+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PvE - where are the levelling guides

Soulwalker

Default Rogue PvE - where are the levelling guides

Would like to know why everyone posts max level guides.

Where are the guides that post advice on Macros / builds per level?

IE.

[Level 5]
    Build
    Macros
    Advice / rotation

[Level 15]
    Build
    Macros
    Advice / rotation

[Level 20]
    ...etc

By max level haven't you garnered enough experience that guides are largely a "nicety" rather than "real assistance" which I'd think would be the point of a guide?

For example, I like assassin - and my experience with Macros has been such that they help clear up my cluttered action bar, improve dps, and allow for more agile use of the utility abilities - but I'm having trouble creating them successfully (read an unclear guide on macros - didn't help a great deal).

Thanks for any input.

because getting to 50 is trivial and almost anything works, and getting 50-60 is even easier than is used to be

There are a few leveling guides out there. For Rogue 50+ there's Muspel's Bladedancer and Granpa's Knock You Out. For pre-50, put 4 in Tactician, 8 in Riftstalker, and the rest in anything you like.

Or read and use a max level guide and just take out any abilities you don't have yet.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    because getting to 50 is trivial and almost anything works, and getting 50-60 is even easier than is used to be

There are a few leveling guides out there. For Rogue 50+ there's Muspel's Bladedancer and Granpa's Knock You Out. For pre-50, put 4 in Tactician, 8 in Riftstalker, and the rest in anything you like.

Or read and use a max level guide and just take out any abilities you don't have yet.
    Ok - thanks for the reply

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    because getting to 50 is trivial and almost anything works,
    Kind of disagree to a certain extent.
    Whilst you can certainly get there, that journey is where you will pick up all the bad habits and if not careful will miss out things like how new abilities synergise with existing ones and how rotations etc need to change and adapt.
    Still daunting for the new player to get it right all the way through.

+ Reply to Thread