+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rogue FAQ! If you have short questions, post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkz View Post
    Edited : Side question : spells = things that can be interrupted? and Block is for Normal attack? For example boulder from 2nd boss IGP is affected by none of this?
    Generally speaking, almost nothing that PvE bosses do is considered a spell. An ability has to be specifically tagged as such by the designers, and as far as I'm aware they haven't really marked much of anything as a spell since vanilla (which is good, because the tanks not well balanced when it comes to spell damage).

Blocking is also somewhat arbitrary. You'll usually be able to block whatever the boss's autoattacks happen to be (although there are exceptions), but some mechanics are also sometimes tagged as blockable. There's no hard and fast rule, you just have to check each mechanic individually. But since Block is so godawful, it's generally not worth the trouble.

Soulwalker

Default Jagged strike crit rate

I have only a short question:
    Is it normal, that jagged strike have such an big crit rate at the last time?
    It have a crit rate round about 90% - 95% at raid.
    That isn't bad, but if i look on the other skills, i'm a little bit confused
    Did someone of you know something about that?
    Devonx @ Brutwacht
    Devonxia @ Brutwacht

Rift Disciple

Jagged strike has the highest critchance of all rogue abilities due to the stacking of passive from the assassin tree it gets a bonus from being a from stealth ability along with a few others (I forgot which ones and I'm not online to look at it atm.) I know for most rogues that dps with Assasin and the hybrids that use jagged strike will after getting CP soft cap start stacking physical crit to get jagged to a 100% crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    Jagged strike has the highest critchance of all rogue abilities due to the stacking of passive from the assassin tree it gets a bonus from being a from stealth ability along with a few others (I forgot which ones and I'm not online to look at it atm.) I know for most rogues that dps with Assasin and the hybrids that use jagged strike will after getting CP soft cap start stacking physical crit to get jagged to a 100% crit chance.
    Wh.. what?

No, you dont stack Physical Crit. You never stack physical crit. Please don't tell people to do that..

I have only a short question:
    Is it normal, that jagged strike have such an big crit rate at the last time?
    It have a crit rate round about 90% - 95% at raid.
    That isn't bad, but if i look on the other skills, i'm a little bit confused
    Did someone of you know something about that?
    What exactly are you confused about? Other abilities having a lower crit rate than others? Abilities from stealth have a 50% increased critical hit chance from Advanced Flanking, which is why Jagged Strike crit rate is so high, other abilities derive from your Physical Crit, which is why non-stealth abilities dont crit as often as stealth abilities.

Backstab will also be higher as its increased by 10% critical hit chance, also from Advanced Flanking
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-17-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Rift Disciple

Ummm for Any build that uses jagged strike stacking a bit of physical crit (t3 stand point) to get jagged to 100% crit chance is a dps boost. I don't mean go ridiculous with it but one or two pieces that have high physical crit is worth it. As long as you have CP soft cap ~40% cp, With the stats from T3 gear it's not hard to find that happy medium.
    Last edited by Anmoa; 08-17-2016 at 05:00 PM.

You gain Phys Crit from Dexterity, you're better off getting to CP cap then stacking AP rather than going straight for Phys Crit.

And even if you're talking from a T3 stand point, your Dex will be insanely high if you're t3 geared, so you will already have high Physical Crit, not including the 50% increased crit chance you get which will make it easy into the high 90% of crit chance. Even then, Jagged Strike isnt your top damaging skill, whilst it's great that it crits a lot, it equates to like 8% of your total damage (roughly, i cant parse till im home but its around that mark depending what sin spec you use) so its not like its a must have to make it crit 100% of the time, whereas Attack Power increases the damage of ALL your attacks, including Jagged Strike.
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-17-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Soulwalker

Ok i forget the crit bonus from Advanced Flanking. Im should begin to read the text in the skilltree
    Devonx @ Brutwacht
    Devonxia @ Brutwacht

In t3 gear its common to get some phys crit because 1: phys crit on t3 pieces is high and can outweight the ap alternative and 2: to hit the 100% crit chance on jagged. Good to have on assdancer.
    Last edited by Nasacrim; 08-18-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Champion

Default Question about Rogue Self-Buffs

Thank you for the FAQs, very helpful

I'm running a Ranger 61 using a bow or gun (with a few points in Assassin and Inq.)

I'm finally high enough up into the abilities to get the 3 self-buffs, and I have a question about them.

1. Predatory Instincts. Increases the rogue and pet's Attack Power and weapon damage by 4%.

2. Ravenous Instincts. Increases the rogue and pet's Critical Hit damage and healing by 10% and their Critical Hit Chance by 5%.

3. Feral Instincts. Increases both the rogue and their pet's damage by 5% and reduces the damage they take by 5%.

However, you can only have one active at the time.

I play mainly solo, and also run dungeons (and raids, eventually) solo. Which of the 3 is the best for me?

I'm leaning toward Feral Instincts because of the damage reduction, but am not sure.

Thank you.

Use Feral and Ravenous.

However, you should be aware if you want a solo build, Ranger isn't that great of a choice, and it underperforms compared to other options. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, but I still wouldn't recommend it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Use Feral and Ravenous.

However, you should be aware if you want a solo build, Ranger isn't that great of a choice, and it underperforms compared to other options. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, but I still wouldn't recommend it.
    What buils do u suggest for solo at 65?

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessPain View Post
    What buils do u suggest for solo at 65?
    I find that Bladestalker is still the best choice, offering a healthy mix of AoE DPS, ST DPS, and survivability/sustain, which means that you can pull multiple enemies and AoE them down while still coming out of the pull at high/max health, but it doesn't take forever to kill individual enemies, either.

You can find a guide for it in my signature.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I find that Bladestalker is still the best choice, offering a healthy mix of AoE DPS, ST DPS, and survivability/sustain, which means that you can pull multiple enemies and AoE them down while still coming out of the pull at high/max health, but it doesn't take forever to kill individual enemies, either.

You can find a guide for it in my signature.
    Thank you for the reply.

Since you can only have one active, which is better. Ravenous or Feral.

Also, isn't Bladestalker a melee build? I realize 61 Ranger isn't probably the highest dps, but I like running a ranged build with a pet tanking for me. I don't do well with melee.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

Since you can only have one active, which is better. Ravenous or Feral.

Also, isn't Bladestalker a melee build? I realize 61 Ranger isn't probably the highest dps, but I like running a ranged build with a pet tanking for me. I don't do well with melee.

Thanks.
    If you're using 61 ranger you can use both, and if you go ranger/sab it is the highest for ranged :3
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-21-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

"You only outhealed me because you had more people to heal" ~ Funkadelicc@deepwood
    09:20 Gelb@Deepwood: 54233HPS | Nixia 15381 | Funka 8407 |

i dont have nothing hate with rogue becouse i play rogue but trion hate rogue anhd decrease most of good time on skills and less dmg so i have to say from 4 years rogue became noob class, then other class have good dmg and defence but rogue was start good in sp then trion put down again him so i have to play another class now that no give me stress and if trion change something good to rogue i will be play back just balance dmg class want be =

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8