+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 158
Like Tree23Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Psa

  1. #76
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Pyro, inq and tempest don't exactly lack mobility, when played correctly they hardly even suffer from it in normal boss fights. So if MM were to have next to no mobility then it would have to be higher dps than those. I don't think that would be a good idea so I'd rather see it as on par with their dps which means just giving it a bit more cast time stuff to do.

  2. #77
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Pyro, inq and tempest don't exactly lack mobility, when played correctly they hardly even suffer from it in normal boss fights. So if MM were to have next to no mobility then it would have to be higher dps than those. I don't think that would be a good idea so I'd rather see it as on par with their dps which means just giving it a bit more cast time stuff to do.
    We need to get rid of useless and situational passives like hasty departure or barbed shot which are just outdated crap. Im also hoping that after rework we'll get 12 points purge like Clerics have.

    Also i'd like to point that Inq Fanaticism last 30s which gives good opportunity for pre-loading before fight starts and getting some bonus dps. I hope that new Bull's eye will also last that long.

    Rogues in general have lot's of weak and nearly useless passives / active abilities compared to Clerics.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  3. #78
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    We need to get rid of useless and situational passives like hasty departure or barbed shot which are just outdated crap. Im also hoping that after rework we'll get 12 points purge like Clerics have.

    Also i'd like to point that Inq Fanaticism last 30s which gives good opportunity for pre-loading before fight starts and getting some bonus dps. I hope that new Bull's eye will also last that long.

    Rogues in general have lot's of weak and nearly useless passives / active abilities compared to Clerics.
    Yeah, INQ is very easy to play, mobile, and does ridiculous burst from range. I only have a few warfronts under my belt with my level 61 inq. Still wearing warlord gear and learning the spec, I'm blowing people up.
    http://i.imgur.com/5rEAjTc.jpg

    When I still see clerics like Caeus cry about warriors and rogues, it makes me realize how bad of a player he is. He has nothing to cry about now that he's playing the FotM.

  4. #79
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Now that Vladd is back I wonder if there are any more changes to Marksman?
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  5. #80
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Or some words about the intention of the changes?

    I think its part of the job as class lead to talk to us. To give us some informations about the changes. I dont need an answer to all of my questions but the changes stand on its own. I need to know something about the vision behinde MM... if there is one.

  6. #81
    Plane Walker Alastair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    429

    Default

    keep current rotation, buff damage, nerf mobility.

  7. #82
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    keep current rotation, buff damage, nerf mobility, remove/replace decoy
    Fixed
    /10char

  8. #83
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Can new MM get something like False Response? instead of Fan Out, i'd help with soloing on various spec without causing any issues in pvp.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #84
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
    Or some words about the intention of the changes?

    I think its part of the job as class lead to talk to us. To give us some informations about the changes. I dont need an answer to all of my questions but the changes stand on its own. I need to know something about the vision behinde MM... if there is one.
    Sorry, since I had to leave quickly and have been slammed since I got back in the office, I haven't really had a chance to communicate about these changes as in why they are happening and what the goals are. They should have been up on PTS for awhile but here are the changes for those that haven't seen them yet:

    Bull's Eye: Increases critical hit chance by 25% for 5 seconds.
    Sentry Battery: Now a 3s ST channel w/ CD.
    Hasty Departure: Causes On the Double to apply an absorb shield.
    Deaden: Now a debilitate ability. Not an interrupt then debilitate.
    Lightning Fury: Now adds 1 combo point.

    The goals of these changes (and those that follow) are to bring Marksman up to par with the other ranged souls like Pyro, Tempest and Inquisitor. This needs to be done before the Ranger changes happen because I'd like to shift Ranger away from being THE ranged soul for Rogues to Marksman and make Ranger more of a Solo/Support soul. In taking these steps, Rogues will no longer be tied to a pet for their damage in competitive situations nor will they have the drawbacks associated with raid mobs and pets such as random pet death, pathing, etc.

    Also, just to confirm... yes, Decoy is going away. I've never liked the ability since it wasn't a true decoy where it took on your appearance or changed those targeting you to it. Tons of ideas have been tossed around to replace it and I think I've got one that I like but don't hesitate to toss in your ideas.

    So, TL;DR version: Marksman are getting buffed to be on par with Pyro, Tempest, and Inquisitor. These are the first steps in that direction, more will be required.

  10. #85
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Fair enough. As long as we have something that can measure up to the other callings ranged DPS builds that's fine.

    Though I'm not sure about changing Ranger into a Support soul. I mean we already have Bard for that so you'd have to avoid any overlap with that soul AND not have anything in there that makes Ranger absolutely, positively essential for a raid (in the sense that no other calling would have any kind of analogue to it).

    Plus Tactician's technically a Support too in the sense that it tries to be a bit of everything... and that soul still has long term problems stemming from it not knowing what the heck it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by Kedon; 01-08-2015 at 04:28 PM.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #86
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Support might have been an incorrect word to use. It is still a DPS soul. Dedicated support souls will still trump anything that the Ranger could do. It'll just be a very friendly solo soul.

  12. #87
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    When can rogues expect the changes to MM. Hopefully, it wont take the same amount of time it took to make reaver live.

    Also, any chance of eradicate being moved further down the soul tree, so it's easier to spec into a purge?

  13. #88
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The goals of these changes (and those that follow) are to bring Marksman up to par with the other ranged souls like Pyro, Tempest and Inquisitor. This needs to be done before the Ranger changes happen because I'd like to shift Ranger away from being THE ranged soul for Rogues to Marksman and make Ranger more of a Solo/Support soul.

    So, TL;DR version: Marksman are getting buffed to be on par with Pyro, Tempest, and Inquisitor. These are the first steps in that direction, more will be required.
    And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having 1 bow and no pet, and upon his head a crown, and upon his crown the name of Marksman.

    And they worshipped the dev which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

    And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against Inquisitor, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in competitive DPS.

    And it was given unto him to make war with the Mages, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

    And all that dwell upon Telara shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the planes.

    If any man have an ear, let him hear.

    ~The Book of Vladd, Chapter 13

    Jokes aside, I am very pleased to see Ranger and his Raptor go the way of the dinosaur.

  14. #89
    Rift Disciple Aksinan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    196

    Default Awesome Vladd!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Support might have been an incorrect word to use. It is still a DPS soul. Dedicated support souls will still trump anything that the Ranger could do. It'll just be a very friendly solo soul.
    I am absolutly thrilled with the idea off the marksman changes! Well needed and good I must say I am a bit in wonder why you are making ranger into a solo soul? I mean we only have 2 ranged builds. Why not keep it as a dps so that people can swap abit back and forth if they only play ranged rogue?

    Ps. If you are remaking something into a solo build it should be tact :P atleast then it would be usefull! Just please dont destroy PhysTact :P

  15. #90
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Sorry, since I had to leave quickly and have been slammed since I got back in the office, I haven't really had a chance to communicate about these changes as in why they are happening and what the goals are. They should have been up on PTS for awhile but here are the changes for those that haven't seen them yet:

    Bull's Eye: Increases critical hit chance by 25% for 5 seconds.
    Sentry Battery: Now a 3s ST channel w/ CD.
    Hasty Departure: Causes On the Double to apply an absorb shield.
    Deaden: Now a debilitate ability. Not an interrupt then debilitate.
    Lightning Fury: Now adds 1 combo point.

    The goals of these changes (and those that follow) are to bring Marksman up to par with the other ranged souls like Pyro, Tempest and Inquisitor. This needs to be done before the Ranger changes happen because I'd like to shift Ranger away from being THE ranged soul for Rogues to Marksman and make Ranger more of a Solo/Support soul. In taking these steps, Rogues will no longer be tied to a pet for their damage in competitive situations nor will they have the drawbacks associated with raid mobs and pets such as random pet death, pathing, etc.

    Also, just to confirm... yes, Decoy is going away. I've never liked the ability since it wasn't a true decoy where it took on your appearance or changed those targeting you to it. Tons of ideas have been tossed around to replace it and I think I've got one that I like but don't hesitate to toss in your ideas.

    So, TL;DR version: Marksman are getting buffed to be on par with Pyro, Tempest, and Inquisitor. These are the first steps in that direction, more will be required.
    Could you look at making Keen Eye 2% increase per rank instead of the current 1%? Compared to Pyro & Inq, MM will still be quite weak until level 51 when Silver Tip Munitions opens up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts