+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: NB/SIN (pvp?) spec used

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default NB/SIN (pvp?) spec used

    Hi,

    I was wondering what the NB/SIN spec is that a lot of Rogues have been using lately in PvP/WF's?

    It's the one where they can do massive amounts in damage in a short time, while retaining good survivability.

    Is that the 35/41 'Gery' build, or something else?
    This is Gery's: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

    But that is/seems focussed on PvE. So perhaps there is another build which is used more for PvP.One person I spoke to was a 40 NB build for example.

    Anyway, does somebody know and have a link to such a build?

    Thanks!
    f2p (2013-2014): ZevZevv, Deepwood, Defiant, Rogue
    Pre-f2p (2011): Zeven, Spitescar, Guardian, Rogue

  2. #2
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    So disclaimer, I haven't tried it, but you can take a look at Virral's video. And disclaimer, I haven't looked at the macros or build just saw it in passing, so use judgement

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w8ayKr-tZQ
    Last edited by Fudge; 01-29-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I'm not yet lvl 60, but at 57 I'm using what will become this build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...99l5o/yh4BWlky

    I've had a lot of success with it and enjoy it immensely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I heard Walsingham has "<3 Amanda Fry" engraved on his sippy cup.
    /spread rumors
    Anyone that says I have an Amary screensaver is just making things up. I just don't. I mean, it would go nicely with my Amary desktop and my custom Amary keyboard, but it just isn't true!

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    To be honest, I dont understand either build.
    Virals is just forgetting passive damage boosts and getting focus on fiery spike, wtf?
    Yours is simply neglecting finisher damage and take 4 points into builder damage but
    forgets blackout, wich is an immense damage add in longer fights.
    What weapon improvements you use? Poisons from Sin or fire enchants from NB?
    Why you boosting both? The 90% from enhanced weapon enchantments wont be counted on
    poisons - as well as Poison Mastery wont be counted on fire enchantments. At least I thought so -
    if that aint true, forget my remarks.
    You will want to have Debilitating Poison from Sin as this drains melee targets pretty fast ooe.
    Backstab is a high damage attack from behind, would take that one too.
    Death from the shadows is probably worse than openers Sin offers (like stun or bleed or even
    Assassinate).
    As I said, I dont understand either build.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    To be honest, I dont understand either build.
    Virals is just forgetting passive damage boosts and getting focus on fiery spike, wtf?
    Yours is simply neglecting finisher damage and take 4 points into builder damage but
    forgets blackout, wich is an immense damage add in longer fights.
    What weapon improvements you use? Poisons from Sin or fire enchants from NB?
    Why you boosting both? The 90% from enhanced weapon enchantments wont be counted on
    poisons - as well as Poison Mastery wont be counted on fire enchantments. At least I thought so -
    if that aint true, forget my remarks.
    You will want to have Debilitating Poison from Sin as this drains melee targets pretty fast ooe.
    Backstab is a high damage attack from behind, would take that one too.
    Death from the shadows is probably worse than openers Sin offers (like stun or bleed or even
    Assassinate).
    As I said, I dont understand either build.
    My build is not men t for long fights, so I don't need points in blackout, and so instead I focus on the combo builders, which is more of my overall damage.

    Weapon Enchantments are poisons, leeching and lethal. Poisons are counted as weapon enchantments, but NS flames are not considered poisons.

    I don't use any assassin openers due to range. As well as having no +PhysDmg boosts. Adding fiery spike in the open allows me to save that GCD for something more painful. (typically I open: EW>DfS>TF>SoD>DtD into melee spam and fire finishers.)

    The build favors quick engagement against soft targets (the 15sec timer from stealth attacks). The range from NS abilities let me kite other melee easily and engage targets that 61ASN simply can't.

    I could grab Debilitating poison, but it would lose me 2% overall damage, and I'd have to sacrifice either 5% crit or the small heals. Some people would easily trade leeching, but I have been saved by it many times so I decided to keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I heard Walsingham has "<3 Amanda Fry" engraved on his sippy cup.
    /spread rumors
    Anyone that says I have an Amary screensaver is just making things up. I just don't. I mean, it would go nicely with my Amary desktop and my custom Amary keyboard, but it just isn't true!

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I would go sth like that - no testing tho, as I prefer NB/RS and AS/RS builds over NB/AS.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...i8D0/yh4BBaG2y
    Last edited by Feimerdre; 02-05-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

  7. #7
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Play sin or mm. Anything to do with NB is a waste of time.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    You are just a babbling waste of time.
    NS performs more than great in warfronts. If you dont seem to get the point how to play
    them it doesnt mean they are bad.
    A well played NS can take out almost any target he picks. And live long enough to get out again.
    A well played NS can also be flag killer no1 if RS skilled.
    Tempest? A joke.
    I can kill like 3 targets in a row with NB. Dunno whats your point anyways.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

  9. #9
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    You are just a babbling waste of time.
    NS performs more than great in warfronts. If you dont seem to get the point how to play
    them it doesnt mean they are bad.
    A well played NS can take out almost any target he picks. And live long enough to get out again.
    A well played NS can also be flag killer no1 if RS skilled.
    Tempest? A joke.
    I can kill like 3 targets in a row with NB. Dunno whats your point anyways.
    EU shards. Point invalid.

    Buff NB.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  10. #10
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    You are just a babbling waste of time.
    NS performs more than great in warfronts. If you dont seem to get the point how to play
    them it doesnt mean they are bad.
    A well played NS can take out almost any target he picks. And live long enough to get out again.
    A well played NS can also be flag killer no1 if RS skilled.
    Tempest? A joke.
    I can kill like 3 targets in a row with NB. Dunno whats your point anyways.
    Killing 3 people in a row as NB just shows how absolutely abysmal the player base is on EU shards. NB is by far the worst soul in the game, and without a SIGNIFICANT buff, it isn't even remotely viable against competent players.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_PRX View Post
    Hi,

    I was wondering what the NB/SIN spec is that a lot of Rogues have been using lately in PvP/WF's?

    It's the one where they can do massive amounts in damage in a short time, while retaining good survivability.

    Is that the 35/41 'Gery' build, or something else?
    This is Gery's: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

    But that is/seems focussed on PvE. So perhaps there is another build which is used more for PvP.One person I spoke to was a 40 NB build for example.

    Anyway, does somebody know and have a link to such a build?

    Thanks!
    NB/SIN is a raid pve spec, all those guides are for raiding. NB/SIN hybrid is terrible in pvp.

    Go full 61 nb, or full 61 sin for pvp, only decen NB hybrid in pvp would be the old school nb/rs.

  12. #12
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andross View Post
    NB/SIN is a raid pve spec, all those guides are for raiding. NB/SIN hybrid is terrible in pvp.

    Go full 61 nb, or full 61 sin for pvp, only decen NB hybrid in pvp would be the old school nb/rs.
    Not necessarily true.

    I have and usually do find myself running my own variant of NB/Sin against some warrior heavy matches, and heavy healing with peels, simply because it allows me to run a very heavy damage ranged build, with a stun and energy drain, from range. With, realistically, the only alternative being a MM/Sin hybrid, which is decidedly trash since they nerfed the Synergy with RFS+EW.

    During malice+DM, it's normal for me to push well into 4-5k damage per TF.

    It's rather niche, and not something I'ld recommend for anyone with limited role slots, but it plays distinctly differently then most other builds, and is certainly not easy to play.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  13. #13
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Not necessarily true.

    I have and usually do find myself running my own variant of NB/Sin against some warrior heavy matches, and heavy healing with peels, simply because it allows me to run a very heavy damage ranged build, with a stun and energy drain, from range. With, realistically, the only alternative being a MM/Sin hybrid, which is decidedly trash since they nerfed the Synergy with RFS+EW.

    During malice+DM, it's normal for me to push well into 4-5k damage per TF.

    It's rather niche, and not something I'ld recommend for anyone with limited role slots, but it plays distinctly differently then most other builds, and is certainly not easy to play.
    I don't think you'll outperform a proper 61 NB PVP build with that raid hybrid, but if you're comfy playing it, by all means, have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  14. #14
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I don't think you'll outperform a proper 61 NB PVP build with that raid hybrid, but if you're comfy playing it, by all means, have at it.
    Depends what I need it for.

    It's infinitely more useful during cross-heal heavy matches, and against other assassins, then NB.

    If there exists a reason why NB's burst is insufficient to get a kill each and every time (Multiple sents, or a couple good sents, defilers, a good defiler, puris, too many warlords, warrior guard) this spec pulls ahead because it's mana drain utility is vastly superior to NBs, and is still comboed with appreciatively high damage, with psuedo range, and slip away/TT for survival.

    It's not the raid hybrid, it's a different variant, and it's not remotely as viable in all content as 61 sin or nb, but it has it's place as a very potent tool alongside the other specs you can carry.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 02-06-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Sulfuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feimerdre View Post
    To be honest, I dont understand either build.
    Virals is just forgetting passive damage boosts and getting focus on fiery spike, wtf?
    Nothing wrong with the build going towards fiery spike. Works great in pvp and I have the build focused towards a certain play style. Also nb/sin is a viable pvp spec, when I run it I wreck with it. Yes NB will have superior burst but nb/sin has it's perks.

    Rift Youtube Channel Rogue/Warrior PvP Guides/WFs - http://www.youtube.com/user/VirralzRiftPVP
    Virral@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED
    Virrallol@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED
    Virralqt@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts