+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Tactition worthwhile?

Soulwalker

Default Is Tactition worthwhile?

Is using tactician for soloing and group pve worthwhile? All I ever see is putting 4 into CE, but nothing about using the entire soul. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Plane Touched

you will see some people use Tact/Bard or what not and used to see more people solo with it but honestly i never use it at all myself

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    you will see some people use Tact/Bard or what not and used to see more people solo with it but honestly i never use it at all myself
    Think more use it with MM than with Bard. Tact/MM is nice for GHR and invasions at least and even maybe a few boss mechanics. Tact/Bard on the other hand can maybe be useful in a very few situations (I've yet to find one where I'd use it instead of 61 Bard) and is mainly used by people that are stuck in the idea that it's still good because they see high HPS.

Tact/MM is situationally useful if you need to cleave mobs that are far apart. This is a rare occurrence, though-- the only fights where it comes up are the twins in Empyrean Core and Ultane in GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummulus View Post
    Is using tactician for soloing and group pve worthwhile?
    There's other much more effective solutions for soloing and 98% of group PvE.
    Not worthwhile.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the input looks like I will steer clear of it. Muspel I like the blade dancer spec you have gonna give that a whirl for soloing. For group range I guess the ranger is the standard.? I like Sab, but ST I bad unless im doing something wrong. Thanks again.

I like Tact but then again, I'm lazy.

Are there better options out there for AoE DPS? Definitely.
    Sab beats it, easily and I've heard good things about BD but the thought of managin' the dances hurts my tiny brain and I haven't played it since SabDancer was a viable spec so I'm not familiar with it, at all.
    It's DPS is definitely not horrible though; with max amount of targets I see myself doin' 70k+. This is only with 2 pieces of T2's, the rest bein' T1's and no relics.
    I'd only ever use it to solo and on trash though. Lovely yellow walls of text in GA, TDQ and IDH.

I like what Tact brings, outside of it's DPS though: shield, passive healin', nice CD in Power Core to alternate with other raid CD's and when paired with MM you get a run speed CD and an interrupt/silence.

Bein' lazy since 1987. XD

Ascendant

Tact is bad imo, just use Sab or NB.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Looks like I'm in the minority here. I'm level 55 and I put 8 in riftstalker, 39 into Tact, and the rest in marksman. My number 1 focus is on elemental torrents. Initiate with infernal beam, then infernal torrent, then glacial torrent, then empyreal bolt (if you need to get your combo points up), then alternate infernal and glacial torrents. Around 8 to 9 stacks of torrent overload I'll spring torrent primer to knock that back down and boost dps. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Rift points are in unseen fury and boosted recovery, picking up planebound resilience is a nice perk. A little third-soul dps boost and survivability.

In the tact tree, I leave the necrotics alone completely as I don't use them. Focus all talent points into traits that give you boosted torrent & AoE dps, and survivability/heals. Infernal torrent swapping with glacial torrent will be your mantra.

Use Marksmanship points for dps enhancements. Increase range, increase AoE's etc.

I run with Curative Engine, Planebound Resilience, and Electrified Munitions up as buffs. (Also keep a planar enhancement on your weapons once you're 50+) I've found this build to be my top "roaster" in terms of destroying anything and everything in front of you. Great for dungeons, phenomenal for defending against invasions. It heals you as you do damage, so it scales with however many mobs you take on. The only tricky part is it's a little positioning dependent - gotta strafe around until you line up multiple groups in front of you. But when you get used to doing that, I've spiked upwards of 20k dps on multiple groups in Mazamar, without ever dropping below 90% health.

That's the real key for soloing. It might not be a top dps spec, but I never die. As long as I'm killing, I'm out-healing my enemy while they're dying. Now, I'm a returning player, and I came back in the low 50's level-wise, but I haven't had to touch this spec since I stopped playing nearly a year ago. Works great on groups of anything, and I like it as a dungeon and solo mob spec because it still does decent dps. Again - watch your positioning. Nothing will piss off a group more than poorly managed torrents, and blowing past the current group of dungeon mobs to tag more up the way, or worse yet the boss.

Hope this help.

Soulwalker

Well thanks to all of you for input on this. I guess what sparked this in the first place was i was looking for a good Soling spec. I just hit 60 and gear is well it ain't raid gear. That's why i was looking at the tac for the healing survive ability side, but it doesn't do what I thought it did. So anyone got any tips for a strait up new to 60 soling spec?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grummulus View Post
    Well thanks to all of you for input on this. I guess what sparked this in the first place was i was looking for a good Soling spec. I just hit 60 and gear is well it ain't raid gear. That's why i was looking at the tac for the healing survive ability side, but it doesn't do what I thought it did. So anyone got any tips for a strait up new to 60 soling spec?
    I have to disagree with everyone. TactMan is amazing for soloing. You get a shield, passive heals x 3 with engine\core\remote and aoe that doesn't require your targets stand still or even be next to each other. I use this is my solo\farm and trash clear build, plus can be useful on certain bosses, like twins. Power Core debuffs every mob in range for 10% more damage! Bonus: it's more interesting and has far more utility than a 1 button Sabo build. The downside is that Single Target DPS is terrible, so on any single boss encounter, use... anything... else.

Try this build:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ht-change.html

Default Solo for sure, hunt rifts optional

There are like, several replies, and i did not want to read them. So, let me go on record and say that for PvE, especially 50+, and DEFINITELY 60 grinds. You may find people arguing, that's ok, this is America, and it's their right to be wrong, but Tact is a FANTASTIC solo spec.

It is an AoE grind spec that keeps you from dying....like ever. 6 lvl 60 mobs? Pfft...*****es. Several Elites? They can go **** right off. Tact makes survivability easy. Soloing lvl 60 2man CHronicles is so easy, so painless, so quick....delicious...

Anyway...having a lvl 61 Tact build, 15 points in MM, 0 bard, you are a aoe survival grinding machine. In Hunt Rifts, same concepts, plus you have some decent offheals for the rift tanks, and decent buffs/debuffs.

Dont knock em. They are worthless (compared to bard) as support in PvP (after their huge nerf a while back) and worthless for AoE dps (compared to Sab), but their survivability is still disgusting PvE.

Just remember, if you are in a situation where you will have dedicated healers (PvP, most lvl 40+ instances, etc) tactician is unnecessary and tactobard, though stat-wise looks good, is not as beneficial as bard.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeOcean View Post
    I have to disagree with everyone. TactMan is amazing for soloing. You get a shield, passive heals x 3 with engine\core\remote and aoe that doesn't require your targets stand still or even be next to each other. I use this is my solo\farm and trash clear build, plus can be useful on certain bosses, like twins. Power Core debuffs every mob in range for 10% more damage! Bonus: it's more interesting and has far more utility than a 1 button Sabo build. The downside is that Single Target DPS is terrible, so on any single boss encounter, use... anything... else.

Try this build:

I second that. It is the best soloing spec for rogues, the best for GH5's, and the best for most zone events (those with lots of adds). It's not as powerful since it was nerfed, but it still quite useful. In raid situations, there are probably only 2 fights you'd want to use it as Muspel said.

The version we use is 37 tact, 35MM, 4NB which is geared for more damage.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JadeOcean View Post

Try this build:

tact is terrible and that build is pretty terrible. Please new players reading avoid using that spec and read the guide section for real solo builds.

Best rogue soloing builds are 51 blade dancer/4tact/21 rs the guide is found in the rogue guide section.

And 51 Nightblade/4tact/21 rs is still rogues bread/butter for soling as well.

Bard is terrible for soling, any tact build is terrible for soloing/group content.

For group pve content for aoeing=Sab which is the easiest aoe spec to play in the game.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 02-12-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    tact is terrible and that build is pretty terrible. Please new players reading avoid using that spec and read the guide section for real solo builds.

Best rogue soloing builds are 51 blade dancer/4tact/21 rs the guide is found in the rogue guide section.

And 51 Nightblade/4tact/21 rs is still rogues bread/butter for soling as well.

Bard is terrible for soling, any tact build is terrible for soloing/group content.

For group pve content for aoeing=Sab which is the easiest aoe spec to play in the game.
    I agree with Drift. I've suggested to several rogues in my guild to play these specs for soloing and leveling, and they love it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast