+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gunzip

Thread: Ranger stat priorities?

Default Ranger stat priorities?

Sorry I know there's a few threads on this already... but most of them I've read did nothing but confuse me with tons of math equations and arguments. not to mention the majority of them being heavily outdated.

I'm not looking for absolute max dps here, as I'll figure that out in time and with experience like every other MMO I've played.

Being a newer player and brand new 60, I'm more interested in a simplified answer here. I know Dex is top priority but the whole AP vs Crit and Crit power confuses the bajeesus out of me.

So dare I ask the question... in SIMPLE terms please.. which is more benefficient as a new 60.

I'll also admit I have that old "WoW mentality" hanging around still and is there a specific "crit cap" or something of that nature I should be shooting for at 60? Again most of the threads concerning this are heavily outdated, confusing as hell, or just argumentive opinions with no factual basis behind them whatsoever.

So can anyone shed a little "very basic" light on the subject for a newer player.

Current stats: AP - 1649 (329.8 dps) Crit - 1385 (22.99%)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Boogityboy; 02-13-2014 at 12:34 PM.

dex is not top priority. as a rule of thumb for dps, cp > ap > dex > str > crit. of course, this priority changes depending on what spec you use. but if you don't want 50 sets of gears, just get cp until the cap.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 02-13-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

cp = crit power yes? (sorry like i said I'm new to this game)

And you said "until the cap"

Well.. what IS the cap I need to get to? ;)

I'm using the 61/12/3(mm) build. I really like the extra mobility the MM gives over the NB damage)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#zkllaGGlaB4/yr8/Ae

And again, thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Boogityboy; 02-13-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Ascendant

Dont go full CP, its good but only with full buffs and physical critic potions. For fresh 60 AP is better.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Work on you reputation Lycini and Torvan to gain access to the best in slot sigil core, you can load it up with 500+ Crit Power, then you will have gear slots that fill up the remaining CP values to bring you closer to the cap of 1194 unbuffed. I personally have 1200 CP unbuffed, but I cant lower it, as it will put me below the threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Thanks again this will at least get me started. And just to clarify again... cp = crit power, not physical crit correct? and Crit power is the cap I should be worrying about reaching (besides hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogityboy View Post
    Thanks again this will at least get me started. And just to clarify again... cp = crit power, not physical crit correct? and Crit power is the cap I should be worrying about reaching (besides hit)
    Crit Power, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread