+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Crithappens
  • 1 Post By ilex011

Thread: Newbie rogue stats question

Soulwalker

Default Newbie rogue stats question

Hello everyone! I've been playing RIFT on-and-off for about a month now, just hit level 25 and have some questions about how my character is progressing. I'm playing as a Huntsman (preset), focusing on PvE, and I understand that dexterity is the most important stat to focus on, with strength and endurance as secondary stats. My toon seems to do pretty well in normal dungeons and the like, but I'm curious whether she could be better.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some pointers about how I should be progressing my character at this point, and whether my stats line up with where I should be at level 25. Or, if there's a guide that I'm missing that explains this, could you point me in that direction?

I've attached a screen of my stats - thanks in advance for any help/advice!Newbie rogue stats question-riftstats.jpg

Soulwalker

Just make sure you Get Dex and ATT (the ones on green) they are your main 2 areas that a Rouge uses

Soulwalker

I guess what I'm wondering is, in other games there are "tiers" of gear once you hit certain levels (i.e., lvl 28 gear, lvl 40 gear, etc...). I'm aware of "dungeon gear" and "raid gear" at higher levels, but up until that point do I have to worry about that? Or, is the gear I get from questing/planarite sufficient until I start trying to obtain the dungeon and raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by dumediat View Post
    I guess what I'm wondering is, in other games there are "tiers" of gear once you hit certain levels (i.e., lvl 28 gear, lvl 40 gear, etc...). I'm aware of "dungeon gear" and "raid gear" at higher levels, but up until that point do I have to worry about that? Or, is the gear I get from questing/planarite sufficient until I start trying to obtain the dungeon and raid gear?
    Gear really doesn't make much of a difference until high levels. For now your spec and how you play it will be the biggest factors that affect your performance.

Having said that, stop using that preset and use a real build. There's plenty of guides here on the forums.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Having said that, stop using that preset and use a real build. There's plenty of guides here on the forums.
    Thanks for the advice - will look into one!

Quote Originally Posted by dumediat View Post
    Thanks for the advice - will look into one!
    Check out Muspel's guides- they are incredibly helpful.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Check out Muspel's guides- they are incredibly helpful.
    Thanks a bunch - helped out a lot! Just switched to a Marksman build and already noticed a HUGE difference.

+ Reply to Thread