+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged/Melee Weapons Question

Soulwalker

Default Ranged/Melee Weapons Question

Current spec: Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker (Level 42)

My problem: My ranged weapon supercedes my melee weapons despite the fact that I'm a melee-centric role. When I unsheath/sheath my weapons, it's always a gun and occasionally while I'm stealthed and about to sneak up on a target, I'll auto-attack my target with my gun which cancels out my stealth.

Now, someone told me to toggle OFF ranged attacks. However, I don't even have a toggle ranged auto attack power button.

My goal: to be able to unsheath my weapons and my actual melee weapons get drawn out instead of a stupid gun. Also, no accidental auto-ranged attacks that break my stealth prematurely. Help?

Telaran

There is a keybind to sheath and unsheathe your weapons. It's a purely cosmetic function, for screen shots or so you can show off your weapons while in town. You never need to use it in combat.

You can make a hotkey to toggle auto-attack on and off. You don't need to use that in combat either.

Just hit the hotkey for the skill you want to use. That draws your weapons, executes the skill, and toggles on auto-attack for you.

If you are hitting the hotkey for a melee attack, it will never fire off a ranged attack. The only way that could happen is if you are using a macro that mixes both ranged and melee attacks. If you are having problems with that, take the ranged attacks out of the macro.

Shadowlander

If you r-click on a valid target, it will start ranged auto attacks if you are within range.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

are you, by any chance, rightclicking the enemy? because that starts the autoattacks.

you dont need to rclick the enemy, get close to the enemy and use your from stealth attacks, it'll work.

if you can show a video or something of the problem, it'd help too.

Soulwalker

Update: Just wanted to let you know I figured out what the problem was. "Cycle Weapon" is a hotkey you can use to switch between what your "main" weapon is. I had it set to ranged. All I did was switch it back to melee than clear the hotkey so I could never "accidentally" use it again. Thanks for the responses guys!

Uhm. This sounds like clicking, never click. There aren't many situations where instigating auto attack is ever really necessary or a good idea. Tab to your target and open from stealth with an opening move.

If you absolutely must click, left click.

+ Reply to Thread