+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tactician HYPER HEALING Build?

Telaran

Default Tactician HYPER HEALING Build?

Hello!
    So I decided on a rogue as an alt to level next (I have a warrior at 60 that I love) and I have been having a blast so far with all the souls (I like rogue tanking more then warrior at the moment). Today on my warrior I entered the warfronts to do my daily pvps and I came up against a rogue who just healed through everything I threw at it (top of the healing boards over both teams dedicated healers).

The rogue was tactician, did minimal damage, but healed through all my damage. Is there some godly spec that makes them even more untouchable then clerics or mages? I can usually chunk the other classes decently even just in the freelancer gear. Not this guy. Ungodly untouchable.
    Last edited by Double Whammy; 02-11-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Whammy View Post
    Hello!
    So I decided on a rogue as an alt to level next (I have a warrior at 60 that I love) and I have been having a blast so far with all the souls (I like rogue tanking more then warrior at the moment). Today on my warrior I entered the warfronts to do my daily pvps and I came up against a rogue who just healed through everything I threw at it (top of the healing boards over both teams dedicated healers).

The rogue was tactician, did minimal damage, but healed through all my damage. Is there some godly spec that makes them even more untouchable then clerics or mages? I can usually chunk the other classes decently even just in the freelancer gear. Not this guy. Ungodly untouchable.
    90% of it was probably fluff heals from healing torrent. Much like randomly spewing AoE damage all game, its easy to top the boards that way, but probably isn't very effective in actually pvping.

If you aren't able to kill a tactician, it most likely means they were getting healed by someone else that you aren't paying attention to
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    If you aren't able to kill a tactician, it most likely means they were getting healed by someone else that you aren't paying attention to
    This. Or you're using a PvP spec with terrible damage output.

Telaran

Aight thanks, I will post a video of it sometime for you guys. I was about to be super stoked for my rogue, oh weeeeels.

xxs
    Plane Touched

The only spec that may have hard time killing tactician is bard (and sab but that's not really applicable) .
    Assassin eats tactician in mere seconds, so does the nightblade.

Odds are some real healer actually kept that tactician alive.

sounds like they could have had a link on them
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Ascendant

Tact may get even to the top with HP's, because real healers will not waste their aoe cd's for 2-3 ppl who lost 10 % of their HP, while Tact will heal up to 10 players or so everytime he uses bolt with restorative engine on.

These high numbers are fake in reality and once you get in to high ranks you wont be able to out heal even a dmg from one geared dps.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Soulwalker

Actually tacticians DO have amazing healing capabilities. I personally think it's a very over looked class. I play tact on my rogue a lot and have no problems out healing clerics and mages. Yes the numbers are generally from AoE heals, but ST heals are pretty impressive as well. Everything on tact is instant, no cast time, which means it is very mobile and cannot be interrupted. So i can basically bounce around an entire WF healing everyone without going oom like clerics or running out of energy or being silenced for 5 seconds. The only time I will run out of energy is when I use curative torrent, which should only ever be used when players are stacked on each other, usually only ideal in black garden, whitefall, or scion. Other than that restorative bolt and your finisher will be the majority of your healing. Honestly, it is nearly impossible to kill me 1v1, most of the time the player just gives up and leaves me alone If I am pocketing someone who has good DPS, its fairly easy for us to 2v4 or so people. So I think you should give it a shot, it really is a lot of fun. I would love to teach you it!

Ascendant

^ if you think tact can outheal any real dmg you are playing in very low ranked matches. 2.5k per heal is nothing against dpser who crit for over 9k.

Soulwalker

I'm in full myr gear So I am playing with and against high ranked people, against people also in full myr gear, still with absolutely zero problems of out healing damage. I'm sure after 5 minutes or so you could probably burst me down, but by that time another team member has already killed you.

Ascendant

pretty sure geared sin or bd / nb wont need 5min to burst you down.

Soulwalker

Heh, sounds to me like you should make a rogue and see for yourself. I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just stating facts and letting you know how my warfronts generally go. Half of the silences and stuns and interrupt or whatever else sins use do not work on me, like i said, i have nothing to interrupt. Break free, use a knock back and shadow shift...by the time you catch up to me i have already healed myself halfway back up.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MeepMeep07 View Post
    Heh, sounds to me like you should make a rogue and see for yourself. I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just stating facts and letting you know how my warfronts generally go. Half of the silences and stuns and interrupt or whatever else sins use do not work on me, like i said, i have nothing to interrupt. Break free, use a knock back and shadow shift...by the time you catch up to me i have already healed myself halfway back up.
    at least try to be a less obvious troll.

Plane Touched

Tactician and hyper healing?! LOL since when? Bard could ALMOST save someone last patch, this patch not even almost, harmonic distortion is welcomed to the fluff-heals league, tyvm Trion....

Plane Walker

It was probably a 38/38 Tactbard or a 51-54 PvP Bard. Either is basically a chloro but instead of spot heals you have raid buffs. It's a great spec that I wish more rogues would use instead of crying for heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast