+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab/Tac Help

Soulwalker

Default Sab/Tac Help

Hello guys I have been playing the game a few weeks. Levelling a cleric. Now looking At the rogue. I have been playing the engineer in gw2 so I want to try the sab with tact soul tree.

I'm just trying to find out what other soul tree would work well to keep me alive.

What's the purpose of this build? Leveling/Questing? While it might be possible to create a functioning build with Sab/Tact for this purpose, I can't imagine it would be very effective.

Both are AoE souls, and while Sab *can* do decent ST DPS, it requires enough ramp-up time that using it in open world just wouldn't be worth it.

If you absolutely insist on using it for anything outside of dungeon trash and raid rifts, I would suggest getting 8 RS/4 Tact first (like so), or if you want more a little more Tact early on for whatever reason, you can do this. Then build your Sab tree up like this and then roughly following this guide.

You'd be better off with most other souls for leveling up though. Sin/RS/Tact, NB/RS/Tact, BD/RS/Tact.... Bard/NB/Tact..... Maybe Ranger.
    Last edited by Fudily; 01-05-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    Both are AoE souls, and while Sab *can* do decent ST DPS, it requires enough ramp-up time that using it in open world just wouldn't be worth it.
    I'm sorry, I've heard this before and consistently disagree.

Open-world SAB is super easy, with single mobs or groups. That's the one time when your traps can play a meaningful role in battle, and you can use your charges and delayed bombs to great effect. In most of my SAB fights, I don't even get touched!

Try something more like this for your build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t9G4g/BkAAGklix4/A8. You'll appreciate the extra 5 meters from MM, and the extra points in RS balance on damage but give you more END (which = HP) and mitigation for the times when you do wind up in close combat.

The 1-button guide is useful to understand SAB, but once you get the understanding you can do better with a full 8-10 button spread.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    I'm sorry, I've heard this before and consistently disagree.
    While I'm not going to tell you you're wrong since I've never actually leveled through the Sab tree before, you basically backed me up through your explanation in the following paragraph.

It might be easy, you might be able to kite your way through not getting hurt, it might even be fun, but I doubt you'll be even 50% as effective as one of our go-to leveling builds.

In that 5GCD's you used just to apply your charges, the BD has already killed the mob.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    While I'm not going to tell you you're wrong since I've never actually leveled through the Sab tree before, you basically backed me up through your explanation in the following paragraph.

It might be easy, you might be able to kite your way through not getting hurt, it might even be fun, but I doubt you'll be even 50% as effective as one of our go-to leveling builds.

In that 5GCD's you used just to apply your charges, the BD has already killed the mob.
    I leveled with sab and BD and Ranger so I can tell you sab is greatly effective leveling.. But i will also agree that it's not as fast for leveling as BD or Ranger.

As for dungeons I can pull 10k-12k dps on my Sab for ST with ****ty gear it's just all about the understanding of the soul

+ Reply to Thread