+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shinkirou
  • 1 Post By Phreakuency

Thread: Ranged MM dps in melee range

Default Ranged MM dps in melee range

With the changes to MM I'm now getting warnings that I'm to close to the target a lot, but as far as I can tell all my abilities still go off. Anyone else experiencing this? I'll be testing it on a target dummy later to see if any abilities are not going off while in melee range

I believe this is due to the autoattack still trying to do a ranged autoattack but now you're in melee range. Your range ability still triggers. I wouldn't worry about it too much since the autoattack damage is very very low. I'm sure this will get fixed eventually, though.

Soulwalker

Default I have posted this also along with other issues in General

Yes you get warnings of "Too Close" and also when mobs are close your cycle of dps is broken by melee auto attacks that disrupt your dps rounds. So overall dps LOST!!!

I haven't noticed the message but I have noticed that a few times someone got close to my toon she thought it would be a good idea to pull out a dagger and start carving him up for a few auto atack hits. dps aside it was cool. lol

I've noticed the same thing, but I've also noticed that while the skills still cast, there is some latency in their use, causing a DPS loss while the game resolves what's going on.

So it seems while the skills are usable <3m range, other aspects of the game still think they're supposed to be used at 3m+ range, this conflict is causing some lag in skill use when <3m range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Over two weeks since first reported and still no fix.

Do you have to be a Trion White Knight to get anything these days?

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    Over two weeks since first reported and still no fix.

Do you have to be a Trion White Knight to get anything these days?

Seriously.
    Probably a low priority since so many people on the forums talk about how bad mm is.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I believe this is due to the autoattack still trying to do a ranged autoattack but now you're in melee range. Your range ability still triggers. I wouldn't worry about it too much since the autoattack damage is very very low. I'm sure this will get fixed eventually, though.
    This is not Entirely correct, it is somewhat true that auto attack dps is extremely low in this game compared to others but auto attack dps can easily be 500-1500 dps depending on spec and gear which is a significant portion of your actual dps you would lose if you never auto attack

+ Reply to Thread