+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rogue FAQ! If you have short questions, post them here.

Love the thread Muspel. I wonder if its worth adding things like which stat to prioritise by build (just the main ones) and soft / hard caps for things like CP etc.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    I wonder if its worth adding things like which stat to prioritise by build (just the main ones)
    Part of the issue with this is that nobody has done the math for exact weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    and soft / hard caps for things like CP etc.
    Good idea. I'll edit that in.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-03-2014 at 08:51 AM.

i play all specs in pvp and i have multiple choices of gear now with pvp box gear , so im planning to make 2 sets for ap and cp , whats the stat that recomnded to what spec ?

another question also , how do i know the physical attacks from non-physical in rogue souls?

Thnks
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    i play all specs in pvp and i have multiple choices of gear now with pvp box gear , so im planning to make 2 sets for ap and cp , whats the stat that recomnded to what spec ?
    For PvP, there's not necessarily a hard-and-fast recommendation for any given spec, because unlike PvE, it's not really about overall DPS output. It's about burst. And the two stats do different things to burst.

AP will give you consistent output. This means that your ability to burst people down is not as reliant on RNG.

By contrast, Crit Power means that when you get crits, you burst harder. So it can allow you do more burst than AP, but if you get unlucky and don't crit at the right time, then you're worse off.

The exception to this, of course, is Physician. Like pretty much any healing spec, it doesn't care for RNG much, meaning that you'll go for AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    another question also , how do i know the physical attacks from non-physical in rogue souls?
    Non-physical attacks will say that they do a certain elemental type of damage on their tooltip (IE how Twilight Force says it does Death damage). If an ability does not mention a damage type, then it does physical damage.

The combat log will also mention damage types. Some addons and tools, such as Rift Meter and ACT, will take this info and present it in a more readable format compared to trying to read the combat log mid-fight.

I question I get all the time from guildies; Does "On Guard" count towards your Deflect cap? it's that +5% you see next to your stats under deflect.
    Last edited by snipebad; 06-05-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    I question I get all the time from guildies; Does "On Guard" count towards your Deflect cap? it's that +5% you see next to your stats under deflect.
    This is answered in the last question of the FAQ, which I added yesterday.

(The answer is no. It does not count towards the cap.)

Eas
    Telaran

Great idea starting this thread Muspel, now I can stop sending you private messages haha

I have a question about damage calculation, more specificly damage calculation of cast time attacks with temporary buffs. Let's say for example I play MM. I build up 5 combo points proccing Increased Fire Power in the process. I start casting Deadeye Shot, but while casting the Increased Fire Power buff wears off. Does my Deadeye Shot get the buff cause it was there while I started casting, or not cause it wasn't there at the finish of the cast?
    Same for the different dances in the Bladedancer soul and Dancing Steel/Hundred Blades. I pressume with those 2 damage is calculated per tick?
    Shadowfire from ranger and Splinter Shot is another one. Does it calculate damage per tick?

Thx in advance.
    United we stand, divided we fall, all as one!

Quote Originally Posted by Eas View Post
    Great idea starting this thread Muspel, now I can stop sending you private messages haha

I have a question about damage calculation, more specificly damage calculation of cast time attacks with temporary buffs. Let's say for example I play MM. I build up 5 combo points proccing Increased Fire Power in the process. I start casting Deadeye Shot, but while casting the Increased Fire Power buff wears off. Does my Deadeye Shot get the buff cause it was there while I started casting, or not cause it wasn't there at the finish of the cast?
    It does not get the benefit. Cast times are resolved at the end of the cast.
    Same for the different dances in the Bladedancer soul and Dancing Steel/Hundred Blades. I pressume with those 2 damage is calculated per tick?
    No. The effect of channels are determined based on what buffs are active at the start of the channel. For instance, if you start using Hundred Blades with 1 second left on Blade and Soul Parity, the entire channel will benefit from it.

Shadowfire from ranger and Splinter Shot is another one. Does it calculate damage per tick?
    Not sure what Shadow Fire has to do with this, as it's an instant cast, instant damage ability.

Splinter Shot does not recalculate damage per tick. It's based on which effects are active when you cast it.

Eas
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It does not get the benefit. Cast times are resolved at the end of the cast.

No. The effect of channels are determined based on what buffs are active at the start of the channel. For instance, if you start using Hundred Blades with 1 second left on Blade and Soul Parity, the entire channel will benefit from it.

Not sure what Shadow Fire has to do with this, as it's an instant cast, instant damage ability.

Splinter Shot does not recalculate damage per tick. It's based on which effects are active when you cast it.
    Oh nice, so it might be benificial to start Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel late in the dance.

Was talking about the damage increase from Shadow Fire and when Splinter Shot is cast time. I assume you answered it with the Deadeye Shot example.

Thx Muspel.
    United we stand, divided we fall, all as one!

Oh nice, so it might be benificial to start Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel late in the dance.
    Well... yes and no.

You actually clip one of them onto the end of Fated Blades as part of the single-target rotation (since FB Hundred Blades is better ST DPS than 5 seconds of Double Coup builders, which it replaces).

But for AoE, you're probably not going to be able to sync add phases to your dance expirations that precisely. It's a nice bonus when things line up, though.

Was talking about the damage increase from Shadow Fire and when Splinter Shot is cast time. I assume you answered it with the Deadeye Shot example.
    Oh, right, I forget that those even have cast times, because 61 Ranger has the talent that makes them instant cast.

Soulwalker

Great thread! Has helped me a ton with random questions I've had about rogues.

One new question for you, I recently bought the new soul pack and trying out the new physician soul. The one thing I am confused about is what type of stat (if any) helps increase healing/absorb done? I know Dex increases dps but it does not specify that it helps healing as well. Just curious if you knew so I could start focusing on getting armor/gear that has higher stat bonuses in whatever would help me heal more? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros089 View Post
    Great thread! Has helped me a ton with random questions I've had about rogues.

One new question for you, I recently bought the new soul pack and trying out the new physician soul. The one thing I am confused about is what type of stat (if any) helps increase healing/absorb done? I know Dex increases dps but it does not specify that it helps healing as well. Just curious if you knew so I could start focusing on getting armor/gear that has higher stat bonuses in whatever would help me heal more? Thanks!
    Dexterity doesn't actually increase DPS directly. What it does is increase your attack power and Physical Crit, both of which will benefit healing abilities as well as damaging abilities.

(Technically, there are some abilities that cannot crit and thus won't benefit from Physical Crit, such as Emergency Response, but those are the exception rather than the rule.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-12-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Default new bow!

so like three days ago i got the T2 bow from the store, which was a surprise for me cuz i don't really buy stuff of the store but my friend sent it to me. but before that i was doing about 20-21k DPS self buffed in the bleeding sky(my old bow) and my twin shot was doing about 41-40% and had a good crit rate around 38-40% but with this new t2 bow i can only bull 21-21.5k same rotation but i realized something my twin shot is only doing about 32-35% of my total DPS and the crit rate is sooooo low i did a 2 min parse and got a crit rate of about 12%... for some reason that new bow is making me crit wayy less, so i got a crit bottle and used it and my crit on my twin shot went up by 5%, now the crit on other stuff like ace shot and quick shot went up more then befoe but for some reandom reason twin shot wont crit for me, yesterday i did an expert and got 0% crit rate on twin shot the parse was about 55-60 sec long. what can u do to solve this please help. this might be stupid but i thought is it because the weapon is not relic its not criting but i mean it cant be that right?

What is your crit chance listed as on your character sheet?

Default crit rate

the percentage or the number? the number i don't really remember but the percentage i think around 27-30 shards are down atm, so i cant tell really

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast