+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: (Advanced) State of Sloth

Default (Advanced) State of Sloth

If I remember correctly, the Advanced State of Sloth is a dead point in regards to Raiding due to the fact that the damage increase is tied to the Slow component, of which the bosses are immune to.

Is there reasoning why the (de)buffs haven't been separated in order to make this point not a complete dead-point in 61 NB?

Assuming this hasn't been answered and/or my information is correct. It's something that's always bothered me about Nightblade.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

RIFT Guide Writer

10% damage taken debuff is too strong for 11 points compared to alternatives. It would become mandatory in every single dps spec we have, including ranged specs which would then be limited to 20 meters. Not a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    10% damage taken debuff is too strong for 11 points compared to alternatives. It would become mandatory in every single dps spec we have, including ranged specs which would then be limited to 20 meters. Not a very good idea.
    Then nerf it and make it useful or something?

I follow the reasoning, but as a PvPer coming to PvE, I end up hitting TF too much trying to upkeep the buff that doesn't work in PvE, as it would in PvP. Kinda annoying.

Simply find it a bit odd that some specs have a point that more or less has no effect on anything meaningful. It reminds me of Old Tranquility, which is kinda funny, as NB already has Dark Containment.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 02-05-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

I know they said they don't like doing it, but move it up to 16 points and make it 2 debuffs. Its a fix, they probably just will never do it.

Telaran

I have yet to be in a raid that had nothing but bosses in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCmage View Post
    I have yet to be in a raid that had nothing but bosses in it.
    I have yet to be in a raid where trash mattered at all.

xxs
    Plane Touched

The only boss that comes to mind and it works with - the throne in boneforge - allows to pull nice numbers since LivingFlame/ToD works on both sides. Well, but that's it (and if you dare go in melee)

Even if you move it to 16 points - NB/Sin would be the top spec by far then. I always wondered why they put such a strong skill that works in open world and pvp but it's useless on bosses.
    Last edited by xxs; 02-06-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    The only boss that comes to mind and it works with - the throne in boneforge - allows to pull nice numbers since LivingFlame/ToD works on both sides. Well, but that's it (and if you dare go in melee)

Even if you move it to 16 points - NB/Sin would be the top spec by far then. I always wondered why they put such a strong skill that works in open world and pvp but it's useless on bosses.
    I was simply sitting there looking at NB, and thought that it had quite a bit of completely useless abilities and points spent, some of which, serve almost no purpose in PvE.

ranged specs which would then be limited to 20 meters. Not a very good idea.
    Dont Rangers use fiery spike? (20m range)

Sorry not a main rogue here, correct me if i'm wrong.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    I was simply sitting there looking at NB, and thought that it had quite a bit of completely useless abilities and points spent, some of which, serve almost no purpose in PvE.
    The registered offender - "death from the shadows", I did level up solely in NB spec and play NB quite a lot but I have never ever used the skill, it's so pointless. Compared to dark malady it's a horrid opener and the 3 combo points are equality useless as nightblade needs heat retention.
    Might as well replace it with "dance in the shadows" which does nothing but dance animation and it will be a lot more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    The registered offender - "death from the shadows", I did level up solely in NB spec and play NB quite a lot but I have never ever used the skill, it's so pointless. Compared to dark malady it's a horrid opener and the 3 combo points are equality useless as nightblade needs heat retention.
    Might as well replace it with "dance in the shadows" which does nothing but dance animation and it will be a lot more useful.
    I have built that into my opening macro.

This talent is pointless in pve, bosses immune, it's worthwhile in pvp though. Don't fix what's not broken, I would rather see target switching improvements for nightblade. Rather than a no value talent like sloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Yea if only they would swap advanced state of sloth with death from the shadows and made the debuff work like wild growths slow/debuff nb would get a big buff to go along with the sin buffs inc and still be deep enough in the tree to not be to easy to break with hybrids. Wouldnt break it in pvp since it already works there.

Telaran

People who think "trash doesn't matter" in raiding need to try doing a raid without killing any.

Killing trash doesn't help inflate your e-peen. It still needs to be done, and talents that help you do that are not useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCmage View Post
    People who think "trash doesn't matter" in raiding need to try doing a raid without killing any.

Killing trash doesn't help inflate your e-peen. It still needs to be done, and talents that help you do that are not useless.
    The problem is, if you're using NB on trash *and* in a position where ASOS is working, you're basically talking about the very very small amount of time spent in the raid. When I raid, even half the trash is immune to ASOS, and the only reason I know that, is because they're also immune to Adhesive bomb from Sab.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 02-06-2014 at 08:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast