+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WoW Style Rogue Stun-lock Build

Shadowlander

Default WoW Style Rogue Stun-lock Build

I made this to see what people think of it. It has plenty off cc with huge damage output also.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VVdVzsoo0d.VM

CC :
    Assassin Tree
    -Blind
    -Foul Play
    -Incapacitate
    -Paralyzing Strike
    -Malicious Strike
    Riftstalker
    -Flash of Steel
    -Disengage
    -Maim
    -Weapon Barrage
    -Disassemble

CC Duration: ( seconds )
    Stuns: 12
    Snares/Root: 20 at 50% and 70% Snare
    Blinds/Saps : 40
    Silences : 5
    Disarm : 6

I don't know diminishing returns rates or anything in this game but this much CC should be pretty good.
    Last edited by Christopher7789; 01-31-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Shadowlander

I have been looking for such a WoW type stun-lock build. Could you maybe go a step further for some of us and give an ability rotation starting from stealth?? Im never any good at coming up with a standard first round rotation.

Thanks m8

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Clear Black View Post
    I have been looking for such a WoW type stun-lock build. Could you maybe go a step further for some of us and give an ability rotation starting from stealth?? Im never any good at coming up with a standard first round rotation.

Thanks m8
    Haven't really been able to test the highest damage rotation but I would imagine on most targets at level 50 it would be something like this

Incapacitate > Assassinate > Blade Tempo > Foul Play > Puncture > Jagged Strike > Disengage > savage strike > Final blow > Paralyzing strike > Savage strike to 5 combo points > final blow > Blinding powder ... Stealth > incapacitate > repeat while using silences or disarms and snares if the target tries to kite. If any stun CD's come back up use them and keep using damage rotation also.

Now this would be a very lengthy fight against a cleric or something. Most would die a lot faster.

Only thing I'm not sure of is the combo point gathering abilities to use since I haven't tried this build.

I'm also thinking of changing Riftstalker to Nightblade for 15% damage increase on combo gathering abilities and if I specced more into it for increase finishers damage.
    Last edited by Christopher7789; 01-31-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Jagged Strike and Paralyzing Strike can only be used in stealth.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Azsharah View Post
    Jagged Strike and Paralyzing Strike can only be used in stealth.
    Then use Paralyzing strike instead of Assassinate the first stealth round. Blind then use stealth > Assassinate.

Jagged strike could be used if you really want a lot of bleed damage.
    Last edited by Christopher7789; 01-31-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher7789 View Post
    Then use Paralyzing strike instead of Assassinate the first stealth round. Blind then use stealth > Assassinate.

Jagged strike could be used if you really want a lot of bleed damage.
    You gonna stand around and wait for the dots you left on the person to fade before you blind? Or does damage not break blind?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    You gonna stand around and wait for the dots you left on the person to fade before you blind? Or does damage not break blind?
    Well Puncture and Jagged strike bleeds only lasts 10 seconds so I imagine the bleed would run out before you need to blind. Depends how soon you want to blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher7789 View Post
    Well Puncture and Jagged strike bleeds only lasts 10 seconds so I imagine the bleed would run out before you need to blind. Depends how soon you want to blind.
    Blind is only going to be useful for a second target cc. We have to many bleeds/poisons to be able to use it mid-fight. I've been using it on targets that try to escape. Chase em and wait for dots to wear off, then blind>malicious>whatever else.

How does blind work? Takes target out of combat so you can use incap again?
    Last edited by Cormyat; 01-31-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormyat View Post
    How does blind work? Same as in WoW? Takes target out of combat so you can use incap again?
    blind > incap will not work. Blind takes you out of stealth and puts you in combat. Then again, I guess if you're patient, you can wait a few seconds during the blind to stealth>incap. I used blind a lot in Black Garden when I was outnumbered. Incap target1, blind target2, dps target3. worked well for the most part...jus wish blind lasted a bit longer

Shadowlander

it's not a bad idea, but with diminishing returns and the unreliability of having to count on a dodge for the bladedancer stun i'm not sure it's worth putting quite that many points in BD, especially when you should probably be attacking casters moreso than physical damage dealers with this type of build. as for diminishing returns i think your foul play is only going to last for 2 seconds when using it to follow up paralyzing strike so you're really only gonna have 6 seconds or so for your opening damage.

as far as your skills in the assassin tree, serrated blades and puncture are very nice dps talents but if you're gonna be using blind to restealth as part of your rotation you can't be putting bleeds on your opponent, serrated blades is especially bad for this since you can't control when it procs.

as far as your third tree is concerned i'm pretty sure 12 points in the PVP tree is the way to go, being able to remove dots with the 10 point root skill is obviously going to be invaluable when restealthing while +10% physical damage, armor penetration, and critical damage is probably going to give you more damage than a similar amount of points in any other tree.

can't completely stunlock someone in this game, the diminishing returns will stop that. Theres also a lot of abilities readily available to break some of the CC. Nonetheless you certainly won't be short of CC with this build :P
    Bubbrubb / Eastern of <Missionary Impossible>

Quote Originally Posted by mercilous View Post
    blind > incap will not work. Blind takes you out of stealth and puts you in combat. Then again, I guess if you're patient, you can wait a few seconds during the blind to stealth>incap. I used blind a lot in Black Garden when I was outnumbered. Incap target1, blind target2, dps target3. worked well for the most part...jus wish blind lasted a bit longer
    But you don't have to be in stealth to use blind, right? I think what he's saying is you execute your combo, then when you've exhausted your stuns, throw on a blind and "slip away" into stealth, then wait for CD's, incap, and re-start the rotation. Basically the same as the old blind-vanish-sap in WoW. What I want to know is if the blind takes your target (and therefore you) out of combat and allows you to re-stealth without slip away.

If he's got dots on the target, that would break the blind, obviously. I'm wondering if the combo would technically work if there are no dots / bleeds on the target. Could lead to lots of QQ but, oh well. I played a rogue in WoW for a couple years so I'm used to it.
    Last edited by Cormyat; 01-31-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Rift Master

Can anyone else confirm that para strike can only be used in stealth? I didn't know that. If so then this changes many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormyat View Post
    But you don't have to be in stealth to use blind, right? I think what he's saying is you execute your combo, then when you've exhausted your stuns, throw on a blind and "slip away" into stealth, then wait for CD's, incap, and re-start the rotation. Basically the same as the old blind-vanish-sap in WoW.

If he's got dots on the target, that would break the blind, obviously. I'm wondering if the combo would technically work if there are no dots / bleeds on the target. Could lead to lots of QQ but, oh well. I played a rogue in WoW for a couple years so I'm used to it.
    Blind can be used in or out of stealth. I guess with slip-away, it is possible. Like you said, it's going to be hard to find a time when your target doesn't have any bleeds/poisons on them. In this case, it makes more sense to me to slip-away, wait for dots to wear off, then incap and return to your rotation. I honestly can't find a good use for blind in mid-combat. I see blind being very beneficial to rogues who don't use poisons/bleeds though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast