+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top Rogue 1 vs 1 PvP spec - which souls/specs are it? (NB & BD abilities seen)

Telaran

Default Top Rogue 1 vs 1 PvP spec - which souls/specs are it? (NB & BD abilities seen)

I play (and have played since 2011) full Sin always, because I enjoy the playstyle. And I will continue playing it.

But lately (last 1-2 months orso? - not sure how long though) there are some new specs
    which rogues use, and they usually kill me in about 5-10 seconds, while I'm lucky if I do 25% hps damage to them.

Now, I don't mind getting 'owned' like that (it's only a game) - but I'm wondering what this spec is?

And how it comes to be so powerful (which abilities make it drop me so fast - so what are the burst components) - and how you could counter it.

In some cases I see BD abilities (like reprisal), in other cases NB abilities - but often also Sin poison damage.

So I guess it's some Hybrid - but not sure.

Does anybody know and care to share the spec and talk what the vulnerabilities of it are - so I can try to counter it?

Thnx,

=7
    f2p (2013-2014): ZevZevv, Deepwood, Defiant, Rogue
    Pre-f2p (2011): Zeven, Spitescar, Guardian, Rogue

Telaran

Oh, some of the specs (or all?) seem to have some run speed buff where they run around at like 500% runspeed (or so it seems ;-) )

Also, I noticed often my CC like stun or confuse abilities don't affect them.
    Last edited by Seven_PRX; 12-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.

NB counter = kite when he starts to glow purple,orange or when you get drained, purge
    BD counter = kite as much as you can
    Sin counter = kite when you see him using poison malice, purge
    Last edited by Nynja; 12-22-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

The only rogue specs worth playing are sin and mm. get out of here with this nonsense.

Telaran

Thanks for your replies - and while I agree that SIN is good in PvP (I love playing the soul), the specs I'm looking for really destroy my Sin in a few seconds, and while they do have some Sin abilities, it must be the BD or NB abilities that make the difference.

Not saying it's a better overall PvP spec - but in the short burst/1 vs 1 it's not even close.

And like I said: it's a big difference - I don't stand a chance - it's over before I can do much, and CC doesn't seem to effect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_PRX View Post
    Thanks for your replies - and while I agree that SIN is good in PvP (I love playing the soul), the specs I'm looking for really destroy my Sin in a few seconds, and while they do have some Sin abilities, it must be the BD or NB abilities that make the difference.

Not saying it's a better overall PvP spec - but in the short burst/1 vs 1 it's not even close.

And like I said: it's a big difference - I don't stand a chance - it's over before I can do much, and CC doesn't seem to effect them.
    Sin with the correct poison set-up for the fight, is almost unbeatable in a 1v1 if you're fighting another rogue or a warrior. You're likely doing something wrong, or the person your fighting outgears you, likely a combination of the two.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Ascendant

You can try RS / Sin. You get like 4 or 5 blinks with bonus dmg , crit chance / ms after using them and around ~35k hp.

The dmg will not be as high as dmg of pure Sin, but you will often outlast your enemies in 1vs1, and it's hard to kite somebody with so many blinks and other CC.
    Last edited by AlwaysHealNeverDie; 12-22-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You can try RS / Sin. You get like 4 or 5 blinks with bonus dmg , crit chance / ms after using them and around ~35k hp.

The dmg will not be as high as dmg of pure Sin, but you will often outlast your enemies in 1vs1, and it's hard to kite somebody with so many blinks and other CC.
    You want living flame, so max 25points in RS, then zero in BD (zero BD is awesome for pvp), you lose blazing path if you go that deep in RS though but you're extremely durable and pick 30% dmg reduction cooldown too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_PRX View Post

download a parser... then after you are dead check your incoming damage..

I dont recommend going more than 11 points in Riftstalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

I run across another sin every once in a while that seems to be able to burst me down within a few seconds. It's a combo a gear and there build. I was testing sin builds the other day and it seems its just what you do with youre off souls. Also the buffs they have on them. You can go all dmg but I find going 4 or 5 into RS is great for the extra survival. It wouldnt seem like it but it does add at least a little bit. There of course will always be RNG.

There is this one Rogue that always wants to dual. If he starts losing the dual he will do something that logs him right off, or he will forfit the dual and say hmm I wonder what happen. Its kinda funny. I don't really dual often, but I do allot of owpvp and WF's. I run 61MM in most WF's unless we are low on heals I'll run Tacta-Bard and I have turned so many WFs around that way. People just don't realize the power of Tacta-Bard it seems.. Anyway back on topic.

Are you talking in WF's, Duals or owPvP that you notice this? Now after thinking about this, I have done the same to allot of other Rogues. 5 seconds and they are dead. But on avg, fights last allot longer then they seem to. And dont forget about vials, the ones that will add a lot more crit for 15 seconds ect, I have noticed in open world if I have killed the same few people over and over they will pop whatever they can to bring me down. I have caused 3 players to bring out about 20 other players in a open world pvp quest area where its just me late at night. Then when they do kill me because I open on one of them and 5 other rogues open on me, they call me bad, lol. It's just a game, when I get my *** kicked by the same Rogue a few times in a row I will end it on good terms. After all we are forced to fight with the same people we kill in open world. I don't like it and I wish I could toggle it off. I would wait 5mins If I had to just to fight with the same players each WF. Now WF's are so messed up and I am never put on my side. 9 out of 10 WF's I get put on the defiant side. It's always win win win, lose lose lose. I hope they add in a way to opt out of mercenary. It's just not fun when you are always fighting the people you play with.

Duals, 61nb is hard to beat and if plied right can be pretty solid in WF's. If you just getting owned b4 you can do anything there is a sin/nb hybrid with insane burst but nothing for survivability. You would have to check a parse to see which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Duals, 61nb is hard to beat and if plied right can be pretty solid in WF's. If you just getting owned b4 you can do anything there is a sin/nb hybrid with insane burst but nothing for survivability. You would have to check a parse to see which it is.

How to beat a 51+ NB in a duel: Activate poison malice
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Any rogue that goes 21+ points in RS is a free kill for me, their damage is awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Any rogue that goes 21+ points in RS is a free kill for me, their damage is awful.
    Except that Sin/RS is the best duel spec Rogues have... so you're probably wrong there.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast