+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP - Best in Slot Runes

Default PVP - Best in Slot Runes

So, I found http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4360742 this post from July. Just looking at pure stats many appear to be better than the PvP ones flat out (seriously depressing) and appears to require a LOT of PVE for different factions. Is this list still valid? I looked at a wiki too and they appear to have the same ones listed...

For example, the cape one, the one I have is the PvP one which is Mercenary's Subtle Stitching and gives 16 Endurance and 24 vengeance. The one they list requires Glorified faction rep with some SL faction (I lvled in WFs and am not familiar with most of the names) and gives 19 Endurance and 35 Dexterity.

While that is slightly less health I would think the extra attack power/physical crit from the Dex on the PVE one would make up for it and this pattern seems to be repeated elsewhere.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 01-15-2014 at 02:47 AM.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    So, I found http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4360742 this post from July. Just looking at pure stats many appear to be better than the PvP ones flat out (seriously depressing) and appears to require a LOT of PVE for different factions. Is this list still valid? I looked at a wiki too and they appear to have the same ones listed...

For example, the cape one, the one I have is the PvP one which is Mercenary's Subtle Stitching and gives 16 Endurance and 24 vengeance. The one they list requires Glorified faction rep with some SL faction (I lvled in WFs and am not familiar with most of the names) and gives 19 Endurance and 35 Dexterity.

While that is slightly less health I would think the extra attack power/physical crit from the Dex on the PVE one would make up for it and this pattern seems to be repeated elsewhere.

Thoughts?
    what is pve runes?? lol I hope new players who pvp, don't think they can only do pvp and progress.

Open world content is easy to do and the rep is easy to get, you should be maxed out on those reps by the time u hit r90 via dailies.

You only need eternal and caretaker rep, pvp runes are better for rest slots. vengeance is more dmg in pvp. only 3 BIS runes from rep are needed. Rest you buy and grab from pvp vendors.

and you only need BIS runes on Mym gear. Just put cheap runes on freelancer and warlords in the mean time.

You should be more worried about farming absurd amount of Infinity stones for all your crystal upgrades.

btw that post u linked is for pve.
    Last edited by Emofanboy; 01-15-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Thoughts?
    As stated earlier, yes, the majority of rep runes are BiS for both pvp and pve content. With the coming WL CQ gear, which will also be BiS (I heard 60k IS for the full sigil), many many dailies are in your future. Reps you want are Quajiri, Caretaker, Survivors, Empyreal Alliance and Hailol (Less so), are the ones you want.

Quajiri, Caretaker and survivors are the runes for belt, neck and cape. Alliance is for the trinket, and Hailol is less necessary, as it's only a 2 AP upgrade to the crafted/bought lustrous rune, which is only a 3 upgrade from Reprisal, for the seal (PvP Rune: 40 AP, Lustruous 43, Hailol: 45). Though it is worth noting Hailol gives the only endurance rune for the seal, so if you're into that, there is that to consider.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Emofanboy View Post
    what is pve runes?? lol I hope new players who pvp, don't think they can only do pvp and progress.

Open world content is easy to do and the rep is easy to get, you should be maxed out on those reps by the time u hit r90 via dailies.

You only need eternal and caretaker rep, pvp runes are better for rest slots. vengeance is more dmg in pvp. only 3 BIS runes from rep are needed. Rest you buy and grab from pvp vendors.

and you only need BIS runes on Mym gear. Just put cheap runes on freelancer and warlords in the mean time.

You should be more worried about farming absurd amount of Infinity stones for all your crystal upgrades.

btw that post u linked is for pve.
    I only play assassin for the most part, I might get one for MM, and from there I doubt I bother with the rest. I already have the highest crystal for that, full Warlord's gear and 1 piece of Myrmidon.

I know that the post I linked is PVE my point is that the PVE runes look like they're better even for PVP than the PVP ones are which is fully ******ed. I was trying to verify that, and you're saying that at least for 3 of them, you think they are.

Being that Vengeance is the same as AP but only works against players it seems like pure stat increases might be better if they're more than the vengeance gain, as in the example I gave.

I should say that I came back to the game after a 2 year break just under a month ago so as far as that is concerned I guess I'm "new" even though when I left my rogue was maxed out for PVP.

Thanks for the info.
    Guardians:

38 Scataracts@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    As stated earlier, yes, the majority of rep runes are BiS for both pvp and pve content. With the coming WL CQ gear, which will also be BiS (I heard 60k IS for the full sigil), many many dailies are in your future. Reps you want are Quajiri, Caretaker, Survivors, Empyreal Alliance and Hailol (Less so), are the ones you want.

Quajiri, Caretaker and survivors are the runes for belt, neck and cape. Alliance is for the trinket, and Hailol is less necessary, as it's only a 2 AP upgrade to the crafted/bought lustrous rune, which is only a 3 upgrade from Reprisal, for the seal (PvP Rune: 40 AP, Lustruous 43, Hailol: 45). Though it is worth noting Hailol gives the only endurance rune for the seal, so if you're into that, there is that to consider.
    Yea, I had heard an ugly rumor about IS for WL essences, I didn't know there would be a sigil too but I guess that kind of makes sense. I hate to say it, but I might just leave again.

Trion has greatly extended the grind already over what it took to get rank 8 and fully geared from when I left. It's pretty clear that the business model is an endless treadmill with cash shop grind reducers, thanks F2P.

While you might look and say "well it's only taken you a month to progress as far as you have" that was being off work for the holidays + blizzard for 3 weeks playing 12+ hour days with patron/potions/holiday bonuses and generous use of the store to bypass grinding as much as possible. I can't continue that pace now (nor want to, as there are only 2 more WFs + CQ added in over 2 years from when I left) and am not looking forward to grinding dailies for 6 months to be viable; that certainly sounds more like work than playing a game.

EDIT: Again, thanks for the info though.
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 01-15-2014 at 03:16 AM.
    Guardians:

38 Scataracts@Seastone

I don't PVP too often, but if I remember correctly, you can get IS from Conquest. So you don't even need to grind dailies or Zone Events to get IS. It'll just take you 20 times as long, at least. Also, the daily grind should take ~1 hour per day for 2-3 months.

Also, you don't need BiS runes to be viable. They help, but if you're good you're good.
    Last edited by erct657; 01-15-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Being that Vengeance is the same as AP but only works against players it seems like pure stat increases might be better if they're more than the vengeance gain, as in the example I gave.
    Correct if I am wrong but heals use only AP (enduring brew/boosted recovery/bard), so AP is superior to vengeance, so I'd pick AP anytime or even dex.
    Last edited by xxs; 01-15-2014 at 05:43 AM.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by erct657 View Post
    I don't PVP too often, but if I remember correctly, you can get IS from Conquest. .
    Minor amounts - 30inf. stones per 3m foothold after the conquest is over and you may be very likely to be farmed for kill then, the big golems dont worth the effort unless you kill them w/ the mega turrets.

Yea, I had heard an ugly rumor about IS for WL essences, I didn't know there would be a sigil too but I guess that kind of makes sense. I hate to say it, but I might just leave again.

Trion has greatly extended the grind already over what it took to get rank 8 and fully geared from when I left. It's pretty clear that the business model is an endless treadmill with cash shop grind reducers, thanks F2P.

While you might look and say "well it's only taken you a month to progress as far as you have" that was being off work for the holidays + blizzard for 3 weeks playing 12+ hour days with patron/potions/holiday bonuses and generous use of the store to bypass grinding as much as possible. I can't continue that pace now (nor want to, as there are only 2 more WFs + CQ added in over 2 years from when I left) and am not looking forward to grinding dailies for 6 months to be viable; that certainly sounds more like work than playing a game.

EDIT: Again, thanks for the info though.
    By full sigil I meant the 6 essences. Word on the vine is they cost 10k IS each, in addition to warlord marks.

You don't *need* to get fully done up with all of them, really just the first tier is the best way to go about it, then just do chronicles/easier dailies/whatever you can tolerate. You can easily compete without them, the biggest difference is the fact that you'll be 1-2k behind someone will all the bells and whistles

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    Correct if I am wrong but heals use only AP (enduring brew/boosted recovery/bard), so AP is superior to vengeance, so I'd pick AP anytime or even dex.
    You sir, are indeed wrong. 4-6 months ago, you would have been correct.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

+ Reply to Thread