+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogue - Melee Pvp. Help!

Default Rogue - Melee Pvp. Help!

Hello, so I play a Rogue in Rift and I am a huge fan of PvP. But since I started to play this game and my Rogue, I've had hard decisions what Soul/Specc/Talent Tree I should play as.

I don't like Ranger or Marksman, cause that isn't my type of play style. I wanna be in the fight with the big guys and fight as a melee, but I have hard decisions what soul tree I should play.

So I need help and answers about Nightblade, Bladedancer or Assassin. What specc do you play? Or maybe you play a hybrid build of does? Anything that can help and motivate me to play as a melee in pvp.

Thank You. Best regards Korruz.

I play 61 sin, 11 mm, 4 rs. My other build 61 sin, 3 mm 12 nb. squishy like hell, but it has better damage.

Lot play 61 sin, with BD for interrupt and silence and run speed.

I cant see the reason for hybrids, maybe for duelling. If not 61 sin, you loose 1 poison damage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Korruz View Post
    Hello, so I play a Rogue in Rift and I am a huge fan of PvP. But since I started to play this game and my Rogue, I've had hard decisions what Soul/Specc/Talent Tree I should play as.

I don't like Ranger or Marksman, cause that isn't my type of play style. I wanna be in the fight with the big guys and fight as a melee, but I have hard decisions what soul tree I should play.

So I need help and answers about Nightblade, Bladedancer or Assassin. What specc do you play? Or maybe you play a hybrid build of does? Anything that can help and motivate me to play as a melee in pvp.

Thank You. Best regards Korruz.
    61 sin and Nightblade + Riftstalker is better for pvp. Bladedancer is good for pve, but in pvp when most of the time you have to chasing butts, Nightblade is better.

But the rogue melee playstyle is not "fight the big guys" on the frontal line like warrior, unless you playing as a tank, which is rarely usefull in pvp. Unless your Nightblade rogue has a pocket heal stick on his butt, your playstyle is more about stalk around - pick up victim - jump in - slash slash slash - vanish - stalk around. Specially as a squishy assasin, your best use is away from the chaos. You are not a blood thirsty warrior who charge into the battle ground, ram his head on every target he can tab like a crazy boar. You are an opportune, cool head wolf stay in the dark, watching the tide and pick up its time to jump in.
    Last edited by Thorhend; 01-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorhend View Post
    61 sin and Nightblade + Riftstalker is better for pvp. Bladedancer is good for pve, but in pvp when most of the time you have to chasing butts, Nightblade is better.

But the rogue melee playstyle is not "fight the big guys" on the frontal line like warrior, unless you playing as a tank, which is rarely usefull in pvp. Unless your Nightblade rogue has a pocket heal stick on his butt, your playstyle is more about stalk around - pick up victim - jump in - slash slash slash - vanish - stalk around. Specially as a squishy assasin, your best use is away from the chaos. You are not a blood thirsty warrior who charge into the battle ground, ram his head on every target he can tab like a crazy boar. You are an opportune, cool head wolf stay in the dark, watching the tide and pick up its time to jump in.
    Well you have a good point there, about how squishy the rogue really is when they go more into the damage tree. But it's kinda sad how Bladedancer doesn't work that well in pvp. Cause that specc has everything it needs for a perfect pvp specc. Interrupt (5 sec silence) - Sprint - Disarm - those burst cooldowns - defensive pose - charge and really good AoE (Area of Effect).
    Warrior - Korruz "Ghost" Alt
    Rogue - Amahild "Ghost" Alt
    Cleric - Spive "Ghost" Officer

NB sucks and needs a significant buff to become viable.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Agree dps is kind a way to low.As far as I can say for now "new to Rift" developers don't care much about pvp and solo pvp....

Rift Disciple

lol you keep thinking that

Quote Originally Posted by Archongamer View Post
    lol you keep thinking that
    It's simply a fact, deal with it.

Soulwalker

I am currently level 57, so I'm not 100% sure my builds are min/max enough to be considered good, but I'm having success and a ton of fun with these two:

NB(40)/ASN(33)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...9l5o/yh4BGlnEw
    which becomes at level 60:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...99l5o/yh4BWlky

RS(41)/ASN(32)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...ikhiYw/ykwa5i2
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...9hoFh0/ykwa5i2

The first one is for being stealthy and burning down one target and slipping away, or being at range and applying sustained damage.

The second is for being in the middle of the enemy team as disruptive as possible. The stealth is only really there for a good escape and/or sneaking into position before starting shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I heard Walsingham has "<3 Amanda Fry" engraved on his sippy cup.
    /spread rumors
    Anyone that says I have an Amary screensaver is just making things up. I just don't. I mean, it would go nicely with my Amary desktop and my custom Amary keyboard, but it just isn't true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    I play 61 sin, 11 mm, 4 rs. My other build 61 sin, 3 mm 12 nb. squishy like hell, but it has better damage.

Lot play 61 sin, with BD for interrupt and silence and run speed.

I cant see the reason for hybrids, maybe for duelling. If not 61 sin, you loose 1 poison damage.
    ^ pretty much sums it up. I've tried various Sin builds and the only one that seems to work well in pugs is 61 sin, 11 RS, 4 MM. I queue solo so I don't have the luxury of a pocket healer and most pugs have limited healing, if any. A few extra hp along with boosted recovery and phantom blow helps me take a few more hits.

Rift Disciple

You surely made my day m8.

But of course, its always the others....
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Defiant Warrior R82, Cleric R78, Rogue R71, Mage R58, Guardian Rogue L57 R55
    There are enough PvE achievements in other signatures - serve yourself there

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    ^ pretty much sums it up. I've tried various Sin builds and the only one that seems to work well in pugs is 61 sin, 11 RS, 4 MM. I queue solo so I don't have the luxury of a pocket healer and most pugs have limited healing, if any. A few extra hp along with boosted recovery and phantom blow helps me take a few more hits.
    11rs/4mm works for me. nearing 34k hp unbuffed w/this spec (fully geared though), with c&d for the 15% incoming damage reduction, slip away, on the double, shadow shift, shadow assault, 15-20% speed boost with swift/hasted shot when you want it, and your 30m charge into or away from a fight using someone closer to your team, it's an extremely mobile/safe spec to play solo queued and you can play up a dps role or solo gank, whatever you want really.
    Last edited by ecru; 02-04-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCorruption View Post
    I am currently level 57, so I'm not 100% sure my builds are min/max enough to be considered good, but I'm having success and a ton of fun with these two:

NB(40)/ASN(33)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...9l5o/yh4BGlnEw
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...99l5o/yh4BWlky

RS(41)/ASN(32)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...ikhiYw/ykwa5i2
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A...9hoFh0/ykwa5i2

The first one is for being stealthy and burning down one target and slipping away, or being at range and applying sustained damage.

The second is for being in the middle of the enemy team as disruptive as possible. The stealth is only really there for a good escape and/or sneaking into position before starting shenanigans.
    Deep RS builds are trash in pvp, where do you get this stuff from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You're using the correct Sin pvp build, good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Deep RS builds are trash in pvp, where do you get this stuff from?
    It's not meant to do a ton of damage. (If you notice, you are supposed to have Guardian Phase up.) It's meant to do enough damage to distract healers and squishy ranged so your team can have an easier time, and live to tell the tale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I heard Walsingham has "<3 Amanda Fry" engraved on his sippy cup.
    /spread rumors
    Anyone that says I have an Amary screensaver is just making things up. I just don't. I mean, it would go nicely with my Amary desktop and my custom Amary keyboard, but it just isn't true!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast