+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Soul Feedback - Physician

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default New Soul Feedback - Physician

The intention of this thread is act as a center for constructive feedback about the Physician. As I make changes, I'll update this initial post and post in the thread as well.

As this will be a hot topic thread, it will be heavily moderated. As such, here are some rules for posting in this thread:

1) Keep it on target. We are here to talk about the Physician. Comparisons to other souls and builds are fine as long as they work towards the end goal of being constructive feedback for how to make the Physician better.

2) Keep it constructive. I can't stress this enough. So, no spam postings, no personal jabs or squabbles. These posts will be deleted and you'll probably get an infraction for it from the community team.

3) I don't mind negative feedback at all. In fact, I encourage it... Just as long as it adheres to the 2 previous rules.

With that said, the souls are in an Alpha state. Things are going to change... a lot. So, don't be shy about suggesting feedback. Abilities can be dramatically changed, trees can be altered. Nothing is really off the table... well aside from the Physician being a healer. That's kinda set in stone at this point.

On PTS currently:

• Repurposed Residual Care to function like Enraptured Breath. More changes incoming to differentiate it from Enrapture Breath.
    • Fixed Causal misspellings on the Physician synergy crystals.
    • Preemptive Therapy should trigger Physician synergy crystal bonuses now.
    • Biofeedback: Fixed issue that was causing the healing to be lower when not targeting yourself. Also removed the raid/party restriction. Removed energy regen reduction.
    • Physician & Liberator non-finisher absorbs: Now have proper values for absorb amount, power stat coefficient, and weapon multiplier,
    • Increased the absorb shield on Expectant Treatment
    • Removed the cooldown and added a 1.5s cast time on Preemptive Therapy. This also means that the absorb value was increased.
    • Combination Therapy now heals for 12.5% of the Rogue’s AP per rank instead of 2%.
    • Changed all heal spells to require the ranged weapon and as such use it in ability calculation.
    • Increased the healing done by Biofeedback.
    • Reduced Cast time on Causal Treatment to 1.5s and adjusted healing done and energy costs accordingly.
    • Reduced healing done by Mass Blood Transfusion again by 20%.
    • Increased damage done by Mass Blood Transfusion by 100%. This puts it back to where it was before.
    • Emergency Response is no longer on global cooldown.
    • Cognitive Enhancement: Each stack is now worth 2/4/6% and max stack count is 3. Now triggers off of successful casting of abilities instead of when healing is done.
    • Residual Care: Now accounts for overhealing.
    • Supportive Care: Now 100% chance to add shield on any single target heal cast by the physician on the target of Supportive Care.
    Coming to PTS:
    • Preemptive Therapy now has a global stack size of 1 instead of a caster stack size of 1.
    • Corrected the description on Supportive Care.
    • Changed the icon for Combination Therapy.
    • Changed the icon for Residual Care.
    • Maintenance Therapy now includes the ranged weapon in calculation.
    • Supportive Care now has an internal cooldown of 1s between applying shields.
    • Life Insurance’s pin HP effect will now function properly when used on another target other than the caster.
    • Removed AoE restrictions from Reverse Genetics so it now effects Group Therapy.
    • Reduced healing on Group Therapy by 16% due to the change with Reverse Genetics.
    Last edited by Vladd; 04-03-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Little heads up to let people know that Magelo has an updated PTS calculator with the new souls in order to help you out testing, sharing and posting builds. Should hopefully prove to be a useful resource.

> Magelo PTS Soultree calculator

RIFT Guide Writer

Residual Care - Would be better as 20/40/60/80/100% efficiency instead of chance. Chance makes it an all or nothing to train which leaves cleanse out as a option for 61 bard, 15 physician subspec.

Pandemic - Remove the energy regeneration penalty.

Alternative Care - Remove the energy regeneration penalty.

Causal Treatment - Would be more fun as 1.5 second cast time like it used to be. Also the energy cost is way too high for rogue's small energy pool, casting Causal Treatment + any instant will basically leave you at 30 energy even if you started at 100.

Combination Therapy - Heals for practically nothing, 4% of AP is ~200 heal. Sentinel has similar ability which heals 10 times as much.

Supportive Care - There was talk about changing this to Latent Blaze type ability.

Simultaneous Treatment - Would be better off as something similar to the c-word's Symbiosis ability that would allow a brief period of healing two targets efficiently.

Preemptive Therapy - Should have a fixed combo point cost of 2, no cooldown, but only be able to affect each target once per 15 seconds.

Active Treatment and Expectant Treatment - Both are too weak.

Life Insurance - Would be better off as a combined Healer's Covenant + No Permission to Die instead of the shield + NPtD.

Biofeedback - Needs some kind of rework, at the moment it's terrible. If it was not a channel but instead a normal ability with the same 5 second effect it would be worth using and good compared to its cooldown.

Rift Chaser

Causal Treatment doesn't cool down like the tool tip says
    Dreezie

Ascendant

For me it's too many cd's that do very similar thing. I would rather have more passives or toggles which help in different situations rather macroing several similar cd's in to one macro.

Preventive Medication looks like total joke. On PTS testing I made it to around 50% dmg abosrb up to 1800 hp shield which can be triggered ONCE per 20sec. - It's way too weak with current penalty, either make the shield stronger or lower the penalty time to 10sec at most.

Intensive Care cooldown is a bit too long, imo it should be 90sec max.

Biofeedback should be reworked in to some kind of buff-link which increases healing taken on the target for 20 seconds whenever target is being critically hit.

What bother me the most is very poor hybridization options.

* Bard gives some useless things that my raid will have from other sources (for example Anthem of Glory will be replaced by archons arcane aegis, some passives which increase healing on self and endurance or magic dmg which I dont really need. The buffs and motifs will be casted by Bards anyway, so I kinda see no point wasting points in Bard.

* Tactician offers almost nothing down in the tree. I can choose between resist + armor or magic dmg increase which again I dont really need. Higher in to the tree is Extended Workload which gives +2% endurance and +5 max energy per point (3 points max) Which seems interesting but other than that it's meh.

* Another option is RS + NB for more AP and stronger heals + survivality buff which seems to be the best atm.

Other souls doesnt really offer anything good, so our choice is rather limited.

Also with release of Physician I see no point in using Tactician ever again because:

1. doesnt bring as much aoe dmg as Sab or BD and have a lot weaker ST dmg.
    2. healing with torrent is very problematic as your raid must stack which is often a problem due to mechanics in encounters which force the raid to split.
    3. too many close to useless abilities like Curative Remote which heal for like 150 hp lol, how the heck is this suppose to help?!
    Last edited by AlwaysHealNeverDie; 03-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doood View Post
    Causal Treatment doesn't cool down like the tool tip says
    TT doesn't say Causal Treatment has a CD either, so all is well.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    TT doesn't say Causal Treatment has a CD either, so all is well.
    You're right, thought it said 10 second CD, i must be high.
    Dreezie

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doood View Post
    You're right, thought it said 10 second CD, i must be high.
    tree passives lower the cd to 0.

Pretty sure some Testers reported that allready but still,

"Preemptive Therapy" isnt triggering the Physician Crystal.

About Feedback;

Mass Blood Transfuison imo should be reworked or at least It should give CPs.

Detoxification/Combination Therapy should Heal based on HP and not AP.

Biofeedback is just useless in his current form. A easy way to "fix" that, would be change it to a 2min OGC CD that reduces dmg taken by 15/20% for 5/10 sec. without the healing/channel.

Precise Diagnosis gives only 1 stack of Cognitive Enhancement, should be 5 stacks but on a longer CD like 30/45 sec.. Gives way better options for burst heals then only 5 cp and 1 stack.

Life Ensurance is way to weak for an 61 points talent imo. 2 min. CD and at least twice the Absorb but no heal ( in raids you wont see the heal at all so its a waste anyway) would make it a way better option.

Supportive Care/Simultaneous Treatment both are a joke. So many ways to make them worth. I like the Symbose idea but anyway nearby everything could be better then the 2 buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    Pretty sure some Testers reported that allready but still,

"Preemptive Therapy" isnt triggering the Physician Crystal.
    Fixed. Also got the misspelling with Causal Treatment while I was messing with those items.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Telaran

Biofeedback is not worth using currently. Because it is a channel, it either needs to do a significant amount of healing in addition to the small damage reduction or it needs to do a significant amount of damage reduction and its current low healing. Lacking both, it is currently better to keep a tank alive by basic healing rather than using biofeedback.

my posts will regard mostly to just pvp, it could have the same results in pve, but my testing will all be done in pvp scenerios.

from the first 3 warfronts i have done i have noticed a few major issues.

1. alternative treatment and pandemic are both purgeable, in my opinion there is no reason to have them be purgeable since all they do is toggle between ST and aoe.

2. mass blood transfusion is way too powerful on self healing for how little energy it costs and how easy it is to use. i was self healing 1v5 just by spamming that one single ability. it either needs to cost more energy, or more likely just get a straight out nerf to healing in pvp, otherwise every rogue is going to run around spamming that one single ability and be nearly impossible to kill.

3. while it seems most of the damage abilties can be silenced, like mass blood transfusion, if you are mid cast when you get silenced, it does not stop the cast, it simply finishes the cast and then prevents you from casting again until the silence has faded.

4. final thing i noticed is i feel that life insurance is a bit lackluster in pvp, i don't think the heal portion should be nerfed in pvp.

other than those issues it seemed pretty strong and at the same time not too op, the CDs work perfectly but could still be managed by good dps.

Soulwalker

Default redirect heal to other target

May be I missing a point but I do not understand why the physician need so many self heals could be great in pvp but on dungeon/raid I don't see the point.

Could it be possible to redirect this heal (mainly from surgical strike, mass blood transfusion and plasma stike) using the simultaneous treatment to someone else?

Also Biofeedback is broken when used on pts it self heal. As it is channel I don't see the reason to have reduced energy rate while using it

Pandemic could be fun to use with Adrenaline shot but the reduced energy regeneration rate of 5/s is too high to use this combo so please either lower the rerr to 2/s or decrease the cd of Adrenaline shot to something around 10 s

IMO Group therapy is rather weak for the 15s duration

It would be nice to have 2 healing path :
    hight healing no dps => Active treatment casual treatment (urgent care) then maintenance/group therapy

lower healing more dps =>surgical strike (medicinal leeching) then plasma strike.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fistban View Post
    May be I missing a point but I do not understand why the physician need so many self heals could be great in pvp but on dungeon/raid I don't see the point.
    The damage ability heals are pretty useless for healing except in dungeons where they work well with pandemic to do AoE healing when needed. Alt Treatment really shouldn't be used currently.

Could it be possible to redirect this heal (mainly from surgical strike, mass blood transfusion and plasma stike) using the simultaneous treatment to someone else?
    Pandemic.

Also Biofeedback is broken when used on pts it self heal. As it is channel I don't see the reason to have reduced energy rate while using it
    Biofeedback is currently in a state of flux. Until last week it had no CD so the energy degen was the balancing aspect of it.

Pandemic could be fun to use with Adrenaline shot but the reduced energy regeneration rate of 5/s is too high to use this combo so please either lower the rerr to 2/s or decrease the cd of Adrenaline shot to something around 10 s
    Pandemic works fine currently, IMNSHO.

IMO Group therapy is rather weak for the 15s duration
    It is suppose to be week.

It would be nice to have 2 healing path :
    hight healing no dps => Active treatment casual treatment (urgent care) then maintenance/group therapy

lower healing more dps =>surgical strike (medicinal leeching) then plasma strike.
    you already have this via pandemic.

Prophet of Telara

Biofeedback its useless as it is right now.

Pandemic and Alternative Care should have their energy penalty removed.

Causal Treatment cast time and energy cost seems a little bit too high.The other insta heal skill is too week for the amount of energy it consumes.

Both shield skills seems to be too weak.

Overall all skills have(at least for me) too high energy cost.

Supportive Care and Simultaneous Treatment are kinda useless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast