+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rogue FAQ! If you have short questions, post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by BowTox View Post
    the percentage or the number? the number i don't really remember but the percentage i think around 27-30 shards are down atm, so i cant tell really
    In a one minute parse, you'll use Twin Shot around a dozen times. Since it hits twice, that's 24 hits.

With a 27% crit rate, the odds of not getting any crits is ((1 - .27)^24) = .05% . That's very low, but it's not so low that it's statistically impossible, so having it happen once doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong, it just means that you got unlucky.

Now, if you're consistently getting a 0% crit rate on longer parses, then something might be up.

sorry it was wrong i just checked now and crit rate is at 34% and got around 2400phscrit
    i just did another 2min parse and got crit rate of 29% on my twin shot, i would upload a screen shot but for some reason when i take a screen shot in the game it uploads blank, i Don;t know why

29% is well within ordinary RNG variance for a crit rate of 34%.

Updated the FAQ to note that non-physical attacks will proc greaters/trinkets that say that they proc from physical attacks.

=.....There are four basic stacking groups: passive, buff-based, debuff-based, and encounter-specific. Each group is additive within itself and multiplicative with the other groups.
    Where does Raid buffs fall?

Always thought:
    (Passive buffs)x(buff-base)x(debuff-base)x(encounter-Specific)x(RAID buffs?)

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    Where does Raid buffs fall?

Always thought:
    (Passive buffs)x(buff-base)x(debuff-base)x(encounter-Specific)x(RAID buffs?)
    As far as I'm aware, raid buffs are on the buff stack, not their own stack, with the exception of Motif of Tenacity.

This might be an old link but maybe i misunderstood it or it's outdated

for example for 61 marksman:

(Gifts+single Minded focus)x(Predatory Instincts+Static Shock Munition)x(Silver Tip Munition)x(Encounter-specific)x(Orchestra+Flaring)

I'm just trying to break this all down....
    Last edited by snipebad; 08-17-2014 at 11:50 AM.

This might be an old link but maybe i misunderstood it or it's outdated

for example for 61 marksman:

(Gifts+single Minded focus)x(Predatory Instincts+Static Shock Munition)x(Silver Tip Munition)x(Encounter-specific)x(Orchestra+Flaring)

I'm just trying to break this all down....
    Also another question i would have would Bleeds fall under Debuffs? example Barbed Shot

Also another question i would have would Bleeds fall under Debuffs? example Barbed Shot
    Barbed isnt a debuff, its dmg is calculated on hit.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Barbed isnt a debuff, its dmg is calculated on hit.
    Thanks..

also.. i think i made a mistake on top I'm pretty sure Predatory instincts shouldn't be in there :P
    Last edited by snipebad; 08-17-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Hm, okay, never mind. I've never bothered to test whether or not raid buffs/debuffs are on their own stack, because it's such a ridiculously tiny difference anyways aside from Motif of Tenacity.

Can anyone give me a good soul combination for leveling a rogue from 23-50 i just came back from a long long waiting time. Macros would be awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SHJordan View Post
    Can anyone give me a good soul combination for leveling a rogue from 23-50 i just came back from a long long waiting time. Macros would be awesome as well.
    The foundation for any rogue soloing spec is 4 points in Tactician for Curative Engine, 8 points in Riftstalker for Boosted Recovery, and then start putting points into a DPS soul.

At low levels, Nightblade is the best choice to go with those souls. At level 50 and above, Bladedancer pulls ahead by a significant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The foundation for any rogue soloing spec is 4 points in Tactician for Curative Engine, 8 points in Riftstalker for Boosted Recovery, and then start putting points into a DPS soul.

At low levels, Nightblade is the best choice to go with those souls. At level 50 and above, Bladedancer pulls ahead by a significant amount.
    Thank you, what about macros?

Soulwalker

Default rogue enegry

hi does anyone know if there are ways to improve enegry reg?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast