+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Ranger DPS

Soulwalker

Default Question about Ranger DPS

Hi all,

I am currently using Gery guide's 61 Ranger spec and my gear has 524CP, >2k PC, 3k8 AP. I can pull about 15k DPS on Raid boss dummy in Tempest bay. Is it good enough or still low? Because i didnt pay attention to use Shadow fire on CD with the 2 CDs so i think my DPS can be lower.

You're question here isn't very evident. Are you asking about using Shadow Fire on CD, delaying for CP or delaying to use it during Animalism? For dps purposes?
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Soulwalker

Thank you for reply. I just want to ask if my DPS is low so i know that i'm doing it wrong. Besides, if i only use Shadow fire on CD, don't care about syncing with the 2 CDs, will my DPS be reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Legoluz View Post
    Thank you for reply. I just want to ask if my DPS is low so i know that i'm doing it wrong. Besides, if i only use Shadow fire on CD, don't care about syncing with the 2 CDs, will my DPS be reduced?
    Certainly doesn't seem low, more then enough to be in T1 raiding for sure, for T2, even if that dps was low or irrelevant, I'ld highly recommend learning a melee spec. Rogues don't make for the best ranged dpsers, we're behind the other specs to some degree or another in anything dps related, however our melee is much closer then our ranged
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

It sounds fine to me!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Pet cleaves so your parses are useless if you do them in tempest bay since none of the dummies are far enough away from the others to avoid it.

With your gear 15-16k is about the dps you should be doing though single target as ranger.
    Last edited by Sacria; 12-31-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Non-raid buff TB dummy parse is usually a very bad indication of how your ranger dps will do in a raid setting because of two reasons:

1) pet cleaves get added onto your parse because TB dummies are too close to each other for some reason
    2) you run out of energy as a ranger, which contributes to a lot of lost dps (with a standard rotation anyway)

15k dps sounds good though
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 01-01-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Thank you all for your replies. Btw, what is the best trinket pre-paid for Ranger? As Riftscene it is the upgraded trinket from Empyrean Core (Empowered Dire Spent Heavy Omniparticle Emitter). I am currently using the Empowered Death Toll.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Legoluz View Post
    Thank you all for your replies. Btw, what is the best trinket pre-paid for Ranger? As Riftscene it is the upgraded trinket from Empyrean Core (Empowered Dire Spent Heavy Omniparticle Emitter). I am currently using the Empowered Death Toll.
    Empowered Death Toll is the best. EDSHOE is probably listed as better because the list does not take proc dps into account. Use EDSHOE only for bard, tactician and saboteur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Empowered Death Toll is the best. EDSHOE is probably listed as better because the list does not take proc dps into account. Use EDSHOE only for bard, tactician and saboteur.
    Or if you don't have Empowered DT yet :-p

+ Reply to Thread