+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By erct657
  • 1 Post By VanashBW
  • 3 Post By Muspel
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: The Bard Heals, Nerfed to ****....

Plane Touched

Default The Bard Heals, Nerfed to ****....

Yesterday was only a small nerf to the healing, and i could live with that but now i log in today and its even worse. i can understand for people who have strong heals it still works out in pvp, but for me as a bard... Harmonic Distortion heals for like 400-500 less each time, and the aoe heals for 200-300 less each time, cadence 40 less each tick. i mean comon wtf?! Bard heals were bad as they were and now even worse....

Why did you have to hurt bards in pvp?

Plane Touched

It feels kind of crap that my favorite soul gets hurt this much when others doesnt seem to have been affected as much, i bet this valor change wasnt as thought thru was it?

Can't even save myself from someone spamming swift shot with harmonic distortion, 1 guy can singlehandedly just wear me down now from range with 1 ability, no cooldowns used. What am i now? a Buff-bot only?

The usefull stuff left is Orchestra, verse of joy and motif of bravery. all the rest is near meaningless to use becouse everyother soul has dmg increase debuffs themselves, so whats the use of Coda's? oh wait, i could use Coda of Restoration.... or NOT, becouse it doesnt even outheal ONE DOT...

Yesterday i said my goodbyes to Assasination soul, and now it seems good bye bard too...

Ascendant

All heals from all souls are slightly less effective in PvP. Not just Bard's.
    Last edited by Kedon; 02-14-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Plane Touched

Yes, i know that genius. But for a soul that heals already sucked for it hurts even more. You don't seem to understand that do you? Try play the bard and save yourself with harmonic distortion without ANYONE ELSE healing you at all, and only 1 guy hitting you with fluff damage. Fluff damage will win.

Bard is not a dedicated healer, therefore it should not be able to keep itself alive in a 1v1, regardless of the damage output of the opposing player (except for maybe a rogue or cleric tank).
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Ascendant

Heals nerfs werent direct to bard but mostly clerics and mages, bard is simply a victim of indirect changes.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Shadowlander

A Bard's role is not to heal anyway, it's to mitigate and buff. The bard 'heals' are to cover short periods of time when the real healer is incapacitated or to mitigage small amounts of dmg to the whole raid.

Anyone who expects a Bard to 'heal' is in need of re-education.

Plane Touched

Yeah but what about Verse of Joy only regaining 160 mana per second? total of 2.4k mana over the whole period and a 2 minute cooldown on it.... Clerics own mana regen ability gives more then that, and have NO COOLDOWN. The rest of the ability is great, charge, energy and power regen. but the mana part of it is just so OUTDATED. update please

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdosan View Post
    Yeah but what about Verse of Joy only regaining 160 mana per second? total of 2.4k mana over the whole period and a 2 minute cooldown on it.... Clerics own mana regen ability gives more then that, and have NO COOLDOWN. The rest of the ability is great, charge, energy and power regen. but the mana part of it is just so OUTDATED. update please
    The cleric mana regen abilities only affect themselves and have disadvantages (IE requiring you stand still and channel, reducing your max HP, etc).

By contrast, Verse of Joy affects twenty people and only takes a single GCD. For bonus points, that GCD is shorter than the cleric GCD.

It seems to me that you don't actually want to play a support, you want to be a healer.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-17-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erct657 View Post
    Bard is not a dedicated healer, therefore it should not be able to keep itself alive in a 1v1, regardless of the damage output of the opposing player (except for maybe a rogue or cleric tank).
    This I agree with, your bard should never be a source of heals to keep anyone alive, its mostly sniped heals. Its strengths lie in its available buffs and raid wide CD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Plane Touched

Well if we can put the healing aside and look down at Verse of Joy, the regen is amazing towards Rogues, Warriors becouse Energy and Power are still at 100 like it always been, but mana keeps increasing but the amount of mana given stays the same. All i want is for the buff to keep up with the gear level of current content. it doesnt. 160 mana is nothing,

I pop it to help regen up some resource, but on the mages/clerics mana bars it doesnt move at all. to me it just seems like you dont give a flying **** about Bard and want it left as it is and just keep talking about Marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdosan View Post
    to me it just seems like you dont give a flying **** about Bard and want it left as it is and just keep talking about Marksman.
    I think that specs that are weak need developer love more than specs that are irreplaceably powerful.

Bard is the only spec in the game that you will use on every single raid encounter. I don't think you understand how unusual that is.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I think that specs that are weak need developer love more than specs that are irreplaceably powerful.

Bard is the only spec in the game that you will use on every single raid encounter. I don't think you understand how unusual that is.
    I understand what you mean, Bard is great! theres just these small details that needs improvement. I am a pvp player, and i can tell how little difference the 160 mana on Verse of Joy does in PvP, it does zero difference at all. it could just aswell not give mana at all and it would make me happier. But now you look at the tooltip, and it promises mana regen, but it barely gives enough to cast 2 spells after 15 seconds, unless you are drained that is, then the poor mages and clerics im trying to help can still cast none.

Motifs and Codas = Superb, cant complain anything there.

Healing = decent, cant complain anymore.

Damage = Soso, mostly fluff apart from Verse of Agony, wich is great.

Beeing forced to go full 61 pointer to get he 15% dmg buff on the other hand, not so happy about that.

+ Reply to Thread