+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shadow shift is bugged again!!!!

Rift Disciple

Default Shadow shift is bugged again!!!!

Like once a month I have to post about you guys ****ing up this ability. Every time you use it, it removes you from stealth now. It's the same ****ing bug again, and again, and again.

Again: no, it doesn't. I just tested it five seconds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Again: no, it doesn't. I just tested it five seconds ago.
    Actually it's odd, was pvping in Cq, slipped away, hidden veil up, shadow shifted and it broke me.

Tested it after dieing due to losing stealth at the spawn, and it didn't break.

I can't reproduce it, but I have noticed it occasionally now since I started ganking in CQ that something is causing it to bug out.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Actually it's odd, was pvping in Cq, slipped away, hidden veil up, shadow shifted and it broke me.

Tested it after dieing due to losing stealth at the spawn, and it didn't break.

I can't reproduce it, but I have noticed it occasionally now since I started ganking in CQ that something is causing it to bug out.
    It depends if there is an event in stillmore on the shard the conquest is being held...

Rift Disciple

Yea, this is some how connected with zone events. For example, using shadow shift during "Awakening" zone event in dendrome will get you out of stealth. Very annoying and would be nice to see this fixed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vexil View Post
    Yea, this is some how connected with zone events. For example, using shadow shift during "Awakening" zone event in dendrome will get you out of stealth. Very annoying and would be nice to see this fixed.
    That makes sense I was doing PvP quests in Dendrome and that is how I found out it was bugged again. I tested it 20 times and all 20 times it broke stealth.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

I haven't changed anything with Shadow Shift since I took over as class dev. However, that doesn't mean that there can't be environmental effects going on during some zone events that causes it to happen. Compile a list in this thread and I'll pass it off to QA to test.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    It depends if there is an event in stillmore on the shard the conquest is being held...
    Need to explain this more. CQ is on it's own server isn't it? I didn't think it had anything to do with normal play servers? But I'm not a dev so idk.
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

You lose stealth if you leave the immediate vicinity of Aurentine Palace, probably because of a thing that's supposed to wipe any Storm Legion Uniform you might have.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

There seems to be some coding problem with shadow shift. I'm not sure about other teleport abilities but every time shadow shift is used it will trigger update on zone quest (chronicles quest, zone events etc) and in some case it will make you lose stealth, or create fps lag spike. This might be the core of the issue.

Plane Walker

works just fine

There seems to be some coding problem with shadow shift. I'm not sure about other teleport abilities but every time shadow shift is used it will trigger update on zone quest (chronicles quest, zone events etc) and in some case it will make you lose stealth, or create fps lag spike. This might be the core of the issue.
    This has happened with every teleport ability for some time now, from Riftstalker, Riftblade, Druid, Harbinger, etc.

Soulwalker

Didn't notice any issues till tonight. Used Stealth then Shadow Shift while testing on a dummy but came out to Dendrome to do the dailies in Greenscale's Crater and it indeed is pulling me out of stealth every time now.

I know for a fact this didn't use to happen because I've ran through here numerous times using Stealth and SS but now all of sudden it isn't working right.

Soulwalker

Update: The event The Awakening was going on while testing above. Event was pretty much done when I finished quests so stuck around the crater until event was over. Tested just before event was over and it broke stealth. Immediately after event was over it did not break stealth.

Rift Disciple

I'm not 100% certain but it seems that started happening around the time a fix was made so memory capture stopped sending you back to your home shard when visiting another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast