+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bard changes for beta six?

Default Bard changes for beta six?

* Motif of Regeneration: Changed tooltip to indicate amount healed every 3 seconds.

* New Root ability – Verse of Captivation: Available at 34 points, replaces Motif of Encouragement. Mesmerizes an enemy for 8 seconds. Any damage on the enemy removes the effect. Mez lockdown!

* Motif of Encouragement: Rather than removing this entirely, it now causes up to 5 surrounding critter mobs to follow the Bard. Lasts 15 seconds. Yes, that means you can have a squirrel army.
    Curious as to why they took away the aoe mezz and made it a root. Seems like a big nerf to a spec deep in the tree that's high on utility.

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/17740...-Encouragement

They ended up making this skill a useless ability now? It's a level 36 ability so instead of replacing it with something usable bards have to go from level 32 to level 40 before they get another usable ability? That's over eight levels towards the upper end of level cap. If it's truly this way I hope it's fixed.

I was wrong it's a buff looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    This is how i read it:
    * New Root ability the word root is capital, telling me it is in the root of the bard talent tree, not in the branches where "Verse of Fascination" is.

It's at 34 points in the branches, and a single target mez, from this text: Mesmerizes an enemy for 8 seconds.

So at 34 points into bard, we unlock two abilities in the root, a single target mez, and a squirrel army generator.
    Last edited by Baconnaise; 02-01-2011 at 08:16 AM.

I don't think they took our mez away, they added a single target root ability.
    Those notes do not say "verse of fascination" removed, or changed, they added "verse of captivation"
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Nevermind me.
    Last edited by Vasilije; 01-31-2011 at 03:11 PM.

I don't think they took our mez away, they added a single target root ability.
    Those notes do not say "verse of fascination" removed, or changed, they added "verse of captivation"
    Pretty sure it's a type error and actually means the bard aoe mezz being replaced with an aoe root instead. That's how it reads to me.

This is how i read it:
    * New Root ability the word root is capital, telling me it is in the root of the bard talent tree, not in the branches where "Verse of Fascination" is.

It's at 34 points in the branches, and a single target mez, from this text: Mesmerizes an enemy for 8 seconds.

So at 34 points into bard, we unlock two abilities in the root, a single target mez, and a squirrel army generator.
    Last edited by Telal; 01-31-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

This is how i read it:

Ahh ok! Thanks for the clarification. I read the latter part and saw the description for fascination so figured it was an error and they changed the ability.

Bards got an actual buff in the CC department. Now they are quite similar to bards in daoc .

I must be a sad individual if I'm more interested in the game because they have actual bards similar to daoc .

This is how i read it:

This.

If the notes are correct the ability "motif of encouragement", currently a mana regen buff, will be turned into some kind of "pied piper" fun spell. Instead, a single target mez will be added at 34 points in addition to the group mez we currently have.
    - Lord Taldier

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    - Nietzsche

Qan

The loss of Motif of Encouragement is huge.
    An army of squirrels? Really? It might be fun once or twice but it has no purpose in PvE or PvP.
    No other class gets a joke ability like this.

I hope for all us Bards that this is not accurate.

Rift Chaser

Where are the beta 6 patch notes?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Moebro View Post
    Where are the beta 6 patch notes?
    Their leaked out on the web, don't think there is an offical Beta 6 notes yet.
    Last edited by Ambros; 01-31-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Qan

editted
    10char
    Last edited by Qan; 02-01-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Qan View Post
    After taking a look at all of the "patch notes" I'm pretty sure they are a troll attempt.
    Naw their is some leaked notes floating round the web that what the OP quoted matches what I found when I googled it. Even if those were troll attempts it was some entertainment at least.

Telaran

Anybody who doesn't want an army of squirrels doesn't deserve to play as a Bard (and should be savaged by an army of squirrels). That is all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Psimonk View Post
    Anybody who doesn't want an army of squirrels doesn't deserve to play as a Bard (and should be savaged by an army of squirrels). That is all.
    It would be cool if this was more of a summon. Play the song and 5 squirrels appear and attack. Does good damage and maybe a snare or something?

Rift Disciple

If I understand this right, here's what the Bard is loosing -

Motif of Encouragement
    25 Energy
    Instant
    Plays a Motif that encourages party and raid members, increasing Mana by 10% of the maximum Mana pool, Power by 30 and Energy by 30 over 15 seconds.

While this sounds nice, and is nice, it has only a limiting effect on a encounter. As all it does is increase the size of the Mana, Power, and Energy pool. Once an encounter starts, it's not really worth the time or effert for the Bard to keep this Motif up during the rest of the encounter. As everyone has already used up the extra Mana/Power/Energy during the first few seconds of the encounter the Motif can grant.

I personally, would rather have the root / mezz.
    Last edited by mavik; 01-31-2011 at 07:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast