+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur stats question

Default Saboteur mixed with Assassin or Marksman. What stats for Hit (Ranged or Melee)

I love the Sabateur class but a little confussed on some of the stats that help out the class. Namely what type of hit and crit bonuses does it need. IE. Do charges count use Range or Melee hit? I assume Agillity is the primary stat to go for since the class is a Rogue.

I am going back an forth between a build like : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0z.EqRcxdtkkRz which combines Assassin/Sab or something like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EqRfEdtkkRz.VM Marks/Sab/Ranger if the range bonuses count towards boosting the Sab's damage.

Has anyone experiemented with charges in as much as if they gain hit from melee or ranged +HIT talents?
    Last edited by NeuroNomad; 01-31-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Title change.
    I love this game!
    Proud member of the Sunder Gaming Community.
    My planned build for live 34 Bard / 28 Ranger / 4 Riftstalker : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...az.EMcf00ksk.m

One more question related to the above, I was thinking about mixing Assassin with Sab for a Stealthy Sab. Anyone else think that will be a good idea or just a waste of points?
    I love this game!
    My planned build for live 34 Bard / 28 Ranger / 4 Riftstalker : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...az.EMcf00ksk.m

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroNomad View Post
    One more question related to the above, I was thinking about mixing Assassin with Sab for a Stealthy Sab. Anyone else think that will be a good idea or just a waste of points?
    i think sab/sin will be amazing here s the build i thought of.http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMft0boz.V0o

Plane Touched

I would imagine so
    Last edited by Ambros; 01-31-2011 at 05:12 PM.

With sab/ sin you have a few things you need to remember. Energy, finishers, and charges.

If your idea is to jump someone with a 50 energy stun, your now in melee range with 50 energy 2cp and no charges withn only a 4sec stun. You could feed charges during the stun but you need to pool enough energy for the next stun. After these wear, your left with more cp then charges which you can either use a melee finisher, or continue to stack charges for detonate.

Sab/sin seems good inn theory, but it puts you in an akaward position and has two many conflicting mechanics.

If you are really set on stealth, 10 points in nightblade gets you 15% dmg on cp moves and finishers, as well as stealth. Weapon enchants (sorta like poisons) and a incipacitate (like sap from WoW) that has a longer range than sin

But that's just what I have found through research, you could make it work if you want. It just might be clunky and akward.

Good thought on the mixture of the two. So what do you suggest for someone that is pretty set on a Sab as a second and third soul?
    I love this game!

I still really, really would like to know what stats increase the hit, crit and damage factor of a Sab. If it is Ranged Hit then the way to go is for sure a dip into Marks.
    I love this game!

Good thought on the mixture of the two. So what do you suggest for someone that is pretty set on a Sab as a second and third soul?
    The two builds I'm looking at are sab/dark/marks and sab/dark/rift.

With marks, you would be useing anh bomb to set off your charges and the ranged finished (forget the name, deadeye? Its the 8point root one) to use the combo points in a quick burts. Your focusing more on straight raw dmg.

With rift, you go less into sab (you don't get anh bomb), use detonate for your charges and cps, and have rift for a lot of mobility. Porting away, ect ect.

Just my opnion though

I still really, really would like to know what stats increase the hit, crit and damage factor of a Sab. If it is Ranged Hit then the way to go is for sure a dip into Marks.

That I'm not sure I'll have to test it in the next beta.

Soulwalker

i am playing with the idea as well with the sab/sin combo. love the idea but im sure there is a balance somewhere.

Telaran

In my opinion, SAB and melee don't mix well. The best side classes for SAB at the moment IMO are Marksman or Ranger where you can pick up a ranged finisher to make use of the COMBO points that you shouldn't be using to detonate. The more time you are spent chasing or CCing your target to get in melee range is time you could be at range loading charges up hopefully going unnoticed. Alot could change because at the moment alot of other soul's have abilities that are not boosting charges.

Contrary to popular belief there is no one shot kill or one kill per GCD but there is this.

charge x 5, deadeye, any combo point generating ability (needed for detonate). detonate = dead person. The theory is the same in PVE except you'll be using a trap, stun charges or adhesive bomb to kite a bit more.You can do that in your early 20s or wait a bit and get anil bomb's upgrades which will do the detonate for you and you won't need the combo point for the finish. Without headshot or deadeye you'll be in melee which puts you at risk.

If Trion thinks some abilities are not working as deisgned and turn out to boost charge damage then my opinion will change. Such as NB's combo point generating damage increaser that I cant remember the name of.

Telaran

It's been my testing that only the abilities that say "all" boost it. It doesn't seem to qualify as a melee, nor ranged attack and NB's combo building ability doesn't add damage to charges either. There is not alot of synergy with SAB from other classes other than the teleporting of Rif and ranged finishers of the Mark and Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkyan View Post
    i am playing with the idea as well with the sab/sin combo. love the idea but im sure there is a balance somewhere.
    Go for it, one reason Rift is great; you can do what you want.

I really want to keep this thread going to see if anyone has more info on what to put with sab. Personally I placed most of my points in sab, then dipped into assassin and marks. But i really want to know if the sab/ranger/marks works. or sab/rift/x works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjackal View Post
    I really want to keep this thread going to see if anyone has more info on what to put with sab. Personally I placed most of my points in sab, then dipped into assassin and marks. But i really want to know if the sab/ranger/marks works. or sab/rift/x works.
    Anything CAN work, its just a matter of what you personaly want out of your character and set up. If you want to be a bow useing character that has a pet and tosses bombs to slow people, go do sab/rng/marks.

Want a defensive build? Sab/rift/bladedancer.

Up for stealth? Sab/infultrator/sin

100% depends on the persons preference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast