+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a 'go to' Tact build for soloing?

Default Is there a 'go to' Tact build for soloing?

Hi all,

Ive read a couple Tact guides here on the forums, but still can't decide whats going to be best for soloing Chronicle, running Invasions, etc.

Both the 61 Tact and the 44/32 build look great, but both are described at Raid environment builds.

Can anyone suggest one of the build for the content Im looking at, or perhaps suggest another Tact build for it?

Thanks Kindly.

Well... Tactician is a terrible choice for invasions, first off, because Torrents do not benefit from Fury of the Ascended.

For chronicles, it's also generally not worth using due to its low damage compared to other soloing builds, unless you're dealing with an encounter where the sole concern is staying alive and there's no DPS race at all (for instance, it can be useful if you're doing the first boss of the Planebreaker chronicle on hardmode). In that situation, use 61 Tact. The subsouls don't matter all that much, so you can allocate them depending on whether you want extra survivability or damage.

I appreciate the reply, I didn't know about Torrents not being affected by Fury.

Is there another solo build you would recommend in place of a Tact build?

I did notice the Bladedancer soloing guide in your sig, that looks a bit overwhelming though.
    Last edited by Vaelfear; 01-23-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfear View Post
    I appreciate the reply, I didn't know about Torrents not being affected by Fury.

Is there another solo build you would recommend in place of a Tact build?

I did notice the Bladedancer soloing guide in your sig, that looks a bit overwhelming though.
    For invasions, 61Sab/4Tact/11RS is best, as only targeted abilities are affected by Fury, and Sab has the strongest targeted AoE of the rogue souls.

For non-invasion soloing, Bladedancer is the strongest build by far, with the exception of soloing a small handful of hardmode chronicle bosses. For them, you'll either want 61 Tact or 61 Marksman/11RS/4Tact, depending on whether you need more healing or the ability to root/kite.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-23-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    For invasions, 61Sab/4Tact/11RS is best, as only targeted abilities are affected by Fury, and Sab has the strongest targeted AoE of the rogue souls.

For non-invasion soloing, Bladedancer is the strongest build by far, with the exception of soloing a small handful of hardmode chronicle bosses. For them, you'll either want 61 Tact or 61 Marksman/11RS/4Tact, depending on whether you need more healing or the ability to root/kite.
    Sorry to hijack, but what exactly is the benefit of hard mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic240 View Post
    More challenge, better loot?
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    More challenge, better loot?
    Didn't know the loot was better.

Didn't know the loot was better.
    Not sure if the actual gear drops are different, but you get some more FES or something like that, i dont do them enough to pay attention to what you get, but i know you get something better on hardmodes
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

You get some bonus expert marks (and an achievement). It's mainly for the challenge of it, rather than the rewards.

Soulwalker

I use Tactician (58) / Marksman (10) / Riftstalker (8) for soloing. I didn't bother trying to min max and find theoretical situations when necrotic torrent is useful, and curative torrent is just horrible. Neither were on my bar, so I ditched them completely after a while, filled out increased firepower instead.

Only real irritating thing about this build is that after using it a while, mobs don't spawn in big enough groups for your liking... and fighting things 1 at a time feels like a waste of your time.

Ascendant

58 tact, 14 bard , 4 rs
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Touched

TactMan used to be the "go to" Tact build, but they changed how torrents work so there can be lots of energy drain.

As a general idea of what it was, take a look at this.

Soulwalker

For soloing, "The Martian" is great. Link.

Plane Touched

The Martian is a good build, very similar to what I was suggesting.

In both cases, it was significantly weakened a few point releases ago when they overhauled Tac.

The Martian does mention one very important point: almost nothing procs off of torrents. This includes damage/heal essences, Assassin poisons, Marksman munitions, trinkets, etc.

The explanation I've heard is that those all need a targeted skill, and torrents are not targeted. I'm not sure I buy it, because other "untargeted" skills don't work that way. For example, Flourish can proc the healing essences and SHOE trinkets.

+ Reply to Thread