+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Solo build for running chronicles

Default Solo build for running chronicles

Hi I'm a warrior but looking for something to help a friend. He is a fresh 60 just starting experts so I know he wont be able to solo a chronicle but I want him to learn to play more builds.

I looked through a lot of the guides but I'm not as familiar with the new builds and role having just returned recently myself. I'm hoping for something not so complicated with good survivability over dps.

Thanks for any tips.

I personally run this with a slight modification, I could solo all chronicles with fresh level 60 gears. It takes a while though, as the dps is not very good at first (especially on Maklamos).

Or your friend could try a deep Tactician build. It can do damage (not sure how much, haven't tried it myself) and has more self-healing options.
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ling-spec.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ct-needed.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

build 1 requires tactician soul, and is highly recommended, as it can take a ton of punishment, while having good dps

build 2 doenst need tact, and if you have tact, you will be basically immortal in 1v1 fights. it has loads of burst and stealth, but you need to be behind the enemy to do your best damage. recommended if you dont have tactician. also has perma-stealth. good for sneaking around and bypassing mobs

build 3 is your pet based build. i dont like warrior/rogue pets, so i try not to use builds using them. but if you dont like melee, this is the only option. ranger gets highly powerstarved after a minute or so.

I generally find it easier for the pet to tank most of the chronicle bosses and have solo'd pretty much all of the chronicles with ranger.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

my piggie dies within 3-5 hits from last boss of QG.
    wtf are you feeding yours?!?!

Rift Disciple

I soloing every chronicles in 61 assassin, probably the fastest out of all rogue souls. Recently had a bet with my guildie to finish every lvl 60 chronicles under 45 mins, finished in about 40 minutes. Tier 1 gear, no quests, no chests, just speed runs. Try to beat this

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    my piggie dies within 3-5 hits from last boss of QG.
    wtf are you feeding yours?!?!
    Spinach

And keeping the HoT up on it pretty much as soon as it starts getting hit.

... though if your pig's dying at all its probably because you were not dealing with inyr's mechanics.

Kill the little pulsing earth crystals around you/piggy and LoS the big blue pulsing ones (or interrupt her blue cast... i find killing the crystals easier)

A bit of pet management goes a long way, and she doesn't move anyway.

Though I think i typically use the raptor on inyr. The lizard keeps itself alive most of the time.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 02-02-2014 at 11:31 PM.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Default assassin

Assassin is quite good for almost all encounters and can skip the trash mobs if you feel so. Queens gambit is less than 7-8mins for example. 61sin/11rs/4mm (basically my pvp assassin) - dual vamp essence, lethal/malicious/leeching. On the queen you can heal yourself by killing pillars/adds. As bonus the build has excellent movement speed.

The build lacks interrupt so you can't solo Russila in hard mode (bard+interrupt is your best friend and you can fail any mechanics as long as you are not thrown out of the ship + if you use assassin you can slip away to reset the boss after clearing the deck with). Depending on your gear you may kill Laethis in hard mode (ignore adds, kill the boss - but requires raid gear for this). Assassin can be used on most hard modes in aftermath chronicle, again bard with interrupt on the robot with slugs allows you to fail most lasers and live.

Last, tactician is the easiest build on Laethis solo hard mode.
    Last edited by xxs; 02-03-2014 at 12:20 AM.

8 rift stalker 4 tactician and you can put the rest of the points whereever you want and it will be a good solo spec.

I personally prefer blade dancer, and soloing all of them including hardmodes on all encounters take me around 40 minutes.

Shadowlander

I must agree, that 61 assasin is easiest/FASTEST on every boss, exept on hive boss twins need to use ranger to get interrupt and range shot other boss (with shield on, yes you can do it) Also with 61SIN u can skip alot things with stealth with never ends, this build is also good to collect artifact and hidden chest there without kill mobs.

I have also other build what is based sin/nb my own mixure build(slackers build) where have only one button for st and one button for aoe and it do with thet one button st dps 12k and aoe dps 30k+(on dummy) so this one i use on trash, then when lazy i use it on easy bosses also. it has also range of 30meter/20meter(with finnisher) what can do about 10k+ dps
    This build has 2 self healings(from nb and sin), so it can survive most cases np. Dont use saboteur on cronicle it will probally die very fast.

Slowest build is probally bard or tank. and after that ranger couse lack of dps. a 61sin can do over 18k dps easly while ranger strugle on 12-15k dps with proper rotatios
    Last edited by Rikuz; 02-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikuz View Post
    *snipe*
    Please dont give bad advise, half of the suggestions you make in this is just wrong, and the other half bad.

Ascendant

soloing is slow, especially on hard mode. First boss in ID on hard mode will take you ages to pass.

Try to search on lvl 60 chat for teammate, there's lots of players doing chronicles, because there's a small chance to get Frozen Stone Eclipse which is used to buy T2 raid armor parts.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I currently use 51 BD / 21 RS / 4 Tact to solo the chronicles. I have no T1 gear except a dagger and it works out just fine.

I think it's Seatin's build, I could be wrong though. It is a little more complicated due to managing your dances, but if your friend can manage, I suggest that.

If he can't manage a build like that or doesn't have Tact, then I would look at some of the suggestions above as they all seem to be pretty good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    soloing is slow, especially on hard mode. First boss in ID on hard mode will take you ages to pass.

Try to search on lvl 60 chat for teammate, there's lots of players doing chronicles, because there's a small chance to get Frozen Stone Eclipse which is used to buy T2 raid armor parts.
    iunno, soloing HM Mak has always been easier for me than doing it with someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    I currently use 51 BD / 21 RS / 4 Tact to solo the chronicles. I have no T1 gear except a dagger and it works out just fine.

I think it's Seatin's build, I could be wrong though. It is a little more complicated due to managing your dances, but if your friend can manage, I suggest that.

If he can't manage a build like that or doesn't have Tact, then I would look at some of the suggestions above as they all seem to be pretty good choices.
    Could not edit due to timer. But my credit was wrong and I apologize to Muspel.

This is not Seatin's build, it is Muspel's and it's:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ing-build.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast