+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WhozDat

Thread: Rogue vs Cleric

Default Rogue vs Cleric

So I rolled a rogue after playing inq cleric for a long time. I played 61 mm for a while and compared to inq cleric its damage is awful in pvp. Tried sin damage is better but you are pretty much useless after ur burst and you cant kill healers alone anyways.

Time to go back to cleric?
    Omnium rerum principia parva sunt. - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Finglor View Post
    So I rolled a rogue after playing inq cleric for a long time. I played 61 mm for a while and compared to inq cleric its damage is awful in pvp. Tried sin damage is better but you are pretty much useless after ur burst and you cant kill healers alone anyways.

Time to go back to cleric?
    First off;

Inq is better then MM, by design, and by default. It's a clerics *only* ranged dps soul.

Rogues play differently then clerics, warriors, and to some degree mages. With rogues, the name of the game is utility, and your tool of choice is versatility.

A NB has likely the most single lethal combo in the game. 44-45k damage, in a vacuum, without accounting for the 10% damage increase or the amplified damage below 30% on your finishers.

MM isn't supposed to be the highest dps soul, it has good everything. Good mobility, good damage, good utility, packaged together with a bow that has no real weaknesses beyond a good dom. There is almost never a situation where MM is useless

Sin is a spec based on attrition. Eventually anything and everything will die to you, in the case of a healer. Debilitating poison drains much faster then they can regen said mana. You have the potential to CC them 50% of the time (Weapon barrage 12pts in BD as a subsoul) if they're a casting healer, and you have stuns on top of that.

Rogues do their damage easily, with few buttons, however it will be inferior to 2 buttoning other specs, until you get into the nitty gritty and applying your utility. Rogues do not outdamage their opponents with raw damage, while we can, it's usually caused by someone else hurting the opposing specs. They use their utility to cripple your opponents (Purge, stuns, ccs, silences) and their mobility to be in combat and in range more then any other class is capable of.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Ascendant

Clerics are very strong, so dont be surprised if you find them a bit stronger than rogues. At least in certain situations.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

you were playing range as inq , dont think you rolled rogue to stay range !

Try Sin and get back to me
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    you were playing range as inq , dont think you rolled rogue to stay range !

Try Sin and get back to me

If you were capable of reading you would read the second sentence where he stated that he tried sin. Be more constructive or don't even reply.

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    A NB has likely the most single lethal combo in the game. 44-45k damage, in a vacuum, without accounting for the 10% damage increase or the amplified damage below 30% on your finishers.
    I think Druid's is better

Plane Touched

Here are some known facts.

Anyone choosing to role Rog is doing so due to some sort of disability whether it be physical or mental.

Trion design Rogs with the intent for those people to excel hence why the class has the lowest skill cap of any class in the history of mmos, a nontrained monkey can be a pro.

With special attention begets further yearning for more, which is why Rogs are also the most spolied and wah wah class ever.

-Delhetorve

Quote Originally Posted by delhnuad View Post

Anyone choosing to role Rog is doing so due to some sort of disability whether it be physical or mental.

Trion design Rogs with the intent for those people to excel hence why the class has the lowest skill cap of any class in the history of mmos, a nontrained monkey can be a pro.

With special attention begets further yearning for more, which is why Rogs are also the most spolied and wah wah class ever.
    This might be the case in WoW now a days, not sure since I left the game quite a while ago, however in Rift rogues are far from spoiled. Someone claiming that a disable nontrained monkey can be "pro" have never tried it them self. Personally I got one of each class which all have cleared various parts of T2 and are atleast above rank 77 and I must say if your looking for something easy go for cleric.

Regarding the OP's question, you have to adjust your playstyle a bit to suit the tools you have and dont expect to be able to solo healers.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

Quote Originally Posted by delhnuad View Post

-Delhetorve
    This has got to be the biggest troll post ive ever seen.

Rogues need to know at least 5 dps roles just to compete in a raid. Our simplest soul being mm which is as difficult as tempest. Only other warrior soul needed is para and its easier than any of our melee souls. Cleric doesnt have 1 difficult soul all of them take a few mins to figure out and are pretty zzz from there on out. Credit where its due mages have some difficult specs but even still i dont think any of the match up against bd which is prob the most difficult spec to play at a high level since you have to completely change its "rotation", for lack of a better word, on every encounter.

What did you roll a rogue alt and only play mm and assume all specs are like that.

+ Reply to Thread