+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spearhawk

Thread: Levelling as level 45 rogue

Soulwalker

Default Levelling as level 45 rogue

What is the best levelling specc?
    I found MM to be excellent in ST
    and maybe 2 mobs but 3rd mob is stretching as damage then is so high I prob die.

so question is, what is a good levelling specc while maintaining a decent dps, not having to shoot or whatever at the mob forever.

Bladedancer. See the guide in my signature.

Soulwalker

TBH that looks very complex and has to hit a certain button at a certain time. and I am not that good at doing that.

I started playing rift at beta and it was my first mmo. I eventually settled on a rogue as my main and used blade dancer with rift stalker and a bit of bard. I used it because it made it fairly hard to die and still did pretty decent damage. I could take on quite a few mobs at the same time without much issue. This is coming from someone who had never played before and was not a bit interested in a complicated setup. I use Muspels build now as it is similar to what i had pre storm legion and does more damage. No doubt i don't use it perfectly and don't always get max production but it works well regardless and is still fairly hard to die. I suggest you set aside some time to try and set it up, get your bars somewhat laid out and give it a try. Reevaluate from time to time and tweek when you see fit and eventually you'll play it without thinking.

Soulwalker

That is the point I was trying to make, by the time I look at my bars from the screen of my mob that I am fighting until I press the "right" button it takes 1-2 seconds and during that time I could die really fast. Thats why I try to macro as much as possible, but that does not seem to be a macro build that does everything in that guide.

Soulwalker

But Ill try it, except I do not understand how to import the settings into kalert... ahh now I see... well im trying it , we shall see
    Last edited by Spearhawk; 12-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Soulwalker

after trying it for a day I realise that it just wont work for me, I can not get into the rythm and I die really fast, even faster than with MM+Tac so sorry to say but for me it did not work.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Bladedancer. See the guide in my signature.
    how do I distribute the points at 45-50 lvl?

thanks

This would be what I mean about you playing rift on paper, muspel

Recommending our most complicated to play spec as a leveling build is somewhat off.

If you can't do bd...

You either do full tactician or the tactman variant until you're done with the first two areas of SL. By 53 or so you'd either have to pull fewer mobs or swap over to a more ST orientated spec.

Generally you'd take 4 tact and 8 riftstalker for your side souls to any DPs main soul and you'll be fine soloing most leveling content.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    This would be what I mean about you playing rift on paper, muspel

Recommending our most complicated to play spec as a leveling build is somewhat off.

If you can't do bd...

You either do full tactician or the tactman variant until you're done with the first two areas of SL. By 53 or so you'd either have to pull fewer mobs or swap over to a more ST orientated spec.

Generally you'd take 4 tact and 8 riftstalker for your side souls to any DPs main soul and you'll be fine soloing most leveling content.
    first of all thanks for answering ;)
    I still have a pair of things that would need to be clarified:
    - which are the first two SL areas? Shimmersand and Stillmoor?
    - I still dont know how to distribute my points, nore as a BD neither as a Tact or a tactman

thanks again

Soulwalker

I second Bladedancer is not really that complicated. If you have experience playing other mmo's the spec is really simple. I had a good understanding after a few minutes doing IA's with the spec. In Muspel guide there is a link that states which points to spent for lower levels. You don't really need an order to spent points just read the talents and use your judgement spending points in what you think have priority.

Soulwalker

In Muspel guide there is a link that states which points to spent for lower levels
    can't find it..unless u mean the soul tree

OH FOUND u mean in the soloing guide
    Last edited by Dakmor89; 01-13-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    "Most complicated" is kind of a misleading statement. While it's (arguably) true, it overlooks the fact that all of our specs are still pretty damn easy. Bladedancer is simply the least easy of them. It becomes more challenging if you try to optimize every last drop of performance, but even if you play it at the most basic level, it's still the strongest soloing spec we have for almost every situation.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-13-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Musphel's soloing build is the best IMHO. It's actually very easy to execute once you understand the attacks. It's a simple 1-2-1-3-4 button rotation on all but one dance. Think of the dance as a motif that doesn't refresh on a finisher. And the survivability is outstanding.

Kudos Musphel
    Hamcat Elora Vishten Selara Tadlos Hamacus Felonia Jenkins Jones Hamelora Nelvana Shambala Port Koliak and my GIMP Tunarri
    Altaholics Anonymous poster child. But one time or another every PvPer on every shard has died at least once by my hand.

Soulwalker

i'm following ur solo instructions but I keep dying against 5-7 enemy parties...I'm afraid it's cause of my low stats...is there any suggestion u can give me about my equipment?

+ Reply to Thread