+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I am learning to Bard and have a question or 2

Default So I am learning to Bard and have a question or 2

So far I'm only level 33and I've been using bard and I love it more than tact but alas I have a few questions
    1. Motifs. should I refresh those when there is 1 second left? or does that only apply to the Motif of Regeneration?
    2. should I even use damaging finishers? or should I stick with keep Coda of Jeopardy up and the healing one?
    3. Fanfares. should I only use the HP buff one?
    4. Fanfares. is the one that increases movement speed useless?
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

There is a talent you will spec into at some point that refreshes motifs on any 5 point bard finisher

If you/your party need heals use the heal coda if not add some dps

Use both no reason not to have health and ap buffs both up

If you bard in pvp the extra speed will make your melee love you and leveling it does speed it up i guess but it doesnt really shine until raiding which it is used all the time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    1. Motifs. should I refresh those when there is 1 second left? or does that only apply to the Motif of Regeneration?
    Just to add one point to this, at your level, you do not have 5 points in reverberation, so yes, you will need to refresh manually.

Ascendant

Read The Grinnz Guide if you haven't yet.

Most answers are there.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    So far I'm only level 33and I've been using bard and I love it more than tact but alas I have a few questions
    2. should I even use damaging finishers? or should I stick with keep Coda of Jeopardy up and the healing one?
    3. Fanfares. should I only use the HP buff one?
    4. Fanfares. is the one that increases movement speed useless?
    Assuming you are 61 bard:
    1: Your 5 combo finisher will reapply your motifs automatically, this will let you keep Resonance up.
    *Tip* Cast and keep up Tenacity and Bravery before a pull, do not cast Regeneration. You will die to instant aggro. you should use Regeneration after the tank pulls, that way everyone will have Resonance up almost immediately.

2: Have both setup on your bar, and alternate between the 2 as the group/raid needs.
    *Tip* you can macro power cord in both Cadenza and Cadence so it hits first and then your builders, that way you use it whenever it is available. This also allows for quick Coda Debuffs on target switching.

3: Now that the Rogue has insta cast buffs, use it at the beginning, and whenever party/raid members are battle rezed to rebuff them.

4: I believe you are referring to the Anthems. The movement speed is almost always on for Raids as a bard since the other 2 can be supplied by other classes.

When it comes to PvP.. i don't know much. someone else would have to respond to that.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SocNom View Post
    2: Have both setup on your bar, and alternate between the 2 as the group/raid needs.
    *Tip* you can macro power cord in both Cadenza and Cadence so it hits first and then your builders, that way you use it whenever it is available. .
    Perhaps someone else would have pointed out: yet power cord should be forgotten in its current state. It's damage and healing loss.

Soulwalker

That may be true, but i was referring more to using it as a quick debuff option for target switching. Like the Eggs on egg Tenders, 1 power cord gives you 2 combo points. its ideal for quick debuffs on multiple targets.
    "I know there is black, but I need something more black" - Fishslapper

+ Reply to Thread