+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard and Soft Cap

Default Hard and Soft Cap

For General stats like before SL, Is there a Hard and Soft caps for our Stats? what should be good enough stats should be reaching for?

More percentage than an actual number if you can please.

Whats a good ATP range?
    whats a good Physical Crit range?
    Whats a good Crit power range?
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trufrost View Post
    For General stats like before SL, Is there a Hard and Soft caps for our Stats? what should be good enough stats should be reaching for?

More percentage than an actual number if you can please.

Whats a good ATP range?
    whats a good Physical Crit range?
    Whats a good Crit power range?
    Physical crit soft cap is approx 5670 (45%), but don't worry, as you'll never get anywhere close to that. Physical crit in SL is rather lowly itemized so most items that have it don't have quite enough crit to make it worth using. There might be some exceptions as you get into the higher tiers of gear/stats (CP "capped" etc). In general, don't bother stacking items with Physical crit, just let it increase naturally from dex/str.

Crit Power has a hard cap of +50% (total of 200% as your base crit damage is 150%). This translates into approx 1400 Crit Power. Although, with the CP greater essence, feast, and guild banners, this reduces the requirement down to about 1194 CP, as the other things will take you up to the 1400. I'd say you would probably aim for at least 800-900 CP or more, though this is a bit dependent on spec used and your current gear level/stats.

I will also note that Crit Power functions best when you have a bard and archon (basically in a raid setting), it is also preferred to have some sort of Crit debuff on the target too from Lethal/Dauntless/other sources.

Attack Power does not have a cap. Your best bet is to see if you can find any stat weights for specs that you want to use (or generate your own weights from parse data).
    Last edited by Adastra; 12-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Wow thank you for that detailed explaination. Have a good day sir i will be telling my guildies the information you provided. Have a good day sir.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

I'll be @1300 Crit Power self buffed after I get my relic cape crafted, it's only good for NB/SIN or 61 SIN. It you're going to play Bladedancer or Ranger, then Attack Power is your path. I think CP works for MM too, not entirely sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread