+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions on rogue tanking

Shadowlander

Default Questions on rogue tanking

A little background, I have tanked in EQ2, FFXI, WOW and Vanguard, so i have alittle experience with tanking in MMO's.

So I started a rogue after I played a cleric and wanted to try the tanking. I dual lvled with a friend and he was a mage. I had Riftstalker/BD/Nightblade and only made it to lvl 15 so i didnt get to do an instance but I felt when i was questing with him, it seemed that i couldnt keep the mobs off him. Is this consistant or is there some abilities that say they generate threat that generate more then the others? I was going to try ranger or assassin next beta too see if it helps with dmg. Is there any talents i should make sure to get to make sure it helps keeping threat? I notice Warriors get talents that help generate more threat. Any help is appreciated. Thx

at 18 points into riftstalker you get your Defensive phase increasing threat/armor/end

the first attack already has a high threat generation level. I had no problems keeping mobs of my friend mage when I duo'd with him, you get a nice aoe taunt aswell later.

Shadowlander

I was using that first threat ability but maybe i wasnt using it enough. Also What is your thoughts on Riftstalker/BD/Saboteur? Use Sab mainly for pulling since you get an AOE bomb throw early.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Abbner View Post
    A little background, I have tanked in EQ2, FFXI, WOW and Vanguard, so i have alittle experience with tanking in MMO's.

So I started a rogue after I played a cleric and wanted to try the tanking. I dual lvled with a friend and he was a mage. I had Riftstalker/BD/Nightblade and only made it to lvl 15 so i didnt get to do an instance but I felt when i was questing with him, it seemed that i couldnt keep the mobs off him. Is this consistant or is there some abilities that say they generate threat that generate more then the others? I was going to try ranger or assassin next beta too see if it helps with dmg. Is there any talents i should make sure to get to make sure it helps keeping threat? I notice Warriors get talents that help generate more threat. Any help is appreciated. Thx
    its pretty easy to MT on a rift/bard, atleast at lower levels. Did IT and DM as MT and had 0 problems. once you have defensive phase and your aoe. even the last boss in DM was a cakewalk, allthough we wiped once due to incompetent dps that couldnt actually dps, once said person was replaced we finished with ease.

Shadowlander

For a Riftstalker, I prefer Rifstalker/Bard/BD... That gives 3% reduced chance to be hit/crit from bard + endurance, and the ability to retaliate attacks when dodging (more threat + damage) from BD. I had riftstalker maxed, 8 Bard, 7 BD. Ideally it would work (awesome CDs at the end root of Riftstalker) and I never had problems holding threat even in Realm of the Fae.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Strela View Post
    the first attack already has a high threat generation level. I had no problems keeping mobs of my friend mage when I duo'd with him, you get a nice aoe taunt aswell later.
    What AoE taunt? The only taunt I recall was teh single target and is one of the tihings Beta Feedback asked for was an AoE taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambros View Post
    What AoE taunt? The only taunt I recall was teh single target and is one of the tihings Beta Feedback asked for was an AoE taunt.
    He's probably talking about Disturbance and Blitz, the AoE threat builders.

+ Reply to Thread