+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman/Bard/Riftstalker build?

Default Marksman/Bard/Riftstalker build?

I've been looking at this build, messing with the planner trying to get a feel for what I want to do (gonna test it all out in beta this weekend).

Just wondering if anyone has some ideas/suggestions for some builds to try out? Or maybe a better soul to pair with marksman/bard?
    Last edited by insertmoniker47; 01-31-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

Assassin might be good as a 3rd soul with just 4 points in , you get stealth , and a high dmg melee finisher (improved final blow) to use if the enemy comes inside 3 range (preventing your MM finishers)

I like the sound of that. Thanks. I'll put it on the list of things to try out this weekend

Soulwalker

I would say it would depend on what you plan on playing most, PvE or PvP.

If you are planning on mainly PvE, I would say make the 3rd soul a Ranger solely for the pet. Pets make PvE sooooo much easier, especially solo play.

I play a Bard/Marksman/Ranger in the last 2 beta's and love it. At first, I took Riftstalker for the melee finisher, but in reality, if you are a Bard and Marksman, you do not want to get in close. Marksman has a point blank point builder and then you step back a little to do the Ranger instance Head Shot finisher. It works the same.

That being said, I use Bard/Marksman/Riftstalker in PvP for the extra survivability. With 8 points in Riftstalker, you get 20% extra Armor, a finisher that adds a good bit of AC at higher level and get healed for 30% extra. Extra roles help after you determine how much healing support is needed. If not alot of healing support is needed, then you go to a Marksman heavier role for damage, but the Bard songs really help everyone. It's just so versatile I can't stand it.

Yeah i'm in love with the idea of utilizing marksman/bard and something else. I think it's going to be the most fun play style i've ever experienced in an mmo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shalille View Post
    to use if the enemy comes inside 3 range (preventing your MM finishers)
    Rapid fire shot is a MM finisher that can be used in melee.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rok.VIboi0skqz

This is a bard-heavy support/survival pvp build I was playing around with. It basically grabs all of the more important Bard buffs/support abilites as well as giving you an incredible amount of survivability between the Marksmen run speed buffs and Riftstalker phaseshifts. I played around with a pared down version of this build (28ish bard I believe, and no points in Riftstalker) in some warfronts during beta 5 and it was a blast.

+ Reply to Thread