+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Physician builds

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default Physician builds

    Thinking 61 Physicain, 8 Bard, 7 Riftstalker is the best to go for right now.

    Using Cadence then Medicinal Leeching and Surgical Strike, then a finisher.
    You target the enemy and use the macros provided to help heal with.

    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-17-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Thinking 61 Physicain, 8 Bard, 7 Riftstalker is the best to go for right now.
    5nb/10rs, anything else is sub par. And cadence is pointless for a 61 phy spec.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Are the +healing% mods applied before or after ap and wep dps contributions to healing?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  4. #4
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Where are you guys getting all the skill lists etc? did I miss an update :>

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Are the +healing% mods applied before or after ap and wep dps contributions to healing?
    they are multiplicative so order doesn't matter.

  6. #6
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Where are you guys getting all the skill lists etc? did I miss an update :>
    click the link

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448

    Default

    I was about to go do some testing myself. So, my questions are just from looking at it from "outside":

    Why not place all 15 of the extra points into bard? You'd get Street Smart 5 (5% extra healing and dmg), plus bonuses of the points in bard, and you'd get Anthem of Competence to boot. Is the endurance stats/boost from RS really worth the tradeoff?

    What's the benefit of RS or NB to the physician build?

    Anyway, even if you do or don't use cadence, looks like that having 15 points in bard would just be more heals overall. ....or, what am I missing?

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple superhbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    124

    Default

    10 Marks / 5 RS for max AP / WD.

    Physician has Medicinal Leeching, Pandemic, and Alternative Treatment for fluff group healing, and Urgent Care for Healing Breath 3-target heal analogue (albeit with a 2 second higher CD).
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

  9. #9
    Ascendant Crithappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superhbman View Post
    10 Marks / 5 RS for max AP / WD.

    Physician has Medicinal Leeching, Pandemic, and Alternative Treatment for fluff group healing, and Urgent Care for Healing Breath 3-target heal analogue (albeit with a 2 second higher CD).
    I tested this and confirmed two things (10MM 5 RS was actually my very first thought):

    1) Keen Eye does not affect Physician heals
    2) Physician heals cannot proc Increased Fire Power

    Therefore, the healing output of a 10MM / 5 RS subspec is less than that of 10 RS / 5 NB
    Last edited by Crithappens; 03-17-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Therefore, the healing output of a 10MM / 5 RS subspec is less than that of 10 RS / 5 NB
    Can you post a link to the 10 RS/5 NB build you're using?

    Also, can you look at my previous question? I'm just curious how anything beats the innate bonuses you get from 15 bard (not to mention the really nice buffs).

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Can you post a link to the 10 RS/5 NB build you're using?

    Also, can you look at my previous question? I'm just curious how anything beats the innate bonuses you get from 15 bard (not to mention the really nice buffs).
    If I'm understanding the equation correctly, both the healing mods and the ap/wep mod are applied on the same step. That means that you would either be getting +7.5% and +5% healing or +10% and +10% ap/wep mod. Unless the ap/wep coefficient is extremely small, the ap/wep would be much better.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  12. #12
    Ascendant Crithappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Can you post a link to the 10 RS/5 NB build you're using?

    Also, can you look at my previous question? I'm just curious how anything beats the innate bonuses you get from 15 bard (not to mention the really nice buffs).
    1) http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/p...XkGlayGEFkg/wg

    2) The buffs that you'd gain from going 15 bard would all be overwritten in a raid.

    3) 15 Bard gives you a passive heal bonus of (15*.75)+5 = 16.25%. However, 61 Physician already gives you a 61% bonus to this, and they are additive. So your heal multiplier goes from 1.61 (It's actually higher than this thanks to things like Antiseptic) to 1.7725, which is actually only a gain of a little over 10%. Given that the actual numbers are higher than this (Adding Antiseptic alone brings us to 1.66 and 1.8225, or a gain of a little under 10%) Put simply, the gain to healing isn't as much as you'd think.

    4) You can test this yourself by simply looking at how the tooltip values on Active Treatment (or any other ability for that matter) change. 10 RS / 5 NB yields higher tooltip values than 15 Bard / 0 RS.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple superhbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    I tested this and confirmed two things (10MM 5 RS was actually my very first thought):

    1) Keen Eye does not affect Physician heals
    2) Physician heals cannot proc Increased Fire Power

    Therefore, the healing output of a 10MM / 5 RS subspec is less than that of 10 RS / 5 NB
    Ah, okay. Looks like 10 RS / 5 NB it is then. Looking forward to the new souls going live.
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Thanks for that information!

    My next question: Do you all think that the aforementioned build (10 RS/ 5 NB) would probably be the best also for pvp physician? (Even if you're not a pvp player, perhaps you could speculate?)

  15. #15
    Ascendant Crithappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Thanks for that information!

    My next question: Do you all think that the aforementioned build (10 RS/ 5 NB) would probably be the best also for pvp physician? (Even if you're not a pvp player, perhaps you could speculate?)
    I'd move 3 points away from Great Fortitude and into Boosted Recovery.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts