+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Caldorian

Thread: Sab Question

Soulwalker

Default Sab Question

I am new at Sab, so this might be a stupid question. Does weapon damage affect our abilities or is it just the stats on the weapon?
    I am only lvl 20 atm and my spec is Sab/RS/Tact as I solo quest.

Rift Master

Yes, it does, but it depends on the ability which weapon damage gets used, and which are only used for stats.

MM, Ranger, Sab, Physician, Bard, and Tactician use your Ranged Weapon Damage as their modifier.

Assassin, Nightblade, & Riftstalker use your main hand only.

Bladedancer uses either your main hand or your off hand, depending on which Bladedancer skill is used. Since most of the bladedancers damage comes from off hand attacks, put the weapon with the higher weapon damage in the off-hand slot.
    Last edited by Caldorian; 12-05-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks from a Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Yes, it does, but it depends on the ability which weapon damage gets used, and which are only used for stats.

MM, Ranger, Sab, Physician, Bard, and Tactician use your Ranged Weapon Damage as their modifier.

Assassin, Nightblade, & Riftstalker use your main hand only.

Bladedancer uses either your main hand or your off hand, depending on which Bladedancer skill is used. Since most of the bladedancers damage comes from off hand attacks, put the weapon with the higher weapon damage in the off-hand slot.
    Thank you muchly for the reply. I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread