Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How long untill they nerf our poisons?

Telaran

Default How long untill they nerf our poisons?

Hey,

getting worried about those tempest changes... It could potentialy mean they are going to fix all the crazy OP things in pvp...

So it got me thinking, what is next...? Of all OP things atm... i think that after tempest our Assassin poisons are probably next thing in line to fix.

Maybe they ll just reduce the chance of poisons to apply? and maybe tone down the damage a bit? or both?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Loyce

Fine by me, nerf poison damage, significantly buff builder and finisher damage, which would clash with design paradigms for the rogue calling. As we go up to five combo points and do faster hits, blade dancer being the exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion of Telara

Poisons only proccing from melee skills and reduced dsmage in pvp is my expectation.

The melee only part is what i actually think they should do

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Poisons only proccing from melee skills and reduced dsmage in pvp is my expectation.

The melee only part is what i actually think they should do
    Then we all have to go ranged or 61 nb for any fight with any dcs. I know vlad has said he wants rogues dps less dependent on procs but if that ever happens it means he HAS to give us a way to handle short dcs.

Ascendant

There's nothing to nerf lol, they may just fix the RNG proc on poisons, but assassins will always be good at 1vs1, it's just what this class is about.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Then we all have to go ranged or 61 nb for any fight with any dcs. I know vlad has said he wants rogues dps less dependent on procs but if that ever happens it means he HAS to give us a way to handle short dcs.
    It would need to be a pvp only change for exactly that reason.

Maybe its just me but i think most of the qq about poisons in pvp is the proced mana drain and snare. The dps is a little high from them is ok but managable. Given that is a very large portion of our dmg comes from poisons making them only work in melee would be an easy way to 100% kill the spec. Reducing the damage they deal isnt going to make anything better. A sin only spamming ranged builders and finishers is an annoyance not a threat w/o dots rolling the dmg is meh. Reducing poisons just means a knockback or root and sin is done. In all honesty i think the mana drain amount should prob be toned down maybe drain 1/2 of what it does now.

Really though i find it hard to believe that people think sin is even in the same ballpark of op as temp is. Im sure it looks great with 6 of them on your team and running in packs of 2+ but really a sin 1v1 better be a good pvper or have slip away up cause i love blood thirsty procs from a sin.

Telaran

Default @gunzip

Faster hits in a five combo point setting? put a couple points into paragon as an offsoul and warriors hit the same speed as we do, champ, tempest, paragon.. aside from that, paragon is the worlds easiest spec with two one second GCD builders per finisher. Same with the mage, GCD reduction on some specs. We don't hit faster than everything.

Maybe its just me but i think most of the qq about poisons in pvp is the proced mana drain and snare. The dps is a little high from them is ok but managable. Given that is a very large portion of our dmg comes from poisons making them only work in melee would be an easy way to 100% kill the spec. Reducing the damage they deal isnt going to make anything better. A sin only spamming ranged builders and finishers is an annoyance not a threat w/o dots rolling the dmg is meh. Reducing poisons just means a knockback or root and sin is done. In all honesty i think the mana drain amount should prob be toned down maybe drain 1/2 of what it does now.

Really though i find it hard to believe that people think sin is even in the same ballpark of op as temp is. Im sure it looks great with 6 of them on your team and running in packs of 2+ but really a sin 1v1 better be a good pvper or have slip away up cause i love blood thirsty procs from a sin.
    a sin is more OP than temp. any healer is going to want to temp on them at max level since they can survive temps lol burst then heal up right away after and a puri shuts down temps damage period because of shields and how they effect arc. sin can drain mana and burst plus keep up sustained.

when i heal on my mage is goes
    NB
    Sin
    Shaman
    MM
    Temp
    Warlord
    Pyro
    INQ

of specs that make me sweat the most. sin and nb and shaman im dead mm and temp i can at least kite and los and the rest i can easily kite and or cleanse.

temp burst was OP for sure paired with tranquility but overall a sin is better. more damage better at killing healers way better 1 v 1 and can stealth to help keep objectives.

i dont think sin should be nerfed i just think its a complete joke at the nerf temp is getting
    Last edited by dday; 02-07-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Jesus, did you really say kite a mm or even a tempest. Yea im sure that 1 cast every 15secs makes them so easy to kite. Im assuming you saying sin is op compaired to temp is after the tempest arc nerf cause if not you prob just want to go away before you get laughed out of here. Those mana drains on your chloro yea those are op. If only chloro had like 3 mana regens in it to compensate, oh wait. Sin is only good in a 1v1 fight. Takes no time at all for a dps to blow them up or anyone to purge and lol at them. and who would have thought that a warrior would put temp and wl so low on their list of pvp build, shocking. Sins ability to pressure has nothing to do with all those cc abilities right? Its all the poisons.

Jesus, did you really say kite a mm or even a tempest. Yea im sure that 1 cast every 15secs makes them so easy to kite. Im assuming you saying sin is op compaired to temp is after the tempest arc nerf cause if not you prob just want to go away before you get laughed out of here. Those mana drains on your chloro yea those are op. If only chloro had like 3 mana regens in it to compensate, oh wait. Sin is only good in a 1v1 fight. Takes no time at all for a dps to blow them up or anyone to purge and lol at them. and who would have thought that a warrior would put temp and wl so low on their list of pvp build, shocking. Sins ability to pressure has nothing to do with all those cc abilities right? Its all the poisons.
    haha yea i can tell you never pvp

kite doesnt mean kite away from them it means kite then to a spot where they are in danger. range is usually max range if they play smart and healing is also far. chloro has to be closer because of how it heals but as soon as i see a range player on me i kite back forcing them to come into my zerg if they want to kill me

and nb and sin burst through my heals not drain my mana so again please know less about pvp and talk about it. mana drains was referring to clerics especially defiler. and yes sin and NB burst is better than temp its just slightly longer and in melee the reason why i think both souls are fine.

nb and sin pop from stealth is what im referring to as well. and no i never said nerf anything but nerfing temp like they did would be the same as nerfing posions and nerfing their hardest hitter.

sin and NB are fine but if you are going to nerf temp by what they are purposing then NB and Sin in theory should be hit hard as well along with about 8 other souls

tranquility should of not worked with arc and that would of been the end of it since the rest of temps burst has plenty of counters including the most basic shield when delayed gets cast on you.
    Last edited by dday; 02-07-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Merf pocket double posting
    Last edited by spowers454; 02-07-2014 at 02:19 PM.

snip.
    You really have to understand. DDay, the guy who has absolutely no idea about how bursts even work on the two souls he calls most dangerous, is attempting to tell you that, from his experience playing a warrior, that there's ways to counter their (Tempest) burst, that are/is not obviously apparent from the outside.

However the same logic doesn't apply to sins/nbs/mms.

Nope.

Not one bit.

Brb, joining the rest of the pvp population in playing Warrior, because it obviously sucks.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 02-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    You really have to understand. DDay, the guy who has absolutely no idea about how bursts even work on the two souls he calls most dangerous, is attempting to tell you that, from his experience playing a warrior, that there's ways to counter their (Tempest) burst, that are/is not obviously apparent from the outside.

However the same logic doesn't apply to sins/nbs/mms.

Nope.

Not one bit.

Brb, joining the rest of the pvp population in playing Warrior, because it obviously sucks.
    Name the counter to rogue burst as a warrior or chloro?

The only issue with temp burst was the short duration CDs.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast