+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple question about melee ST dps

Telaran

Default Simple question about melee ST dps

Because nothing is that simple in this game anyway...
    Ok, right to the point, i'm leveling a rogue and i was asking myself about a good build for PVE for ST Melee DPS (its intended to be better than ranged ST DPS and i'm a bit used to the mechanics XD) for 5 men dungeons. But the thing is, there were these recent changes to assassin, so i'd like to know if its viable to DPS with it (assassin) even when not behind the target.
    If assassin cant be viable, then could you tell me any Melee ST DPS that does more DPS than ranger that i could possibly use for 5 men dungeons??

Thank you for everything, sorry for anything.
    Waiting for answers impatiently, of course!!!

Assassin is still a great single-target melee dps spec. In fact it has improved with 2.6. I can't comment on its efficacy whilst leveling but at level 60 it puts out some of our best numbers.

Ascendant

61 sin / 6 ranger / 9 marksman is pretty good for ST dps (but rather for raids than soloing)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Sin is even more viable now than it was before, though for dungeons I'd recommend using Nightblade.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Yeah, Assassin is very strong-- but it's also horrifically energy starved without raid buffs, which makes it painful to use in dungeons unless the boss is dying in under a minute. Nightblade and Bladedancer are better melee spec choices for dungeons, particularly since they have AoE.

+ Reply to Thread