Against all odds 50% damage reduction when rooted or stuned
    Guardian phase increaseing hp by 30% armor by 50% magic resistance by 50
    25% less aoe damage pvp tree
    Clease soul removes all magical effects and making u immute for 5 seconds
    PVP trinket skill
    motifs 5% less damage 5% more healing healing motif
    aoe coda heal
    spam cadence for combo points and good aoe heals
    stam increase points 15% and 10% plus the 2 stamina buffs from the point rewards
    2 blinks 1 25 meter and the other 15 meter

very TANK like build with very good and efficent heals
    Last edited by getstaffed; 01-31-2011 at 02:46 PM.

What do you see as your purpose on the battlefield?

You're missing some pretty decent Bard abilities.

Rift Disciple

this build is healer build, simple,
    spam cadence aoe heal and use rift guard evry 30 seconds,

ppl will start to focus you and u can use your defensive buffs to survive it all, while still spamming heals

I assume the point is to buff AND heal. In that order.

Either way, you're missing a pretty significant heal and some decent buffs accessible to a Bard.

Rift Disciple

nope i will try and buff when ever possible but it is primarily a build for keeping everyone alive and keeping myself alive,

buffing when i have spare 2-3 global cooldowns , buffs means nothing if the team is dead cause of lack of heals.

and the buffs would be the 5% healing 5% less damage taken and the healing motif . there the only ones i would try and keep up

and not to mention that significatn heal your talking about is on a 60 second cooldown....
    Last edited by getstaffed; 01-31-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilije View Post
    Either way, you're missing a pretty significant heal and some decent buffs accessible to a Bard.
    What significant heal is this build missing?

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    What significant heal is this build missing?
    the only thing significant i see missing is anthem of glory, at lv26 it was a 277 increase to armor if im remembering correctly

Quote Originally Posted by getstaffed View Post
    nope i will try and buff when ever possible but it is primarily a build for keeping everyone alive and keeping myself alive,

buffing when i have spare 2-3 global cooldowns , buffs means nothing if the team is dead cause of lack of heals.

and the buffs would be the 5% healing 5% less damage taken and the healing motif . there the only ones i would try and keep up

and not to mention that significatn heal your talking about is on a 60 second cooldown....
    All this says to me:

Go cleric.

For the bard your buffs should be primary, heals secondary, loldmg tertiary.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilije View Post
    All this says to me:

Go cleric.

For the bard your buffs should be primary, heals secondary, loldmg tertiary.
    rofl i do have a cleric for heals, i found bard fun to play , and very efficient, no mana (no downtime)
    i can keep groups healed with ease

unfortunately i think bard is going to be one of those unappreciated classes that no one realizes does anything until they lose him... the way the buffs are simply always up on a good bard, and the way the heals just flow, the benefit they bring the group would be masked, but believe me on how awesome they are to have in your group

I like the build on the whole. It is a little similar to something I was doing.

I will agree with some of the others that you are lacking a couple of Bard skills that are really great for support.

You don't have Riff which is a great 1-min CD ability to get 5 CP. You can use this to setup the killing blow or pop a heal in a crunch. I would consider it essential for PvP support. The healing ability you're missing is more personal preference really. You have to put 44 points in Bard to get Verse of Vitality which does about the same healing as a 5 CP Coda of Restoration.

It looks like you are definitely leaning toward the more defensive/survival side of playing a Bard so good luck with that.

As a comparison for you I will link the build I'll be going with.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qVkskqz.x.Vhxh

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rich1051414 View Post
    unfortunately i think bard is going to be one of those unappreciated classes that no one realizes does anything until they lose him... the way the buffs are simply always up on a good bard, and the way the heals just flow, the benefit they bring the group would be masked, but believe me on how awesome they are to have in your group
    especially when a good bard " ie: me" outheals every cleric and we dont lose a warfront then i go dps spec and we start losing then i go back to bard and we win, i think that proves points

also when 4 ppl are hitting on me and seeing my health not drop they give up after 30 seconds and go to the next target lol, but its funny watching that 1 person who just stays on u like 4 minutes and im telling everyone on vent to watch this guy hitting on me see how long until he gives up lol and he was on me for the entire game lol was hilarious

+ Reply to Thread