+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab Charges + Silent Setup + Assassin Stealth?

Default Sab Charges + Silent Setup + Assassin Stealth?

If you have silent setup, does placing charges/traps/etc break stealth? My gut says it would, sadly, but I'm hoping it wouldn't. A stealthed trapper with high CP setup ranged starters would be a lot of fun.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    If you have silent setup, does placing charges/traps/etc break stealth? My gut says it would, sadly, but I'm hoping it wouldn't. A stealthed trapper with high CP setup ranged starters would be a lot of fun.
    havent tried it, but i would say yes it does break stealth. Sabs as it is dont need to get anywhere near someone to timebomb - charge - annhi / detonate (instant kill someone)
    Mainspec - Casual melter - Hardcore PvP rogue
    -- Guild Unstable --
    www.Unstablerift.com

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    Yes. Placing a charge will break stealth, in both PvE and PvP, even with Silent Setup.

yep ,i try that and it dont work ,it get you out of stealth

Rift Disciple

It does get you out of stealth indeed. Silent Setup or not.

On a related note, do charges break Incapacitate?

Quote Originally Posted by CrixusAndricles View Post
    On a related note, do charges break Incapacitate?
    Placing the charge did not break any CC that I was able to test on. Of course detonation did, but they were usually dead or close to it by that point.

I love me some sab.

Soulwalker

Would it be viable to combine Sin/Sabo? You could place your charges then go stunlock and when they get around 2k life you detonate. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z.xGthzoco.xhz is what I'm thinking. This would also help a sabo survive in the couple seconds he's building up since stealth + Shadow shift allows for excellent mobility. Not to mention if charges don't break CC then use incapacitate on them and laugh as they are helpless for 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Fallenreality; 01-31-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenreality View Post
    Would it be viable to combine Sin/Sabo? You could place your charges then go stunlock and when they get around 2k life you detonate. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z.xGthzoco.xhz is what I'm thinking. This would also help a sabo survive in the couple seconds he's building up since stealth + Shadow shift allows for excellent mobility. Not to mention if charges don't break CC then use incapacitate on them and laugh as they are helpless for 30 seconds.
    no cause the charges put you in combat so you cant restealth.here is what you can do.

incapacitate>time bomb>load charges>annihilation bomb>5 point finisher like headshot>blinding powder time bomb>load charges> detonate

serrated blades could screw this up if you have it.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-31-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Soulwalker

go with sab, sin nightblade 34,22,10 at lvl 50
    "edit for link to build" http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0AMbt0boz.V0x
    nightblade for 20 yard range incap ,

sin for loads of damage boosting and perma stealth, stuns, blind,

sab obviously for the boom boom.

though once people start using the pvp trees the setup for all this will be really hard to get off scince we are talking 8,9,10 globals here depending on how you wanna use your traps and bllind and paralyzing strike, as well as timing your annihilation bomb with carpet bombing to keep the stun up,, there are other builds that would be better suited for pvp. if your looking for an i win button this aint it though. atleast for pvp, in pve though this will be very nice aoe and utility for dungeons. on a side note im not sure sab in pvp is really the way to go, you give up a ton of survivability for that 1 in 20 chance you will get the alpha strike, unless camping noobs is your bag.
    Last edited by DAGOOH; 01-31-2011 at 05:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread