+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By charliekelly
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Any MM PvP Guide?

Soulwalker

Default Any MM PvP Guide?

Hey all , im curently playn my first char in rift and i really enjoy pvp'ing in this game its fun. But i recently noticed that im using "muppets" (soz if the name wrong) Pve guide , and i think its a downfall since when i play pvp it doesent suit me best right? Can someone point me a up-dated MM pvp guide. And btw how can i get that ripper armor , im lvl 43 at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by iGroparu View Post
    Hey all , im curently playn my first char in rift and i really enjoy pvp'ing in this game its fun. But i recently noticed that im using "muppets" (soz if the name wrong) Pve guide , and i think its a downfall since when i play pvp it doesent suit me best right? Can someone point me a up-dated MM pvp guide. And btw how can i get that ripper armor , im lvl 43 at the moment
    Correct name is Muspel, though he shall forever be known to me as Muppet.

First off, I'mma give you tips for level 60, it's the only level that matters anyways.

Maximum dps is garnered through the fastest cycling of Empowered Shot as you can manage.

Your survivability comes from mobility, and not being in a place where you can die.

Your burst rotation is (Free recoil) Bulls-eye + Deadeye shot-> Empowered shot->Rapid fire shot-> Empowered shot, for me, this averages about 12-16k damage depending who I hit, and crits.

Strafe is circumstantial, though should always be on cooldown, allowing it to tick 3 times, then clipping it with either empowered shot (if you're using it after a finisher) or a finisher (If you're using it after an empowered shot) is optimal dps usage of it, however allowing it to channel completely provides an oft-needed energy management tool that should not be undervalued or underplayed.

Eradicate provides you with a modest amount of energy per cast, and serves as a secondary energy management tool to strafe. It also helps manage alot of the nastier/more vital buffs (Buffs on sents, on sins, etc, learn what you can purge, and what you should purge, this is the true learning curve of an MM)

Deaden is a god send, learn to use it, love it and abuse it (Focus targetting healers and using deaden with an @focus in a macro is an undervalued skill, allowing you to pressure two healers simultaneously.)

Remember On The Double breaks snares/roots.

Shadow shift+retreat is a full 30m port, 45m if you have free reload up and need a get out of jail free card. Retreat will negate a pull if you are in mid air, so if you get pulled off a ledge and hit retreat fast enough, you will end up back on the ledge usually.

Correct attack mods are Static Shock Munitions and Silver Tipped Munitions. None of the other ones are worth it.

Ask more specific questions about lower level pvp and I'll dredge what memory I have of them left.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 12-31-2013 at 02:23 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Soulwalker

ok i think i mannaged to figure that rotation on my own , but will it work for me at lvl 43? And btw how do i make it as macro , askin for copy paste ? Another thing i asked is how i get that ripper armor its sooo coool !!!

ok i think i mannaged to figure that rotation on my own , but will it work for me at lvl 43? And btw how do i make it as macro , askin for copy paste ? Another thing i asked is how i get that ripper armor its sooo coool !!!
    It won't work in it's entirety, as the 61 pt ability basically enables the second half.

That's the deal, if you want to MM as efficiently as possible, not much is macroable, but that's mainly due to free recoil. At your level, you could get by well with these two macros

#show empowered shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted shot

Hit Bulls-eye on Empowered shots, not rapid fire shots or hasted shots, you can put bulls eye on DES, but at this level the burst prolly won't be doing what you want it to be doing, but never the less is a decent habit.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Soulwalker

What exactly is DES? and btw i should be usint that macro like this ?
    1st : the empowered shot macro
    2nd : Hit bull eye and go dead shot
    3rd: use some swift shots and go with the rapid fire

What exactly is DES? and btw i should be usint that macro like this ?
    1st : the empowered shot macro
    2nd : Hit bull eye and go dead shot
    3rd: use some swift shots and go with the rapid fire
    DES, shorthand for Deadeye shot.

That empowered shot macro to 5 combo points, finisher, rinse and repeat. Empowered shot should reset every time you use a finisher.

The caveat is you don't always want to go with BE+DES, because sometimes you need to be mobile, to chase that person, the problem with relying overly much on BE+DES is that DES can be LoSed, which can mean the difference between getting the kill on someone, had you just opted for a regular finisher and put BE on empowered shot.

Soulwalker

At the moment no i didant put be on the emp shot , but im thinkin to do so . What would be my alternative on he running person?

Edit: So i put BE on the emp shot macro but it didant cast it , why?
    Last edited by iGroparu; 12-31-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Hey, can any MM post best pvp specs here?
    I just had a thought decoy is bad for pvp, maby some hybrids with sin or nb will work?

Press 1 a few times then 2, then start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendrock View Post
    Hey, can any MM post best pvp specs here?
    I just had a thought decoy is bad for pvp, maby some hybrids with sin or nb will work?
    The correct spec is 61 MM/10 Ranger/5 RS

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMwATlRqkqkAdduqtkvVLzvV

At the moment no i didant put be on the emp shot , but im thinkin to do so . What would be my alternative on he running person?

Edit: So i put BE on the emp shot macro but it didant cast it , why?
    You can't macro it in, you have to hit it manually after every finisher, otherwise BE will go off everytime it's up, often causing you to waste it on a swift shot

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Correct name is Muspel, though he shall forever be known to me as Muppet.

/10characters

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post

/10characters
    If I have to deal with being called queso everytime I talk in a voip, you can deal with muppets.

+ Reply to Thread