over MM/Ranger/Bard/Heat Retention. And at some point Tactician should probably be at least marginally useful for something outside of Phys/Tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedryne View Post
    say, you have 10k AP, 9% of that is 900 - every 4s;
    How the deuce would you end up with 10k AP with a class that gets a 40% bonus to its AP? With motifs and reverberation running, I'm sitting around ~16k. And that's just the base value of the shield, though it does bring up a good point: the Bard gift and Triumphant Spirit should be changed to apply to absorbs as well as heals.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Since Sab was made situationally useful by the encounter design in the Bindings of Blood, both Cabalist and Stormcaller have seen significant overhauls. Which include having decent damage and utility. While Sab has been further left behind by a lack of mastery support, the prominence of Bladedancer, and the fact that none of the current encounters are really tailored for Sab.

Personally, I do like Sab. The soul could use a revamp, but particularly given the attention that would entail it's hard to say that should be a priority over MM/Ranger/Bard/Heat Retention. And at some point Tactician should probably be at least marginally useful for something outside of Phys/Tact.

How the deuce would you end up with 10k AP with a class that gets a 40% bonus to its AP? With motifs and reverberation running, I'm sitting around ~16k. And that's just the base value of the shield, though it does bring up a good point: the Bard gift and Triumphant Spirit should be changed to apply to absorbs as well as heals.
    16k AP? what do you have, full T1 set turned in to AP?
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    16k AP? what do you have, full T1 set turned in to AP?
    Looks like... 16,493 AP.

To be fair, looks like I had consumables still on from raid. On the other hand to really be full T1 I think I'd need more than 0 raid weapons.

But as for the armor... Still sans chest piece (and one earring). Anyways, that aside, point remains though that 10k is too light to be taking Reverb into account.

#aplife
    Last edited by bitnine; 01-13-2015 at 09:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast