+ Reply to Thread

Thread: greater essence procs

Default greater essence procs

On my tactician

I've got both of these greater essences in my focus to see which one would proc. However, neither seems to. Should they?

http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/C8FAD...cusing-Crystal
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/D7D59...nar-Condensate

thanks in advance!

The first one will not, as it only procs from spells and rogues do not have any spells.

The second one should be proccing. Which abilities are you using to test it?

That being said, it's worth noting that at low levels, you shouldn't be using greater essences, as they're godawful. Put lesser essences in those slots, instead. At level 60, there are some greater essences that have passive stats and procs, and those are worthwhile.

thanks for the quick reply!
    I was in combat doing the regular rotation of torrents, emp bolt, curative blast/torrent primer
    I manually scrolled through my combat logs on multiple occassions and never saw any procs.

btw, how does one get a combat log file to look at offline?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertMa View Post
    thanks for the quick reply!
    I was in combat doing the regular rotation of torrents, emp bolt, curative blast/torrent primer
    I manually scrolled through my combat logs on multiple occassions and never saw any procs.

btw, how does one get a combat log file to look at offline?
    Torrents cannot proc anything, Curative Blast and Torrent Primer are not damaging attacks, and Empyrean Bolt is used so rarely that you probably wouldn't see any procs from it.

Type "/combatlog" in-game, and your combatlog will be recorded into a text file inside your Rift folder. There are some tools that can help you to analyze combatlogs more easily, such as ACT or Hypatia.

Alternately, you can use a DPS meter addon in-game and look at your damage breakdown there.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Torrents cannot proc anything,
    Could you elaborate on this? Just these particular greaters or really anything?

Thanks so much for your help!

Could you elaborate on this? Just these particular greaters or really anything?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Torrents do no proc anything at all. Effects from items, weapon enchantments etc. They proc absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Zazen; 01-15-2014 at 08:17 AM.

is that a bug, or a feature?

is that a bug, or a feature?
    It's intended. Torrents tick twice per second on up to eight mobs. They would hideously overpowered if they could proc things.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-15-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Well that's too bad, given that 12 seconds out of 14-15 seconds is spent doing nothing but torrents.

Well that's too bad, given that 12 seconds out of 14-15 seconds is spent doing nothing but torrents.
    Tactician is a spec that's generally not worth using anyways, so it's not really an issue at the moment.

I figure I'll run the tactitian for solo PVE leveling until I hit SL zones. BD doesn't really get good until then if I understand correctly. Nothing is more fun (on a rogue at least) than kiting too many mobs in a rift while mowing them down with a flameflower.

+ Reply to Thread