+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to 1 shot anyone at lvl 30 secrets revealed for doubters.

Ascendant

Default How to 1 shot anyone at lvl 30 secrets revealed for doubters.

Here is how you 1 shot people at level 30.

Charge boost anihilation bomb is the key here this is how you do it. With charge booster the first application of each charge places 2 of that charge and annihilation bomb doesnt remove combo points.

Time Bomb
    Blast Charge (2)
    Spike charge(2)
    Blast Charge(1)
    Blast Charge(1)
    Blast Charge (1)
    Annihilation bomb

So here we have time bomb 7 charges and annihilation bomb all hitting at the same time and i still have 5 combo points so i use a 5 point deadeye shot. All of this hits withing 1.5 seconds which basically means you got 1 shot. With a couple crits this would 1 shot any archtype with 0 crits its enough to 1 shot mages and rogues.

You can do this at 30.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-31-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Removed rude/baiting comment

Rift Chaser

FYI: I've consistently been 1-shotted by Sabbys in the game. Mark my words, it will get toned down before final.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 01-30-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

Does the sabs bombs or whatever they are count as debuffs?

There's already an active thread on this

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ed-1-Shot-Easy

another wasn't needed.

Djevik

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hammon View Post
    Does the sabs bombs or whatever they are count as debuffs?
    yes they can be dispelled. but in a group setting with dozens of debuffs being thrown around dispelling them is blind luck. not to mention you arent healing if you are dispelling.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

It better be toned down. Getting 1-shotted (by an equal level) is pretty inexcusable, IMO. If a Mage can't do it, if a Warrior can't do it, if a Cleric can't do it, why let a Rogue do it? Glass cannons my *****, they can rotate through this combo every 5 seconds or so, and from a safe distance.
    I've seen Warfronts in Beta-5 quickly dissolve into "who can shoot the most arrows while kiting" contests. Not a ton of variety, I'd say. Looking at things, variety is what Trion was hoping for.
    Whatsmore, claiming "it all changes later in the levels so don't worry" is little to no solace to the people who still PvP at a lower level, which they have the right to do and are encouraged by the game to try to do.
    It's the sort of thing that needs to be balanced before it hits Retail, by which time it'd be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Djevik View Post

another wasn't needed.

Djevik
    No what he posted wont even work cause 2 sabs cant place charges on the same target. Im explaining exactly how 1 sab can 1 shot anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Djevik View Post

another wasn't needed.

Djevik
    And you chiming in to enlighten the OP on this was needed? Are you on the clock to moderate these forums?

Seeing the same old rehashed threads does indeed get old and clog up the forums but you know what I do? Just ignore them if they are that much of a nuisance to me.

I know, I know, what a concept ehh?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    It better be toned down. Getting 1-shotted (by an equal level) is pretty inexcusable, IMO. If a Mage can't do it, if a Warrior can't do it, if a Cleric can't do it, why let a Rogue do it? Glass cannons my *****, they can rotate through this combo every 5 seconds or so, and from a safe distance.
    I've seen Warfronts in Beta-5 quickly dissolve into "who can shoot the most arrows while kiting" contests. Not a ton of variety, I'd say. Looking at things, variety is what Trion was hoping for.
    Whatsmore, claiming "it all changes later in the levels so don't worry" is little to no solace to the people who still PvP at a lower level, which they have the right to do and are encouraged by the game to try to do.
    It's the sort of thing that needs to be balanced before it hits Retail, by which time it'd be nerfed.
    What i described can be done every 30 seconds and it is guaranteed. placing the 10 charges(charge booster) with detonate and time bomb can still 1 shot but requires charges and detonate to crit.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-30-2011 at 10:18 AM.

you do realize you can only attach 5 charges at once, not 10.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gramis View Post
    you do realize you can only attach 5 charges at once, not 10.
    You can only attach 5 of the same charges. WIth charge boost you can place 2 of 5 different charges in 5 gcds=10 charges in 5 button presses. Most sabs would just go around spamming 5 blast charges and detonating that is not how you do it.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-30-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

first clerics are op then sabs.. now we will see 1000 newb sabs in all the starting areas running around blowing each other up

Quote Originally Posted by vaalix View Post
    first clerics are op then sabs.. now we will see 1000 newb sabs in all the starting areas running around blowing each other up
    You forgot the mighty Void Knights.

lol

Djevik

Ascendant

trust me , other imbalance on any other class has does not compare to this.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.

The game is new so ofc theres going to be things that are imbalanced and just not right but i hold out hope that Trion deals with the balancing issues promptly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast