+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue buff

Shadowlander Mistertheallmighty's Avatar

Default Rogue buff

Okay so there is one particular buff I use in pvp, I don't know the name at the moment because my rift has ben shot all day today but it ignores 25% of armor/absorb and resist, I don't know I see a lot of resisting still when im shooting my target for instance earlier, I shot someone in pvp it said 219(898absorbed) now im no math wiz but with 20k health pools and valor buffs how exactly does this buff help at all very least help very little IMO it should be buffed to say 40% but I am no gam Dev, that's just my opinion thanks for listening-mistermister

Quote Originally Posted by Mistertheallmighty View Post
    Okay so there is one particular buff I use in pvp, I don't know the name at the moment because my rift has ben shot all day today but it ignores 25% of armor/absorb and resist, I don't know I see a lot of resisting still when im shooting my target for instance earlier, I shot someone in pvp it said 219(898absorbed) now im no math wiz but with 20k health pools and valor buffs how exactly does this buff help at all very least help very little IMO it should be buffed to say 40% but I am no gam Dev, that's just my opinion thanks for listening-mistermister
    Very hard to read and understand your post without any punctuation and paragraph formatting.

I think you mean rending munitions.

Rending munitions (according to Magelo) only affects armour and resist, not absorb. Not sure anyone truly knows the way damage is calculated or in which order buffs / debuffs are added when determining damage, but it wouldnt surprise me if rending is only applied to the portion of the damage that didnt get absorbed by the shield.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Like Geth said, resists/armor have absolutely nothing to do with absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    Rending munitions (according to Magelo) only affects armour and resist, not absorb. Not sure anyone truly knows the way damage is calculated or in which order buffs / debuffs are added when determining damage, but it wouldnt surprise me if rending is only applied to the portion of the damage that didnt get absorbed by the shield.
    Absorbs apply to post-mitigation damage.

Say that you take 50% normal damage and you have 250 worth of shielding on you. If you are attacked by something that does 2000 damage, that will be reduced by 50% (to 1000), then the 250 absorb shield will be consumed, resulting in you taking 750 damage.

You can easily test this by using Planebound Aegis on a Riftstalker and noticing that it doesn't take more than twice as much damage as you would without it.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-13-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Shadowlander Mistertheallmighty's Avatar

Ahh I do see, thank you muspel and geth

+ Reply to Thread