+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee DPS

Soulwalker

Default Melee DPS

should melee do more dps than my ranger spec?

or there's someting wrong with my melee dps?

link guide plz... 61 SIN , 61 NB , 61 BD -tnx

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AnswerMe View Post
    should melee do more dps than my ranger spec?

or there's someting wrong with my melee dps?

link guide plz... 61 SIN , 61 NB , 61 BD -tnx
    found a link already , question now is should melee do more dps than my ranger spec?

i do 14.2 dps with my ranger , and only 12-12.7 with my 61 SIN / 61 NB, melee can burst to 20+ @ first but eventually drop still end up with the same result for 4 minutes in dummies

found a link already , question now is should melee do more dps than my ranger spec?

i do 14.2 dps with my ranger , and only 12-12.7 with my 61 SIN / 61 NB, melee can burst to 20+ @ first but eventually drop still end up with the same result for 4 minutes in dummies
    Melee dps > ranger yea. The big prob with rogue dummy parsing is energy probs prevent real results and our melee specs scale much better than ranged specs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Melee dps > ranger yea. The big prob with rogue dummy parsing is energy probs prevent real results and our melee specs scale much better than ranged specs.
    so am i doing it right? or something is wrong?

i have 9 roles atm cant afford next upgrade!
    so planning on getting 2 melee...
    and why do we have 61NB and the hybrid 35NB/41 SIN

so im confused getting 61sin and 61NB or hybrid NB/SIN

RIFT Guide Writer

so am i doing it right? or something is wrong?

i have 9 roles atm cant afford next upgrade!
    so planning on getting 2 melee...
    and why do we have 61NB and the hybrid 35NB/41 SIN

so im confused getting 61sin and 61NB or hybrid NB/SIN
    If ranged is doing more than melee for you then you are either doing something wrong or your melee weapon is terrible compared to your ranged weapon. If you post parse breakdowns of melee specs that would probably be enough to identify potential problems but without those it's just about impossible to know what the problem might be.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    If ranged is doing more than melee for you then you are either doing something wrong or your melee weapon is terrible compared to your ranged weapon. If you post parse breakdowns of melee specs that would probably be enough to identify potential problems but without those it's just about impossible to know what the problem might be.
    yey finally figure it out doing 15.4-15.8 on dummy now in 5minutes

there was wrong in my macros(from the old guide i have read) and DOT maintaning
    a bit more practice and i'll get use to it

so i have 61sin now for melee, i have 1slot more! what is the difference with 61NB
    they hybrid 35 NB/41 Sin ...i want to get both but i cant afford 10slot for now that cost 900plat ...im doing melee for FT/EE btw ,

mr.gery tnx in advnce

Soulwalker

so i have 61sin now for melee, i have 1slot more! what is the difference with 61NB
    they hybrid 35 NB/41 Sin ...i want to get both but i cant afford 10slot for now that cost 900plat ...im doing melee for FT/EE btw ,

mr.gery tnx in advnce
    double cheking my account , there's alot of macro issue! not just on my melee

RIFT Guide Writer

mr.gery tnx in advnce
    61 NB has some aoe and the damage is comes in big bursts. NB/Sin has higher dps and it's more sustained instead of burst, it is also single target only. I find NB/Sin to be better suited for FT/EE than 61 NB.

However 61 Sin and NB/Sin are quite similar specs what comes to when you would use them especially in FT/EE so having both of them might be a bit of waste if you are short on role slots.

+ Reply to Thread