+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Level 60 Rogue

Plane Touched

Default New Level 60 Rogue

So I just recently hit 60 on my rogue and have been working on gear. However, the main spec I want to focus on is tanking, and as such I try to queue for it, but I get nothing but insults at me for the low HP in experts. Right now, my stats are:

Toughness: 400
    Dodge: 1294
    Parry: 945
    Deflect: 1637
    Hit Points: 36,870
    Armor: 54,267

I'm looking to improve on my gear, obviously. However, it seems I can only queue as DPS and hope to finish an Expert with little to no crap being thrown at me. Holding aggro is not an issue, and in fact after many groups get done insulting me, they compliment me on my quick reflexes and maintaining aggro (what can I say? I tanked for WoW from Burning Crusade on!).

I'm curious as to what items I should focus on in terms of gear. Should I prioritize upgrading the items I have no, or should I do something else? And I am certainly interested in suggestions for Expert gear I should aim for. Also, what stats should I prioritize?

Thanks!

There's crafted items you can buy that should help a bit. (Helm, belt, rings, seal)
    Finishing your core with glorified/venerated tank lessers will definitely help. (As well as the rep cape)
    Other than that it's pretty much up to gear farming experts over and over.

Plane Touched

are you sure you're using the correct spec? if you have 400 toughness you have at least 4 pieces of expert tanking gear so it's anomalous that you hp would be so low. all I can figure is that you're using some silly homebrew spec instead of 61rs/8rng/7bard.

Have you put endurance runes on every slot they're available for?

That health pool is just to low. That low means more than likely only a puri could heal you cause some boss mechs hit harder than your health pool can handle. You can get 45k easy with crafted gear some 1/2 decent runes and crappy blue core and junk blue tank gear. 45k is like my limit on hp pools when i heal an expert. Anything lower is just more hastle than its worth.

+ Reply to Thread