+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with a saboteur pvp spec

Default Help with a saboteur pvp spec

Hi everyone,

Would you guys have any advice on how to spec a saboteur for pvp? I do love the concept of it, an di can do a lot of damage so far, to at least put a ounce of pressure on the other team healers.

Thing is, my single target damage really isnt good (hell, most of my bombs seem to hit harder than my single target abilities), and my survivability is horrendous.

Right now, i am level 55, maxing the Sab tree as i go (56 points), with 6 points into marksman for the extra range, and repel. I am currently trying the reamining 9 points into BladeDancer, for the "side steps", and "Flash of steel" as an extra way to break roots.

I tried Nightblade instead of BladeDancer, but i am not sure that the boost to combo builders is of any help to bombs, where most of my damage come from. And the spammable range slow, while nice, does little to keep me alive when targeted.

Similar experience with Assassin instead of BladeDancer, it adds some damage passively, but i die just too fast when targeted.

Any suggestion to make it work?
    Last edited by xIGGYx; 12-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Sab will never really pressure healers. The AoE damage is good, but ST burst is better for PvP in this game. The one thing that Sab does bring to the table is a gtaoe silence that if I recall correctly ignores DR.

With that said Sab is great in CQ, but not in smaller fights (Warfronts).

P.S.
    I still play it from time to time because it is fun to play!
    Even free cost too much now

Yeah, i may not pressure healers all that much. I'm horrified when the other team has 3 healers, they are all bunched together, eating all my AoE, never spreading out a bit. They just heal through it. Seems more of an issue on how healers are balanced than anything else.

But to your points, i know Saboteur has flaws, but i play this toon/game for fun. So far, i like Markman and Saboteur. Marksman seems more consistant (okayish damage, good utility, but frail), but i want to try to get better at playing Saboteur.

~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

All in all the BD buffs make BD soul very good off-soul.

Hack n Slash is a potent increase and Blade Tempo being changed to effect all damage (Hack N Slash was changed in this way too) made the soul good for BD. Sab is too awkwardly setup for 1 soul to really fully reap benefit. Charges are physical CP builders, finishers aren't used/common, elemental general damage that works as a finisher. My problem always was I couldn't find a soul that buffs Sab damage all in all. BD seems to fill that slot pretty good though now. And of course the linked above note that buffed how Blade Tempo works just makes potential for a higher AoE burst window - which to echo others, is pretty much what it is worth in PvP. It has decent CC overall when you consider the ability to get root trap, stun trap, KB-up bombs, snare, silence. So definitely make use of that. I think I like spike bomb but you could probably get away without it. It's not ultra reliable in PvP as it's just a non moving GT-AoE and people move. I don't like 54/55+ in Sab though iirc. 51 is workable though. So in conclusion - imo - sab/bd.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Thanks for the answers, i will try with a dash more of BladeDancer. And maybe with a little less of Saboteur in the main tree.

The reason why i went so heavily into Saboteur though, was that charges/detonate fell very underwhelming, giving healers just way too much time to get that green bar up. Even with 5bleed/5blast/instant5blast. So, more bombs (more damage on demand) seemed the way to go.

Another question : i try to use the aoe silence to shut down some healers, at least temporarily. Most immediately move out of the area, but i've seen one just standing there and he kept on healing (saw his cast bar). Any idea on that ? Was it just some lag artefact?

Thank you all for your time.
    Last edited by xIGGYx; 12-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Shadowlander

My self I LOVE my SAB build in PvP most WF people seem to group up..I do alot of dps damage and get tons of kills with the heals behind me watch out and of course helping out the other team mates out too ... yeah it sucks one on one but for me i have a blast

+ Reply to Thread