+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rogue DPS Halved

Soulwalker

Default Rogue DPS Halved

Playing prior to this latest update I was pushing about 600-700 DPS on my Level 49 Rogue.. Using 47BladeDancer/10RiftStalker/5Bard .. Now I can barely push 400 using the same rotations, I get slaughtered in yellow areas where I used to be able to manage myself solo, 3 or 4 kills before resting. now i can barely kill one creature without almost dying.

Prior to the update I just got to the new map and was managing my quests okay.. The last two times I've played it's not even fun anymore. I even went back to the first map and and can barely survive by myself in yellow areas. I dont know what you guys did to the specs, it ruined the game for me. I have to learn a new spec all over again, it's not enjoyable anymore.

There were no changes to rogues in the most recent update (aside from a minor buff to Twin Shot, which you're not using). Certainly no nerfs.

By "the new map", I assume that you mean the Storm Legion zones? (IE Pelladane, Cape Jule, Seratos, City Core, etc.) If so, that's why-- the enemies in these areas are higher level and have higher stats (including armor/resists).

However, the gear that you'll get from quests in these these zones is many times stronger than what you'll have gotten in earlier areas. Once you've picked up a few upgrades, you'll probably find that things go much more smoothly for you.

In the meantime, I recommend adjusting your spec to something more solo-friendly. There's zero reason to put 5 points into Bard for a solo spec.

Soulwalker

Yes, I am talking about Storm Legion as the new map.. Basically at level 48 I was teleported to this area. I received level 49 and half way through a quest that is way outside of the teleport area. A week or so ago I was able to maintain in this area, getting a couple kills before resting.

I maybe looking at this the wrong way, did the creatures get buffed all around? I'm telling you something changed, i have completed quests in storm legion and now I am barely able to defeat the first single create I run into.. Even going back to the area I was on before moving to Storm Legion I cannot hardly fight anything. I have 3 level 50 items from Storm Legion quests that i cannot even use yet.

My Question is how did I achieve these items before and now I am not able to even survive the low level lands.

Nothing has changed in those zones.

Doing the Storm Legion zones before level 50 is going to be quite rough-- when mobs are higher level than you, they deal amplified damage, ignore a portion of your mitigation, and take reduced damage. I don't know why you're running into problems when you were fine before-- is it possible that you're just misremembering what things were like?

That being said, you should still be perfectly capable of 1v1ing any Storm Legion mob at level 49. This doesn't directly relate to your question, but if you take the time to read up on Bladedancer and optimize your rotation and spec, it'll help you out quite a bit.

maybe you're just killing something higher leveled when you didn't level yourself? Even a 1 level difference is huge in the SL zones
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Nope still cannot.. My rotation is the following.. and I do not know the acronyms so i apologize for the long names..

Ranged Cadence for 2 seconds, then typically Flash of Steel to the creature. Followed up by a deadly strike finisher..
    Into the Melee is keen strike>quick strike>keen strike>keen strike>deadly strike>quick strike, keen strike>quick strike>deadly strike .. rinse repeat..

I sometimes use Meditative Trance and a couple AE.. I buff with combat preparation, planebound resilience, and fanfare of vigor - as staples, with a couple of the ~60s buffs when i know I am going to fight a bigger creature.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    maybe you're just killing something higher leveled when you didn't level yourself? Even a 1 level difference is huge in the SL zones
    I am trying to kill stuff I was able to kill a little over a week ago. As I stated I have completed Quests in SL and was able to kill the monsters at +2 my level to receive a couple 100k quests and leveled to 49. Now i am half way through a quest in SL and cannot even make it to the location to finish it.

You wouldn't happen to have soul sickness?
    -Zparx of Imperium- -Icewatch-

Soulwalker

I've done the Army of One Quest and received Naval Breastplate, somewhere along the way I got a Meteoric Gloves of Alteration then the Soldier of Pelladane Quest to receive the Naval Hood.. currently doing The Looming Storm.. left on that because a guy was in the area and ahead of me in the quests, i ran up helped him kill Crucia, thinking it was part of the quest i was on.. then finished doing whatever it was i supposed to do, then had a quest using a mech then got the looming storm quest.. I almost soloed Crucia it was down to pry 10% health when i died.. was mad that the dude ran off and wouldn't come help me like i helped him I was done for the day.. now I am totally unable to even get back to that area.. going back to stillmoor i am getting ***** by anything i try to kill..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jerv View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have soul sickness?
    This went through my mind as well.. since I did resurrect myself that day.. It said it only lasts for 5 minutes.. Is there some trick to this.. is it 5 minutes of combat? or 5 minutes of motion? I know i've been sitting for more than 5 minutes easy. It could possibly be the reason.. I know my soul is mended full..
    Last edited by upsetrogue; 12-26-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Should only be 5 minutes.
    -Zparx of Imperium- -Icewatch-

Soulwalker

Welp I am 100% convinced that something about my spec has changed.. Absolutely no doubts in my mind.. It's a custom spec not listed in the menu. As a software developer of 10+ years I can assure you that we developers tend to make changes without documenting them into the release notes to keep complaints down. Sort of a you weren't supposed to be doing it that way anyways, and so now you just can't, get over it style.

Bladedancer abilities, which are the majority of your rotation, have not changed at all. Are you forgetting to use dances and were using them prior? You should always have a dance up with BD because the abilities hit relatively weakly otherwise. Your dance rotation at 49 should be Dualism->Double Coup->Blade Tempo for up to 2 mobs and Blade Tempo->Double Coup for more than 2 mobs, using Twin Strike and Compound Attack. Once you hit 50, start off with Blood and Soul Purity.

Also, I'm assuming your soul tree looks something like this, which doesn't have any modifiers low enough in RS or Bard to cause your dps to drop 50%. If you have the SL souls, I highly suggest changing your build to this and follow Muspel's Bladedancer soloing guide if you like levelling with BD.
    Last edited by erct657; 12-27-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Quote Originally Posted by upsetrogue View Post
    Nope still cannot.. My rotation is the following.. and I do not know the acronyms so i apologize for the long names..

Ranged Cadence for 2 seconds, then typically Flash of Steel to the creature. Followed up by a deadly strike finisher..
    Into the Melee is keen strike>quick strike>keen strike>keen strike>deadly strike>quick strike, keen strike>quick strike>deadly strike .. rinse repeat..

I sometimes use Meditative Trance and a couple AE.. I buff with combat preparation, planebound resilience, and fanfare of vigor - as staples, with a couple of the ~60s buffs when i know I am going to fight a bigger creature.
    Okay, so, this is the wrong rotation.

As Bladedancer, you want to do the following:
    • Use at least three builders between each finisher, so that you use up all of your charges of Deadly Dance.
    • Make sure that the last attack you use before each finisher is a mainhand attack (Keen Strike or Binary Strike). This is so that you can start the next builder sequence with an offhand attack, which lets you go offhand->mainhand->offhand on those three Deadly Dance charges. That way, you get two boosted offhand attacks instead of two boosted mainhand attacks (offhand attacks deal MUCH more damage than mainhand attacks).
    • Try to get as close to 5-point finishers as possible without using too many non-Deadly Dance boosted attacks.
    • Have a dance active at all times. These are the 90 second cooldowns. You have enough of them to always have one up, and your damage will be anemic without them.

Basically, what this means is that your opener is Flash of Steel->Keen Strike->Finisher.

From there, you repeat the following rotation:

Quick Strike->Keen Strike->Precision Strike->Keen Strike->Finisher

This gives you five combo points and two Deadly Dance-boosted offhand attacks in only four attacks, and finishes the sequence with a mainhand attack so you can start the next sequence the same way.

During Dualism (which causes offhand attacks to generate an extra combo point), you instead alternate between the following two sequences:

Quick Strike->Keen Strike->Quick Strike->Finisher
    Keen Strike->Precision Strike->Keen Strike->Finisher

For more info, as well as some tips on how to manage the dances, I recommend checking out the Bladedancer soloing guide in my signature.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Basically, what this means is that your opener is Flash of Steel->Keen Strike->Finisher.
    I no longer using that spec.. turned to battle barding to level and back to a normal 700dps without hardly knowing the spec yet..

Quick question about the bladedancer opener.. So at the point that I am using Flash of Steel, me builders are already maxed out, why would I Keen Strike, use a second and waste a builder point just to get off the follow up after a finisher? Do i get a bonus to using the follow up after the finisher? It seems like I just waste a builder point... or By using keen strike after the finisher, and I guess i should say only when your builders are full when you launch at the creature, you'll have one builder point vs no builder points after the same amount of time, and i think same amount of damage.

So assuming I am maxed out from the ranged attacked and flash of steel in maxed..
    Rotation: Flash of steel>Finisher>Keen Strike>Follow Up = 3 Builder Points at this point
    Rotation Flash of Steel>Keen Strike>Finisher>Follow Up = 2 Builder Points at this point
    Last edited by upsetrogue; 12-27-2013 at 12:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast