+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gery

Thread: Why did riftstalkers lose their targeted teleport?

Default Why did riftstalkers lose their targeted teleport?

Just curious. Was this game balance? Ran out of space in tree? Exploits? I miss it so much when out artifact hunting.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Just curious. Was this game balance? Ran out of space in tree? Exploits? I miss it so much when out artifact hunting.
    That ability was too strong for rogues. So it was buffed by making it ogcd and having its cooldown virtually removed, then it was given to riftblades instead.

I followed your link (which led to another link and followed that) for a while.

Somewhere along the line you said something about there being no kite-intensive fight.

There was, it was the original Vladmal fight where the rhino/Arcane Lifter mobs were only root/snarable, immune to taunts, had an unfeasibly high amount of hp to be killed regularly, and wrecked tanks if you had more than one on you. and after testing it was deemed much too difficult to pull off on the platform and so the stuff was re-tuned and the whole kite-encounter idea probably scrapped indefinitely.

The only thing we have going for us as rogue tanks is that we have the most # of personal CDs currently (which i hear is subject to change in the future)

Our "mobility" is a garbage argument, though one that's brought up all the time and considered utility for whatever reason. The only encounter currently where RS ports are even remotely useful is Volan, where you could go from 3 tanks to 2 if you had a RS or a RS Hybrid.

Nearly all the arguments where RS ports are useful are pvp based, which is still fairly ridiculous seeing as how any and all carried objectives suppress nearly all rogue teleports and movement boosts like On the Double (but not certain movement options for other classes... like inquisitor's )

Our 'mobility' is a featured utility that's not useful anywhere that matters.

What do you use ports for while tanking? Refreshing your shield and planar vortex while standing still in front of the boss. /dur

What do you use ports for in PvP? ... uh... nothing? You have Shadow Shift which adds a smidge of mobility to any spec you want, and that's about it. You're a wasted slot if you step foot into a warfront as a 61 RS. 32pt RS hybrids are pretty much only a real threat in open world pvp... and there's a TON of that these days.

I'm not saying i want shadow warp back, merely that the argument that we're much too mobile is ridiculous seeing as how its disabled anywhere where it would actually offer a tangible advantage.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Chaser

I heard somewhere that it got removed for the same reasons that Thunderous Leap got disabled outside of PvP.

Of course, that doesn't make sense when Riftblades still have Rift Travel, so I have no idea why.
    Last edited by ginc; 01-30-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

Somewhere along the line you said something about there being no kite-intensive fight.

There was, it was the original Vladmal fight where the rhino/Arcane Lifter mobs were only root/snarable, immune to taunts, had an unfeasibly high amount of hp to be killed regularly, and wrecked tanks if you had more than one on you. and after testing it was deemed much too difficult to pull off on the platform and so the stuff was re-tuned and the whole kite-encounter idea probably scrapped indefinitely.

The only thing we have going for us as rogue tanks is that we have the most # of personal CDs currently (which i hear is subject to change in the future)

Our "mobility" is a garbage argument, though one that's brought up all the time and considered utility for whatever reason. The only encounter currently where RS ports are even remotely useful is Volan, where you could go from 3 tanks to 2 if you had a RS or a RS Hybrid.

Nearly all the arguments where RS ports are useful are pvp based, which is still fairly ridiculous seeing as how any and all carried objectives suppress nearly all rogue teleports and movement boosts like On the Double (but not certain movement options for other classes... like inquisitor's )

Our 'mobility' is a featured utility that's not useful anywhere that matters.

What do you use ports for while tanking? Refreshing your shield and planar vortex while standing still in front of the boss. /dur

What do you use ports for in PvP? ... uh... nothing? You have Shadow Shift which adds a smidge of mobility to any spec you want, and that's about it. You're a wasted slot if you step foot into a warfront as a 61 RS. 32pt RS hybrids are pretty much only a real threat in open world pvp... and there's a TON of that these days.

I'm not saying i want shadow warp back, merely that the argument that we're much too mobile is ridiculous seeing as how its disabled anywhere where it would actually offer a tangible advantage.
    It's an issue of mobility being too binary of utility. If they add fights where Riftstalker is the only tank that can feasibly pull it off because of its mobility, no other tank even has a shot because none of them have teleports. It would be similar to the issue that all but required a cleric tank for Laethys.

I agree, in general, that the mobility is not a balance consideration, just an aspect of Riftstalker tanking that sometimes helps to counter the lack of ranged threat.

Funny thing is, I mostly used that teleport for artifact and cairn hunting.

Although I have been able to jump some impressive gaps in buildings if there was something I could target that I could jump to within 20m of.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

I think you may have missed one of the most relevant parts of the link: this discussion was hot in October, 2012. You're waaaaaaaaaay late to be trying to get back a skill that was removed before Storm Legion.

The answer I recall, which may not have satisfied everybody, was that they wanted to do other stuff with the soul and wanted to reclaim that space. There's still four teleports (including memory capture), and IMO SW was the least useful because you had to click where you wanted to land (extra time, more likelihood for error).

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    There's still four teleports (including memory capture), and IMO SW was the least useful because you had to click where you wanted to land (extra time, more likelihood for error).
    I'd much rather have Shadow Wrap then Shadow Shift though

I'm not saying i want shadow warp back...
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    You're waaaaaaaaaay late to be trying to get back a skill that was removed before Storm Legion.
    Hmmmm.
    Last edited by Fudily; 01-30-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

If I got a penny every time someone doesn't actually read the entire post before replying to it...
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread