+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to make OP class (Rogue) stronger.

Default How to make OP class (Rogue) stronger.

So today I got my Dark Ice Medallion (neck) for my main (cleric) from Fae Yule event.

Bind On Pickup
    Neck
    Intelligence +63
    Wisdom +91
    Endurance +61
    Spell Power +48
    Resist All +192
    Hit Bonus +65

Then I got my Dark Icicled Necklace for my alt rogue.

Bind On Pickup
    Neck
    Strength +63
    Dexterity +91
    Endurance +61
    Crit Power +80
    Resist All +192
    Hit Bonus +65

Can you see the difference here people. Let's look at the mages and warriors.

Mage

Dark Ice Pendant
    Bind On Pickup
    Neck
    Intelligence +91
    Wisdom +63
    Endurance +61
    Spell Power +48
    Resist All +192
    Hit Bonus +65

Warrior

Dark Ice Gorget
    Bind On Pickup
    Neck
    Strength +91
    Dexterity +63
    Endurance +61
    Attack Power +48
    Resist All +192
    Hit Bonus +65

So why are the OP class given Crit Power +80 while the rest get +45 SP-AP? I know which I would like and it's Not +45 SP.

So one class is favored over the other three, why?

While I'm at it lest have a quick look at PA buffs. I don't know what mages or warriors get as their 2nd buff.

Rogue - Weapon shield - Reduces the duration of disarm by 1 second and + 10 Endurance.

Cleric
    Icy Sigil - Increases your Maximum Mana by 360 for 2 hours. Usable on Totem, Two Handed.
    Lmfao. Do you believe this crap. Hahaaha who would put it on a two handed weapon? That's what our SP buff is for.
    As for totem in PvE it's not a option for clerics, I use it in PvP but this crap buff isn't needed. I tell you what I would like trion, fairness. What about you flush Ice Sigil down the toilet and give us a buff that "Reduces the duration of Silence by 1 second and + 10 Endurance = fairness.

The rich get richer
    The poor get the picture
    Last edited by MickNico; 12-28-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

I was going to respond, then I realized this is a PvP thread.

Not everyone needs CP, some are even called on CP. Just because this one item does not meet your personal preference, it does not mean one class is favored over others.

While I think that you are exaggerating and being stupid for calling rogues op, I kind of have to agree that the recent itemization has been really poor and needs a look at.

DH dexterity plate items
    End on t2 tank pieces (some classes just get way more than others)
    Availability of certain raid pieces (Cleric Wand in DH, Mage Wands never drop in 20mans, lack of 1h/2h balance, one always later even though they are equal/worse)
    Trinkets (tons of stats more on healing trinkets, dps trinkets with dodge and poor stats)
    Too many bosses drop the same (3 bosses in t2 drop necks)
    Last edited by Axarion; 12-28-2013 at 01:47 AM.

A cleric complaining about fairness, don't you feel ashamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    I was going to respond, then I realized this is a PvP thread.

Not everyone needs CP, some are even called on CP. Just because this one item does not meet your personal preference, it does not mean one class is favored over others.
    First of all it's not a PvP thread. I don't wear this neck gear on PvP.
    As for the rest if you are going for a dps neck item then you do want CP over SP or AP full stop. Tanks have their other neck options and while a healer needs SP over CP most lv 60 have so much SP that they will take CP whenever they can.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post

DH dexterity plate items
    Sounds like they just put more stats on the item, since way back when DH was realeased warriors actually WANTED more dex on plate.

Not everyone knows but stats on IDH was just buffed with like 3:1 ratio from 50 level version. Back in then warriors liked dex alot, cuz strenght didnt gave physical crit at all. I would rather choose that 48ap then 80cp.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    First of all it's not a PvP thread. I don't wear this neck gear on PvP.
    As for the rest if you are going for a dps neck item then you do want CP over SP or AP full stop. Tanks have their other neck options and while a healer needs SP over CP most lv 60 have so much SP that they will take CP whenever they can.
    The numbers look off but I know people in my guild that are capped on CP prior to this neck (when raid buffed). Heck I am one of the less geared members of the guild. I had over 900 CP prior to this neck...the cap (for raid buffed) is 1194 (somewhere in the 1200s if not). You can hit the cap with the Torvan upgraded greater essence (even the baby one gives Over 80) then add in the CP you get starting in T2 PvP PA...add in the fact pets have a cap of 500 CP...

So the neck is nice no doubt, but unless you get the upgraded one (all of which are pretty crazy) you are going to hit a point with CP where you will say "meh.". This is in light of the fact that the critic soft cap is like over 5k and AP/SP has no cap. Add onto the fact that certain builds have horrible crits scaling due to the souls involved (61 NB comes to mind) and it all becomes a lot more complicated than I think you give it credit for.

Now all of that said Rift has always had an issue with itemization. I have gotten leather that is strength oriented...the utter laziness in some dps trinkets being itemized for End and dodge simply so they do not have to make them for different callings...the clearly uneven drop rates...or even lack of items for specific slots in certain tiers...yeah pretty silly.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    Not everyone knows but stats on IDH was just buffed with like 3:1 ratio from 50 level version. Back in then warriors liked dex alot, cuz strenght didnt gave physical crit at all. I would rather choose that 48ap then 80cp.
    Yep. Hell when SL first dropped a butt ton of warrior gear was full of crit. Apparently the itemization dev and class devs don't talk much. Back pre-2.0 with the way crit was calculated purely on Dex and Warrior gear was strength biased, rogues hit the crits soft cap with ease and Warriors had a bear of a time. Heck the same thing existed for Cleric dps. I remember on my cleric having certain Mage items were BiS since Int=crits and you still got some SP from Int and Cleric gear was Wisdom bias. This is just a legacy of this time.

Ascendant

lmao, clerics complain about rogues being OP

/on a more serious note:

The bonuses were set to fill the class, and as were talking right now most rogues are behind in term of dps compared to other callings.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Shadowlander

Default First of all

Ignoring the fact that first learn what u talk about and then state something....Firstly ranger's Pet dont cap at 500cp..it scales with the player's stats....Graphic bug of some sorts....Secondary....Try 61 sin with capped cp and balanced stats and you are ok...Thirdly..I pressume the cleric isnt OP enough and u want more?Seriously for one example....I dare you try and take aggro from a cleric tank.....Just saying.....Poor itemization yeah i totally agree.....Rogues being OP nope sire i dont....

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Galandriel View Post
    Ignoring the fact that first learn what u talk about and then state something....Firstly ranger's Pet dont cap at 500cp..it scales with the player's stats....Graphic bug of some sorts....Secondary....Try 61 sin with capped cp and balanced stats and you are ok...Thirdly..I pressume the cleric isnt OP enough and u want more?Seriously for one example....I dare you try and take aggro from a cleric tank.....Just saying.....Poor itemization yeah i totally agree.....Rogues being OP nope sire i dont....
    rogues are op in pvp..need serious nerf, but in pve need a buff...
    so remove their stealth, burst, dodge for pvp and give them 20% dmg buff in pve all will be fine

I mainly Bard on my Rogue, so it grates when my only choice is CP or Crit. One size fits all is not a good model where gear, especially of this caliber, is concerned.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Galandriel View Post
    Mea Culpa on the pet thing. I went back to Gery's thread on Ranger and saw that he could not edit it and that he had tested it and proven there was a display bug that resulted in his first post. He is usually solid on those things so I made it as fact.

Other than that we are on the same train with everything else.

Rift Disciple

All classes are OP except for mages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast