+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the ranged/melee transition bug getting worse?

Rift Master

Default Is the ranged/melee transition bug getting worse?

So I'm bad, and have always had Quick Shot macro'ed in with my Planar Strike/Phantom Blow macro.
    Never really been a problem. For experts, allows me to easily tag ranged mobs, and then pull them in with a taunt if they start to go haywire, but porting into a mob, I start whacking it right away.

However, was doing some pulls last week on Salvarola, and even though I'd open with a port, I'd still end up doing a couple QS shots on him before my toon would switch to his melee weapons.

Similar, seems like I'm seeing this happen more often then not now on my assasin (which I know is really bad, and I'll probably be fixing it tonight), where I can run around for 3 GCDs or so in melee range before my toon decides to finally switch.

Point remains: anyone else find that within the last month or so, this bug has gotten far worse than it has in the past?

It has always been that bad.

xxs
    Plane Touched

For riftstalker use a finisher (guarded steel) and for assassin use puncture when you notice you shoot that bow (gun).

i just have quick shot separate. though it is increasingly difficult to find a convenient key for it

+ Reply to Thread